Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 9:22:37 PM EDT
went out and revisited the P227 14rd magazines and if you fully load theem (14 shots) about the 10th or 11th they nose down in the front of the magazine and cause the slide to have to be pulled back to rack a round.

sometimes they work but sometimes its about a couple times.  it would be nice to know why SIG went to production on faulty magazines.  if you cant rely on a magazine to work when its needed the gun is worthless

other people have said they had the same issues. hope someone else can test out their 14 round magazines and let me know

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Try another mag.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
ive tried all 4 that came with it. they all do it
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it do this with a different ammo? Is the bullet possibly not fully seated? Odd nicks on the bullet has me wondering?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Those bullets look compressed into the case.  I would not fire them.

Clear "nose dive situation"

I would take the mags apart, and make sure the springs are not installed backwards.

Just a thought.
< not a fan of Sig's lack of quality past few years.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Empty the mags, take a ruler, and work the shit out of the follower and spring.

I have seen mags of many different persuasion require that treatment although my 14 rd P227 mags have been perfect and I have found the quality of new Sigs to be just as good as my older ones.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Are those reloads? I see resizer marks toward the base. Is your OAL too long?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]
i shot a couple hundred rounds today and eventually they stopped doing that.

but I will still keep my eye on them for now
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My P227 10 round mags are very tight from the factory. Getting the 10th round in is a chore. I noticed only one fail to feed, but I attributed it to being my light powder charge SWC reloads. This occurred on the second round out of the mag which would have been the first one loaded to the chamber by the action of the pistol and not my hand.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]
All four of my 14 round mags do the same thing in my P227 tactical.  I tested with blazer brass, magtech, and PPU (ball 230gr ball).  All ammo hangs up with a nose dive.  I get one to eight hangups on every mag.  I bought 2 mags from Cabelas and two from Ammo depot (i think it was).  I had the problem first with the Cabelas mags and thought maybe it was a batch thing, so bought two more on-line but same issue.

I've taken them apart and cleaned with no difference.  I think the springs are way too weak.  All 14 rounds go in too darn easy.  New mags out of box should be a little tight, especially on the last few rounds.

If the 14er's don't work with the P227 it's a deal breaker for me, as that's why I went for the new .45 Sig (the promise of high cap mags).  The standard 10 rounders work flawlessly (i have 4 of them too).
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard of a few people with this issue (some sent the mags back to SIG). Both of my 14 rd mags functioned flawlessly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
So I'm no expert at all. But it looks to me like the magazine lip is up too far. I checked my SP2022, P228, P229 and P7 and none of the magazine front lips stick up as far as it appears to in your photos. Yours look like the front lip blocks the feed ramp a bit.

So I would check two things:  is the front of the bad mag running higher than others?  Is the cutout for the mag catch further down from the top of the mags in the bad ones versus the good ones?  This would make the mag ride higher.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are those reloads? I see resizer marks toward the base. Is your OAL too long?
View Quote

Just curious about this question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top