Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 12:26:42 PM EDT
Got a new P938 Scorpion being delivered today.

Will I be disappointed?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hells no!!! I'm loving my 938 extreme. Just find the right IWB holster and see which ammo it likes and shoot the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I just fired 100 JHP 124 gr and 100 FMJ 115 gr without single failure. Feels very solid and trigger is good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I fitted my P938 Extreme with the OEM SIG threaded barrel, recently. I finally got to try it yesterday with my .45 Osprey installed and 147 gr loads. This setup is stupid fun to shoot!

If you are unhappy with your P938, you are awfully hard to please. Mine has been a pure joy to carry and shoot for over a year, now. It is surprisingly accurate and reliable for such a small package!

As said above: get plenty of ammo and go shoot the piss out of it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I think you will be delighted.

My advice is to get it 200 rounds to fully break in before you judge it. I've had two, and both were a bit finicky in the first 100-200 rounds, but absolutely reliable for several hundred rounds since then.

The only thing that may bug you at first is getting the recoil spring / guide rod back in after cleaning. It can be a bear until it gets broken in. Use one hand to pinch half the length of the recoil spring as you compress it. That'll keep it from bending and kinking.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Just remember to keep the grip screws tight.  I lost mine after 1000 rounds. :(  Also, I like carrying mine in an IWB leather kidney style.  I would suggest getting the holster for the P238 though.  It will be WAY tight at first but break in perfectly.  I made the mistake of getting the 938 and it became way to loose in a month.  The 938 is maybe 1/4-3/8 wider and a hair longer I believe.  

LOVE IT!!! 1500 rounds through it and not a single faliure.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fitted my P938 Extreme with the OEM SIG threaded barrel, recently. I finally got to try it yesterday with my .45 Osprey installed and 147 gr loads. This setup is stupid fun to shoot!

If you are unhappy with your P938, you are awfully hard to please. Mine has been a pure joy to carry and shoot for over a year, now. It is surprisingly accurate and reliable for such a small package!

As said above: get plenty of ammo and go shoot the piss out of it!
View Quote

THIS! I carry mine IWB all day, every day.  I have the extreme as well but using a TiRant 9s in the front (still at daycare). Since winter is on it's way, that set up is going from IWB to shoulder holster (with can on).

You won't be disappointed. Just get it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the advice guys. I picked it up on Wednesday. First impression is "dick hard".

I wasn't sure how i would like the G10 scales but I'm pretty pleased with them. I have several G10 knives so I'm familiar with the texture. Just wasn't sure if it would be too much on a set of pistol grips. Not too rough yet textured enough to have a solid grip. I'm probably going to purchase the FDE hogue grip just for future options.

The one thing I don't like about the package is it came with just the trigger guard holster. I hate those damn things. So now I'm researching OWB holsters. I had already ordered a Remora IWB and it will be here today. But my primary purpose for this pistol is OWB. So I'm looking at all the options of kydex retention holsters. Right now I'm kinda leaning toward Bravo Concealment but have only done a days worth of researching. I was just gonna get one of the factory sig poly clip holsters but everything I've read says they suck.

Any suggestions on OWB kydex holsters? Or even leather/poly holsters that you think I should consider. I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it holds tight to the body.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the 938.  I've had mine a while, and it's been 100% reliable.

Consider Zorn Holsters:

Zorn Holsters

Thin kydex, excellent construction.  They make IWB and OWB.  I have several of their IWB, they just plain work.
When I got my 938, I wanted their holster for it.  I called, and they did not make one.   The owner got a 938 to mold a holster for me the same day, and shipped I believe the whole process took a week, from order to door.
Quality construction for a very reasonable price.  i have 3 of them, all IWB for a G36, XDs and the 938.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally found my pocket carry gun, and it's a P938.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking about picking one of these up for my wife.  Can you describe the trigger pull?  My wife likes the trigger pull of a 1911 and I'm trying to find something that will closely match that
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about picking one of these up for my wife.  Can you describe the trigger pull?  My wife likes the trigger pull of a 1911 and I'm trying to find something that will closely match that
View Quote

While a 1911 trigger slides back, the 938 looks like a 1911 but it is hinged high on the trigger. Best bet is to get her to dry fire one at your LGS.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
My 938 Scorpion is my EDC BUG in a pocket holster with my 5" SIG Nightmare on my hip.  No need to carry spare mags for my Nightmare when I have my P938 in my pocket.  It has been 100% reliable and I keep it stoked with Hornidy Critical Defense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Any suggestions on spare mag holders? Something to put on my belt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any suggestions on spare mag holders? Something to put on my belt.
View Quote

I use one of these: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Single-Stack-Mag-Case-Matte-Finish,1365,82.htm
you can remove the clip and put it in your pocket if you want. I keep 7+1 in my 938 and throw a spare 7rnd mag in this mag holster. Want to say I paid $15 @LGS, can't complain for the price, I've been using it for a year now. Your holster mfg probably makes a matching magazine holster..
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could you share a pic of the p938 + Osprey?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're asking for the Osprey set up...here's a pic of my set up.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
If you need a holster, check out the IWB from DM Bullard. I have one and it is quite nice and very comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
What kind of can is it?

Quoted:

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/artimus009/imagejpg1_zpse2dc15b4.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/artimus009/imagejpg1_zpse2dc15b4.jpg

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#19]
TiRant 9S
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top