Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 10:31:58 PM EDT
I ordered a custom holster from Multi Holsters for my P227 SAS G2 and after waiting 3.5 months it arrived but is too tight.  Tony asked me if I had a set of calipers to measure the slide so he can adjust his mold.  Can anyone help me out?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I measure 25.6 mm at the wides point at the muzzle and it looks like that holds true all the way to the rear of the slide.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried loosening the tension screw on the holster?  

Also, get thee to a Harbor Freight  http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-composite-digital-caliper-93293.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the measurements!

I loosened the retention screw but the screw wasn't that tight to begin with.  I lubed the inside of the holster and I can now insert and draw easier.  However, it still rubs the slide enough to leave what appears to be material from the Kydex on the slide.

I'm not sure what they could do to correct it.  I know they used the P227 Nitron as the mold, so I doubt it would make a difference if they made me a new one using a SAS G2 model.  Since it's tight on the slide and not the frame.  Tony is willing to tweak it but now I'm not sure it needs anything.

Check out the rub marks on the slide from the holster.  What do you think?  Normal or too tight?  It seems to draw fine now.

Here's a comparison between my G17 holster and the P227 SAS holster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top