Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 7:26:07 PM EDT
Looking to purchase a Sig P226 Tacops in .40. It will be used when I get it. Much more common than .357 Sig. Will convert to .357 Sig, is the barrel just a drop in and can you use the .40 mags for the .357 Sig, or are there .357Sig mags?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mags are the same and barrel is (usually) drop in. There is a slight difference in front sight height between the .40 and .357 guns so your sight picture will not be exactly the same.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, barrel is the only change needed. Mags are the same.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Factory Sig barrel is all you need, recoil spring and mags are all the same between 40/357. I never thought about the different sight height. I shoot 9mm with a Barsto barrel out of a 40 slide and all my rounds still hit where I'm aiming so must not be that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
well thanks for responses, I'm sticking to the 226 as I have one already in 9mm and lots of parts. I fitted an EFK ported barrel to it, so I can't imagine converting would be that hard, my concern was the fixed bushing, I guess, I'm a 1911 type, in the slide, whatever it's called. Sights aren't an issue, unless it comes with a Tru-Dot adjustable, which is unlikely. I can change that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top