Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 4:14:18 PM EDT
I noticed that the barrel hood on my P320 is slightly lower than the top of the slide and on a lot of other auto's I've looked at it's flush. Is there something out of spec on this gun? It's shot just fine for the 900rds I've put through it, but noticing this bug me a bit.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we touched on this subject in the thread over at pistol forum.com, so sorry if this seems redundant. But my first instinct upon looking at those pics is to call sig and just ask them what's considered "in spec". I've never seen an autoloader that  locks up in battery with that much space between the top of the slide and the barrel hood. My P320C is perfectly flush there. I know the 320C and the 320FS have different recoil springs, so that may be the source of the difference in lockup. Maybe some more folks who own the FS model here can chime in as to what their slides look like when in battery.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I know it's a different platform, but that's how both of my P229s are. My main has thousands of rounds since 1994 and never a failure.  My P228 and SP2022 are flush though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Put your mind at ease and call sig. Period.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put your mind at ease and call sig. Period.
View Quote

On hold with SIg right now, I'll let you guys know if I learn anything.

ETA. I just got off the phone with a Sig rep and he said that as long as the primer strikes are consistently in the same spot it is a non issues where the barrel hood sits in the slide. He also said if I wanted to bring the gun by one of their smiths could take a quick look at it for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top