Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 2:15:08 AM EDT
Anyone know a good source where I could get my hands on a good condition German Sig P228?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Usual sources.  Gunbroker, EE, the shows.  An actual CPO 228 is going to be very hard to find.  Used 228 of any flavor generally gets snapped up quickly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]

It's going to be tough for you to find a CPO P228.  I'm not certain any of those sold are as new in the USA nowadays.  

The whole Sig CPO handgun market is really weird.  CPO's just seem to randomly pop up on
local gun shops, Gunbroker, TopGunSupply, BigDeezGuns, PatelsRepair...

I love the CPO's.  They seem brand new, and the price is usually ~40% cheaper than new.  

The only downside is the warranty.  Only one year for CPOs, versus lifetime on the others.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a good conditioned used Sig P228?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Check used guns on budsgunshop.com

Actually, here is the link:

Link to P228

My experience with Buds has been very, very good.  Most of the guns I have purchased (15-20 over the years) were in like new condition and some I am pretty sure were unfired.  This listing doesn't have a picture but the description says 90-100% / excellent condition which to me says it is very close to new.  If you haven't dealt with Buds before, read their terms on refusing the gun if you aren't happy with it.  Also, I just noticed this is a "Team Buds" item so it is reserved for people who have paid $25/$30 per year for special access and special handling.  It may be worth it if you really want a P228.

And then there is this listing on gunbroker.com:

Link to German P228

For what it's worth, I landed a like new P228 about 3 years ago in a LGS for $515.  That was one of my better buys!

Good luck on your search.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The one at Bud's gun shop is not an original German production.

The one on gunbroker is damn nice but $900 bucks is a bit high.

Thanks for the links though, I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I too had the same reactions as I put the post together.  Can you contact the seller on gunbroker and make an offer????  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check used guns on budsgunshop.com

Actually, here is the link:

Link to P228

My experience with Buds has been very, very good.  Most of the guns I have purchased (15-20 over the years) were in like new condition and some I am pretty sure were unfired.  This listing doesn't have a picture but the description says 90-100% / excellent condition which to me says it is very close to new.  If you haven't dealt with Buds before, read their terms on refusing the gun if you aren't happy with it.  Also, I just noticed this is a "Team Buds" item so it is reserved for people who have paid $25/$30 per year for special access and special handling.  It may be worth it if you really want a P228.

And then there is this listing on gunbroker.com:

Link to German P228

For what it's worth, I landed a like new P228 about 3 years ago in a LGS for $515.  That was one of my better buys!

Good luck on your search.
View Quote

$900!

Hell, I outta drag out my NIB P228.  Wonder what that is worth.

As for the Bud's gun, I didn't realize that they ever made the P228 with a rail.

Learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I too had the same reactions as I put the post together.  Can you contact the seller on gunbroker and make an offer????  Good Luck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally speaking, a P228 in that condition is gonna get that much.

You were lucky on the one you got, you bastage.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I'm assuming you're talking about my $515 buy?  I just popped open the safe to double check the gun.  It says Made in W. Germany on the slide but I don't see import marks under the barrel.  Are we talking about the same animal?  I'm not always the purist that some of you are......
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm assuming you're talking about my $515 buy?  I just popped open the safe to double check the gun.  It says Made in W. Germany on the slide but I don't see import marks under the barrel.  Are we talking about the same animal?  I'm not always the purist that some of you are......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am just talking about it being like new.

I was complimenting you and your P228.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
While we're talking about P228's, I first got interested when I learned about the M11.  That's when I ran into my P228.  I have since picked up an M-11A1-TB.  I'm ashamed to say that I have not yet fired the gun.  I have read what seems to be some disdain for the M11's that are coming out.  Some debate about MK-25 vs M-11.  What is that all about?  The M-11 comes with some upgrades like the SRT which I have great affection for.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, but my P228 says Made in W. Germany on the slide - does that make it the same gun the OP is searching for?  I'm just curious.  My post was not a "why you bustin my balls?" post.  Just looking for info.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know, but my P228 says Made in W. Germany on the slide - does that make it the same gun the OP is searching for?  I'm just curious.  My post was not a "why you bustin my balls?" post.  Just looking for info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the "made in W Germany" means is that your is really old.  It's the same gun and he would do well with either.

One was made before the wall came down, the other was made after the wall came down.

That's the only difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Basically what I am looking for is one of the carbon steel slide, all German made Sigs.

IMO the stainless slide just added extra weight, and poor balance, while using a softer steel. Yes it does offer rust resistance which is a plus.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top