Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 8:30:09 PM EDT
Picked up a new SIG full sized Nightmare 1911 a little while ago.  Ran a few hundred rounds of various hardball ammo and a couple hundred CCW rounds (critical defense, silver tips, & Gold Dots) without a single FTF, FTE, or malfunction of any kind.  Swapped out the stock trigger for a Wilson Combat, Flat, Bomb Proof trigger.  tuned the trigger so it has 1/16" take up, almost zero over-travel, and a crisp 4 lb. pull.  Swapped out the stock grips for a pair of Ed Strange's Aluminum anodized Wicked Grips.  It is now ready to rock & roll.

MadDog

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking piece, OP!

Although, I hope you never have to defend yourself in court over your grip choice....(OBVIOUSLY you were looking to kill!)
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Picked up a new SIG full sized Nightmare 1911 a little while ago.  Ran a few hundred rounds of various hardball ammo and a couple hundred CCW rounds (critical defense, silver tips, & Gold Dots) without a single FTF, FTE, or malfunction of any kind.  Swapped out the stock trigger for a Wilson Combat, Flat, Bomb Proof trigger.  tuned the trigger so it has 1/16" take up, almost zero over-travel, and a crisp 4 lb. pull.  Swapped out the stock grips for a pair of Ed Strange's Aluminum anodized Wicked Grips.  It is now ready to rock & roll.

MadDog

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MadDogDan/media/DSC00445_zpsc1251f27.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/MadDogDan/DSC00445_zpsc1251f27.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks great, and I'm not even a 1911 guy. Details on the knife?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Carry Nightmare- fantastic gun and also in my carry rotation.  

I picked up a Galco Jackass holster from craigslist for $60 almost new (looks new to me, seller said he wore it twice). I figure that was a reasonable price for a holster style I haven't tried, and holster that doesn't *necessarily* fit the gun. It conceals well under a Hawaiian shirt and takes a load off my belt which is a nice change.

I also got a custom pancake holster from Lobo Gun Leather- smooth leather lined with a thumb-break for open and concealed carry. This gun is too pretty to hide it all the time.

Not a fan of the grips (got over the whole skulls thing in high school) but glad to see someone is making grips for the Nightmare guns.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Carry Nightmare- fantastic gun and also in my carry rotation.  

I picked up a Galco Jackass holster from craigslist for $60 almost new (looks new to me, seller said he wore it twice). I figure that was a reasonable price for a holster style I haven't tried, and holster that doesn't *necessarily* fit the gun. It conceals well under a Hawaiian shirt and takes a load off my belt which is a nice change.

I also got a custom pancake holster from Lobo Gun Leather- smooth leather lined with a thumb-break for open and concealed carry. This gun is too pretty to hide it all the time.

Not a fan of the grips (got over the whole skulls thing in high school) but glad to see someone is making grips for the Nightmare guns.

http://imgcdn.geocaching.com/cache/log/23d67836-a852-4114-b672-c9486bc8385a.jpg
View Quote

Mainsail:  Nice pair you have there.  I am 60 and still haven't gotten over the whole Skull thing.  In fact Ed will be making various anodized skull grips for the P938.  I sometimes CCW two 938's in a New York Reload style holster so they both will be wearing a pair.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nice looking piece, OP!

Although, I hope you never have to defend yourself in court over your grip choice....(OBVIOUSLY you were looking to kill!)
View Quote
Thats internet and gunshop hearsay..  If the shooting is justified he is fine.

OP great looking gun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#6]
That's sweet. I'm amazed at how comfortable the curved backstrap is. Based on looks I hated them. Then someone at the gun store gave me a nightmare to hold and said yea feel this grip. I loved it. This was last week. I want to get the 5" now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP great looking gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice looking piece, OP!

OP great looking gun.

I don't think so.  Juries are made up of regular people and if you don't think the prosecutor and/or the plaintiff's attorney won't use everything in their power to win their case you are naive.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think so.  Juries are made up of regular people and if you don't think the prosecutor and/or the plaintiff's attorney won't use everything in their power to win their case you are naive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice looking piece, OP!

OP great looking gun.

They will try to make their case regardless.  Please post one righteous shooting case where the defendant was convicted because of the grips he had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top