Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 3:04:56 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to buy a second can, an Octane 9 or 45 (whatever's in stock), primarily for a 300 blackout build I'm making, but I'd like some handguns to mess around with as well that come factory threaded. Both the 2022 and the 250 are economy Sigs which are offered with a threaded barrel but I'm not sure which one to snag. I'd like the 2022 but I've been waiting for one to come in stock, no such luck so far. Then I realized the 250 also came with a TB and are available all over, but since I've never owned a Sig I kinda wanted one with the infamous decocker, not a DAO (plus the stigma of the 250, even though I know it's perfectly fine now post redesign). In addition, the modularity of the 250 could make for several hosts all with the same pistol.

I guess I have about a year wait for the silencer, no need to rush on this, but once I get the idea that I'm gonna get a new toy I inevitably want it NOW! Anyone see any 2022's with the TB for a good price? Has anyone used either as a host that has some first hand experience on how they preform in that role? I'm all ears.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
While the P250 in 9x19 is a fine pistol, if you do not shoot/have shot revolvers and your pistol frame of reference is Glock, et al, you will disappointed by the trigger pull. It is 6.75lbs +/- 0.5 lbs with a long reset.

The first handgun I shot was a S&W Model 34, then progressed to the Model 10/14/15, so I'm nonplussed as the 2022 is a good pistol as well and has better sight options.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the 2022, have one and it is a nice pistol.

The P250 is cheap in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While the P250 in 9x19 is a fine pistol, if you do not shoot/have shot revolvers and your pistol frame of reference is Glock, et al, you will disappointed by the trigger pull. It is 6.75lbs +/- 0.5 lbs with a long reset.

The first handgun I shot was a S&W Model 34, then progressed to the Model 10/14/15, so I'm nonplussed as the 2022 is a good pistol as well and has better sight options.
View Quote

Revolvers are ALL I have when it comes to centerfire. An old M&P 38, M34  and a 642. I've bought Glocks and M&Ps but they've always seemed boring when compared to my wheelguns.

The only thing that really bothers me about the 250 is the fact that the 930(is it?) seems to be taking its place, probably to replace it in the near future. All that modularity goes out the window if Sig doesn't support it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Revolvers are ALL I have when it comes to centerfire. An old M&P 38, M34  and a 642. I've bought Glocks and M&Ps but they've always seemed boring when compared to my wheelguns.

The only thing that really bothers me about the 250 is the fact that the 930(is it?) seems to be taking its place, probably to replace it in the near future. All that modularity goes out the window if Sig doesn't support it anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new striker fired P320 uses the same grip frame and magazines as the P250. I will say that the P320's trigger, while not any lighter than the P250, is crisper and has a much shorter, and audible, reset. I don't run my pistols off of reset, but for those that do, this is something to think about.

The P320's improvements also include the fact that the slide takes standard Sig Sights. The P320 slide has forward serrations on the slide more a more streamlined slide appearance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  The internals seem to be better suited to a can opener.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont have the 2022 but Have shot both and the 2022 is the better gun hands down.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I owned 2 2022's and my son 1.  We have exposed them to very hard use and found them excellent pistols in every way.  I believe the 2022 to be a superb auto pistol.

Having said that, I sold my 2022's and my P220 and now own 5 P250's.  This is not the same gun as the P250 that failed the Dutch tests, etc. The current Gen 2 P250 pistol is a superb auto pistol.  Very accurate, extremely reliable and with modularity that offers many options.  My 5 P250's have been sterling performers. Those who condemn them are almost to a man those who have read bad reports of the Gen 1 guns which WERE junk, and or those who have simply read i-net garbage spewed about the pistols in-general.

We are not nice to our pistols and we have very high demands for them.  They are my companions in remote country and I cannot afford failure.  Yes, I feel very strongly about the P250.

It is true there are those who simply cannot shoot DA very well and disparage the P250 for that reason.  However, if you buy a SP2022 you better be an even BETTER DA shooter since your first shot in a defense situation will be DA.  And...in spite of the excellent DA pull on the SP2022...the P250 DA pull is superior.  Noticeably so.  Pull weights of the P250 DA run equal to the pull weights of SP2022 SINGLE ACTION break as measured with my trigger scale.

The Gen 2 P250 is a superb pistol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I've shot the 2022 and liked it but have heard a lot of really good things about the 250 if you give it a chance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
lol all the P250 hate is amusing.

The P250's trigger is something that a lot of people, including me, don't care for on some levels when they first try it. That is until they realize how awesome it is. It has no perceptible break. You can't feel it break. You just pull it and suddenly the gun fires. It is the best trigger for a carry pistol I have ever used. I own a few revolvers, including single actions, a very nice 1911, a Glock, an M&P and others. I carry the P250, because it is the best for that purpose of everything I own. It gives me the best "combat" accuracy out of all my handguns (rapid fire drills, transition drills, etc.).

And add me to the list of people for whom the gun has been perfectly reliable over many thousands of rounds.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The 250 is a fine pistol with a good DA trigger. Personally, I much prefer the 2022 with the traditional DA/SA. The 2022 has a very good trigger as well. Some say better than a p-series.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny how little differences in searches yield different results. Sig sp2022 threaded; nothing in stock. 2022 threaded; found a whole bunch of them!

I'll be honest, 500 isn't a lot for a pistol but that's more than what I consider an "economy" line handgun, threaded or no. For frame of reference, the Walther PPX with TB, although of lesser quality, can be had for under 400 and that's with three mags, a holster and mag pouches. It also comes with a more standard threading; .5 x 28 tpi instead of Sigs left hand whatever threads. A Walther PPQ Navy can be had for under 600, a few dollars more than the 2022. I was under the assumption that it was more a 400 dollar gun than a 500, at least that's what the typical pricing I've seen lately on those guys have been. I'll have to play with them some more, see if they're worth it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#13]
GatMo;

The "problem" lies with the fact that currently we are experiencing the Golden Age of auto pistols.  There are MANY pistols that are excellent! Alot of the

Name and prestige being what they are there will be those who fall prostrate before the HK line or some other, but the truth is, the SP2022 and P250 are the equal of them all.

Just a few years ago the SP2022 could be had for under $400.  But I think its popularity has caused an edging up in price over the last couple years.  As for the P250, pricing has remained low, I expect, due to the ignorance that exists in the market about the pistol and the unfounded prejudice against it that commonly exists.  For an interesting few minutes, google the P250 and look for two things;  Problems with the gun and gripes against it.  You will find lots of gripes and rock throwing, but follow the threads and you will see the problems actually have to do with the Gen 1 guns.  Finding actual breakdowns with Gen 2 P250's is difficult, remarkably so especially for a pistol that seems to be most popular with tyros and noobies due to the cheap prices and the fact that many steer clear of it due to its {false} bad reputation. For myself, I steered clear of it for the same bigotted reasons until I bought one on a lark to let my wife try out since she liked DAO revolver triggers.  I figured I would try it and then get rid of it, you know, because it is supposedly such a piece of junk.

Wrong.

I was totally impressed.  Ergos are the best of any pistol I've shot and the reliability is tops.  After a while I got to really evaluating my pistol stable.  Thru training and with field experience I'd always wanted to settle on one operating system, and I did not want a manual safety.  In addition, tho I'd been a SA/DA aficionado for years, the truth is, in order to be truly proficient with that system you MUST already be skilled with DA, in fact, even more so than if you have a P250 DAO since the DA on a P200 series or SP2022 is heavier and "worse" than on the P250.  I mulled it over for a long time and then made the decision to sell off my P and SP SIG's and "adopt" the P250.

No regrets.

I now have 2 Subcompacts, one Fullsize w/ weapon light and another without light in 9mm, and one .45, the latter primarily for testing purposes as I left the .45 ACP for serious purposes years ago.

SIG rifling is very friendly toward lead bullet shooting {which I shoot allot of} and very easy to clean.  The pistols themselves are easy to maintain and can be stripped for overhaul cleaning very easily.  Frame options are available, they have all-steel magazines, are very accurate and are in general simply superb auto pistols.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
GatMo;

The "problem" lies with the fact that currently we are experiencing the Golden Age of auto pistols.  There are MANY pistols that are excellent! Alot of the

Name and prestige being what they are there will be those who fall prostrate before the HK line or some other, but the truth is, the SP2022 and P250 are the equal of them all.

Just a few years ago the SP2022 could be had for under $400.  But I think its popularity has caused an edging up in price over the last couple years.  
View Quote

CDNN has brand new Tutone for $399.99 with a holster.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GatMo;

The "problem" lies with the fact that currently we are experiencing the Golden Age of auto pistols.  There are MANY pistols that are excellent!

Just a few years ago the SP2022 could be had for under $400.  But I think its popularity has caused an edging up in price over the last couple years.  

That is a great price for a great pistol.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#16]
IMHO, the 2022 is on par with the 226. I had one and will get another one soon.

I've dry fired a 250 and can say that the trigger is almost the same as a 1950's S&W N frame DA pull. It is one nice DA pull. Today's Glock & Twitter generation that has no idea of Elmer Kieth, Bill Jordan, or Skeeter Skelton will be totally confuzzled by its trigger and how to shoot it. Summit Gun Broker has NIB 250's for $369. That is cheap enough just to get to stuff in the BOB.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I've heard people calling the 2022 the "poor man's 226" and for all intents and purposes it appears to be just that; a 226 with a polymer frame. How much are 226's running these days with a TB? 700, 800 dollars? I guess I can't complain at the price point if I'm essentially getting the same thing.

Thinking about it now I don't know why I'm rushing this; I still have yet to put money down on the can, I've got more than a year to pick up whatever toys I want to play with. I really like the size of the 228/m11. A trifle bit more than the 2022 but why not. Maybe my lukewarm feeling towards semis stems from the fact that I've only played with the cheaper varieties, Glocks, M&P's and the like.

If Sig runs another deal with freebies like they just had I'll jump on it, but otherwise I think I'll save my pennies for the moment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've heard people calling the 2022 the "poor man's 226" and for all intents and purposes it appears to be just that; a 226 with a polymer frame. How much are 226's running these days with a TB? 700, 800 dollars? I guess I can't complain at the price point if I'm essentially getting the same thing.

Thinking about it now I don't know why I'm rushing this; I still have yet to put money down on the can, I've got more than a year to pick up whatever toys I want to play with. I really like the size of the 228/m11. A trifle bit more than the 2022 but why not. Maybe my lukewarm feeling towards semis stems from the fact that I've only played with the cheaper varieties, Glocks, M&P's and the like.

If Sig runs another deal with freebies like they just had I'll jump on it, but otherwise I think I'll save my pennies for the moment.
View Quote

Actually, I'd rank the 2022 as superior to the 226 for a number of reasons.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]
2022.... Bought one for the wive a few years back...

Now I carry it sometimes!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]Quoted:

Go on...
View Quote

Easy.

Superior SA/DA trigger pull.  Rust and corrosion free materials {stainless and polymer}, steel-on-steel slide/frame interface, far less expensive, modular construction, grip size options.

I no longer see the SA trigger pull as an advantage in a service or carry pistol but if I had the option of a 226 or a 2022, I'd take the 2022.  Actually, that is exactly what I did...until I went to p250's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Easy.

Superior SA/DA trigger pull.  Rust and corrosion free materials {stainless and polymer}, steel-on-steel slide/frame interface, far less expensive, modular construction, grip size options.

I no longer see the SA trigger pull as an advantage in a service or carry pistol but if I had the option of a 226 or a 2022, I'd take the 2022.  Actually, that is exactly what I did...until I went to p250's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:

Go on...

Easy.

Hah, the ARFCOM way...........................get both.

I won that auction so a brand new SP2022 is on the way to my dealer.

I will add it to my 3 P226s, 2 P227s, 1 P6 (which is ordered a threaded barrel for yesterday), 2 P228s, and 1 P220.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#23]
"the arfcom way..."

LOL!

I shoulda known!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 2022 and a 320.  I had a 250 when they first came out and didn't like it.  I'm not a revolver guy.  If you like the 250 trigger then it will be fine.  I like the 2022 a lot and it shoots as well as both my 226s.  I like the 320, I got a subcompact 250 frame for it and it will be my winter carry gun.  If you are a revolver guy, then you can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a 2022 and a 320.  I had a 250 when they first came out and didn't like it.  I'm not a revolver guy.  If you like the 250 trigger then it will be fine.  I like the 2022 a lot and it shoots as well as both my 226s.  I like the 320, I got a subcompact 250 frame for it and it will be my winter carry gun.  If you are a revolver guy, then you can't go wrong with either one.
View Quote

There is some reasoning here that is partly flawed.

MANY DA/SA fans repeat it, but that doesn't mean it isn't flawed.

Here's the point.  If you carry a P250, you must be proficient with DA.  You MUST because you have no other option.  Case closed.

With DA/SA, on the other hand, YOU MUST ALSO BE PROFICIENT WITH DOUBLE ACTION, EQUALLY SO TO THE P250 MAN!  What is more, you must be proficient with DA pulls that are inferior to the DA pull on the P250. And, what is even more...you must then be able to transition to SA AND WITHOUT FAIL return your pistol to safe/hammer-down condition no matter the stress.

I really didn't get this for years, training with DA/SA and mostly shooting SA because, let's face it, by far most shooting is done SA.  However, if you train under realistic scenarios, you find it is the FIRST shot that is extremely important and indeed, may be the MOST important and...

THAT SHOT SHOULD ALWAYS BE FIRED DA.  You must train to a high level of proficiency with that DA shot.

Sure, you can tell yourself you will simply thumbcock the thing and have at it SA and such a option MIGHT be there in a military engagement, but we are talking civilian carry and MANY are the fights that do not allow such a thing.  Indeed, you better have superior DA skills with the 226 or 2022 than w/ the 250 for the simple reason you have to muscle an inferior trigger pull and yes, it IS inferior, especially with the 226/228/220/229 pistols.  The 2022 has a better DA pull but it is still not up to the same standard as the 250.

All this was driven home to me by Alessandro Padovani in training and pretty much as soon as he said it, the lights went on.  It was like "Duh", I should have known all along.  I was well skilled with the 2022 when this occurred so I took a long look at the 250 and simply jumped in.  No regrets since.  Like the Glock, there is no manual safety to bung up operation of the pistol or return to safe and the trigger is similar enough to the 2022 DA except better that for me the transition was natural.

If you think you prefer the DA/SA system, think again.  

And this is coming from a fan of the 2022.  It is a GREAT pistol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#26]
EVR,
What is your reasoning for going to the 250 over a striker fired gun?

I carry the 250 in the colder months, but an M&P Shield in summer. I can't stand striker triggers and ditch the Shield as soon as I can. But other people seem not to notice how horrible that scratched glass ratchety break is on all of the goddam things, especially Glocks, and do okay with them.

Do you also loathe striker triggers?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
EVR,

I carry the 250 in the colder months, but an M&P Shield in summer. I can't stand striker triggers and ditch the Shield as soon as I can. But other people seem not to notice how horrible that scratched glass ratchety break is on all of the goddam things, especially Glocks, and do okay with them.

View Quote

Mmm...

I like the P250 for a ton of reasons.

Ergos are superb.  Reliability is superb.  Accuracy is superb.  

Glocks are excellent pistols.  They set a new standard for reliability and longevity back in the '80's and with essentially the same design have been earning a great reputation since.  I owned three and now own none.

I like the P250 better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
EVR,

View Quote

I loathe striker fired guns.  Won't have one no matter who makes it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go on...

Easy.

Superior SA/DA trigger pull. Rust and corrosion free materials {stainless and polymer}, steel-on-steel slide/frame interface, far less expensive, modular construction, grip size options.

I no longer see the SA trigger pull as an advantage in a service or carry pistol but if I had the option of a 226 or a 2022, I'd take the 2022. Actually, that is exactly what I did...until I went to p250's.

Hah, the ARFCOM way...........................get both.

I won that auction so a brand new SP2022 is on the way to my dealer.

I will add it to my 3 P226s, 2 P227s, 1 P6 (which is ordered a threaded barrel for yesterday), 2 P228s, and 1 P220.

I had a 2340 years ago (right after they came out) i let go to a trooper buddy. Just won an auction on a blue line 2340 for a song. Great gun! A sig you can treat like a glock!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#31]
The SP2022 is highly underrated, I don't own one personally but a good friend of mine does.  I find them very comparable to my P226R on a much lower price point.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hate the P250, its cheaply made IMO and has a shitty DAO tigger
The SP2022 is highly underrated, I don't own one personally but a good friend of mine does.  I find them very comparable to my P226R on a much lower price point.
View Quote

I respectfully disagree. I've owned several P250's plus a couple of SP2022's. Every P250 I've handled has had the best DA trigger this side of a tuned revolver and have been 100%. Cheaply made? How? Please be specific.
I agree, the SP2022 is highly underrated.
Tomac

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no opinion on am individual's personal preferences but 1} the gun exhibits very high quality manufacture and 2} has a DAO trigger that is praised universally for being the best DAO in auto pistols and and equal to highly tuned revolvers..

My experience with all 5 of my Gen 2 P250's has been excellent.  The Gen 2 P250 is a superb auto pistol.  I didn't arrive here without a tremndous amount of experience with auto pistols, either.   My progression in preferred defense pistols went like this; Revolvers-1911-BHP-SIG P226-Glock-SIG P220/SP2022-P250. With many other makes and models being kicked out in the running along the way.

Aficionados of the SP2022 must remember, the pull weight of the SINGLE action SP2022 is excellent but...EQUAL in weight to the DAO of the P250.  SP2022 DAO pulls are about 2 lbs heavier.  

Those who prefer the SIG DA/SA system must remember that they must master BOTH the DA and the SA pulls.  I have found that VERY few shooters of the DA/SA guns actually DO master the DA pull, preferring to just "get thru it" to the SA pull.  This of course is unsound reasoning when the first shot from the pistol is often the most important and the ability to thumb cock the weapon may simply not exist.  This combined with the fact that the typical DA weight on a P226 and P220 is much heavier than even the SP2022 adds that much more challenge to the skill building.  

The SP2022 is a really superb pistol, the 3 we owned having far better DA pulls than the 2 P226's and one 220 I've owned and the many others I have handled and having a better SA pull than any of those 200-series pistols as well.

The Gen 2 P250?  

A superb DA trigger pull that requires the mastering of one trigger pull and a return to safe system common to the Glock whereby no additional effort is necessary to render the pistol safe after firing.  Applied safeties and decockers are fine, but both in training and in the field I have found and seen the guns left unsafe or under stress seen guns attempted to be shot with the applied safety on.  Yes, yes, "more training" is the mantra but the FACT is that most do not train to high competitive standards and are better off with a simpler system, hence the advantages of the Glock that were found early on.

Again, Glocks are fine pistols but I prefer the Gen 2 P250 over all of them.  The P250 is an excellent pistol in every way.  For those who simply cannot shoot the DAO, the P320 promises to be an excellent pistol as well, with identical and superb ergonomics to the P250 yet with the striker fire mechanism many prefer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree. I've owned several P250's plus a couple of SP2022's. Every P250 I've handled has had the best DA trigger this side of a tuned revolver and have been 100%. Cheaply made? How? Please be specific.
Tomac

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

My neighbor had one when they were first released, It was in the subcompact frame.  In my opinion the trigger was long and heavy and I just did not care for it.  They may be better now, I understand the newer P250's have a different trigger mechanism.

The internals were mostly stamped and equally unimpressive, I really just didn't care for the pistol.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with my P226 and 1911's

ETA: A quick google search showed that the new P250's (gen2) have received quite a bit of praise.  Since I have not handled one I will remove my comment above.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My neighbor had one when they were first released, It was in the subcompact frame.  In my opinion the trigger was long and heavy and I just did not care for it.  They may be better now, I understand the newer P250's have a different trigger mechanism.

The internals were mostly stamped and equally unimpressive, I really just didn't care for the pistol.

ETA: A quick google search showed that the new P250's (gen2) have received quite a bit of praise.  Since I have not handled one I will remove my comment above.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Yes, the 1st Generation P250's were dubious at best and junk at worst.

Remember, the P226's you praise are excellent pistols but their internals are largely all stamped.  They also possess a steel-on-aluminum slide/frame interface, not the steel-on-steel interface of the P250 {and SP2022} tho that is more of an esoteric point than practical.  Having said that, the older 200-series pistols demand a bit more attention to lubrication than the newer models.

The Gen 2 P250's should have been given a different model designation as many confuse them with the older Gen 1 pistols.  Good for us who have gotten to know the gun, as it has kept prices down and though every bit as good as a HK for example, they are a third of the price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes, the 1st Generation P250's were dubious at best and junk at worst.

Remember, the P226's you praise are excellent pistols but their internals are largely all stamped.  They also possess a steel-on-aluminum slide/frame interface, not the steel-on-steel interface of the P250 {and SP2022} tho that is more of an esoteric point than practical.  Having said that, the older 200-series pistols demand a bit more attention to lubrication than the newer models.

The Gen 2 P250's should have been given a different model designation as many confuse them with the older Gen 1 pistols.  Good for us who have gotten to know the gun, as it has kept prices down and though every bit as good as a HK for example, they are a third of the price.
View Quote

After doing more research on the Gen2 guns it actually has me intrigued, Im going to check them out next time I stop by my LGS

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#37]
How can you tell gen 2 vs 1 for a 250?

Just build yr code or??

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

ED- Doh! Thanks Tomac...
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How can you tell gen 2 vs 1 for a 250?
Just build yr code or??
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Look at the thread directly below this one.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Regarding the P250's trigger...

EVR already said something to this effect, I'll say it again in different words.

The best possible trigger is a SAO trigger like that on a 1911. I can shoot well enough with my SIG 1911 that I've contemplated applying for Top Shot.

However, to make that weapon safe to carry without blowing your foot off, it needs a manual safety (or two). That, to me, is a negative in a carry gun, but I can deal.

Something like the P226 has two trigger pulls. A pretty sweet SA pull, not as good as a 1911 but almost. It also has a pretty shitty DA pull. Since a lot of these guns have no safety (just a decocker), I'm not sure that you'd want to carry it cocked. That means that your first shot, arguably your most important shot, is always going to happen with that lousy DA pull unless you have time to cock it. So as EVR said, you have to learn two trigger pulls. That's a huge negative, and few people bother.

A striker pistol is an alternative, but I've yet to shoot one that didn't have a nasty break, scratchy, like there's broken glass in there somewhere. Some striker fired pistols (e.g. Glocks) are actually almost DAO, since pulling the trigger cocks the striker. I can't hit anything with my Glock 17. I hate it.

The P250 represents the pinnacle of the other alternative, DAO. The P250's trigger pull is not as good as the SA pull on the P226, but it is vastly superior to a the 226's DA pull, and you only have to learn one trigger pull.

So why am I all but repeating EVR's post?

Because most people who complain about the DAO trigger of a P250 completely ignore the DA pull of their SA/DA guns. If you say "my P226 (or whatever SA/DA gun) has a much better trigger pull," you're forgetting about that much more important first pull. Because if you don't forget about it and factor it in, the P250 has a better trigger pull than your 226.

Forgetting about that first pull is dangerous, unless it's just a range gun, in which case it doesn't matter, and then you're right, its pull is better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Regarding the P250's trigger...

EVR already said something to this effect, I'll say it again in different words.

The best possible trigger is a SAO trigger like that on a 1911. I can shoot well enough with my SIG 1911 that I've contemplated applying for Top Shot.

However, to make that weapon safe to carry without blowing your foot off, it needs a manual safety (or two). That, to me, is a negative in a carry gun, but I can deal.

Something like the P226 has two trigger pulls. A pretty sweet SA pull, not as good as a 1911 but almost. It also has a pretty shitty DA pull. Since a lot of these guns have no safety (just a decocker), I'm not sure that you'd want to carry it cocked. That means that your first shot, arguably your most important shot, is always going to happen with that lousy DA pull unless you have time to cock it. So as EVR said, you have to learn two trigger pulls. That's a huge negative, and few people bother.

A striker pistol is an alternative, but I've yet to shoot one that didn't have a nasty break, scratchy, like there's broken glass in there somewhere. Some striker fired pistols (e.g. Glocks) are actually almost DAO, since pulling the trigger cocks the striker. I can't hit anything with my Glock 17. I hate it.

The P250 represents the pinnacle of the other alternative, DAO. The P250's trigger pull is not as good as the SA pull on the P226, but it is vastly superior to a the 226's DA pull, and you only have to learn one trigger pull.

So why am I all but repeating EVR's post?

Because most people who complain about the DAO trigger of a P250 completely ignore the DA pull of their SA/DA guns. If you say "my P226 (or whatever SA/DA gun) has a much better trigger pull," you're forgetting about that much more important first pull. Because if you don't forget about it and factor it in, the P250 has a better trigger pull than your 226.

Forgetting about that first pull is dangerous, unless it's just a range gun, in which case it doesn't matter, and then you're right, its pull is better.
View Quote

It is worth the repeating, and from what I can tell, it needs to be repeated over and over and over since most devotees of DA/SA {I was one of them, once upon a time...} totally discount and ignore the realities we have presented here.  And the superiority of defense pistols with no external applied safety has pretty much been etched in stone for 20 or more years, to boot.

I'll add one thing more as far as the P250 trigger is concerned.  There really isn't anywhere that demands a more excellent "one-shot group" than in the field on small game and varmints where one has that first-shot demand and usually it is an only-shot demand.  Many go to 1911's for the really obvious and good reason as a field pistol; the trigger break lends itself to very accurate shooting.

Well, it just so happens that much of my pistol shooting is in the field where I carry my pistols as simple woods wandering companions or as survival tools {signalling as well as shooting} for long winters when I spend my life on nordic skis in remote country, alone.   Mostly in the past I have relied on the excellent trigger breaks on SA pistols.  But the DIS-advantgaes of SA-only for such uses really outweighed the trigger superiority.  I tried the Glocks but they didn't quite cut it.

Anyway, I find very, very good work can be done with the Gen 2 P250's First Shot.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#41]
You fellows have definitely made me feel pretty good about purchasing a .40 SP2022!

I like it a lot, but it is heartening to hear so many of y'all singing it's praises.

Thanks, AR15.com.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Got the my threaded barrel for the SP2022 in 9mm:

Runs like a champ with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I think revolver shooters  are just better shooters and complain less about the trigger / reset.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got the my threaded barrel for the SP2022 in 9mm:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/003_zps84131fb2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/003_zps84131fb2.jpg</a>

Runs like a champ with the suppressor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#45]
2022 hands down, unquestionably.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll jump on the band wagon. I've owned both, but only kept the 2022.  In my opinion, it's a highly underrated pistol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I own and love my SP2022 w/sig light night sights. Awesome pistol the trigger is what pushed to 2022 over the 250. I wasn't a fan of the 250s DA only trigger. Reliability is typical Sig no issues and I train with it like I get paid to break it. I would recommend it. It's also the exact dimensions of 229.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I bought a SP2022 a couple of weeks ago and finally got a chance to try it out yesterday.  Shot a box of winchester and reloaded ammo with it with no problem at all. So far I'm impress with it, even the double action wasn't to bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Hot damn, thread's still chuggin along!

I have to say that when it came to the 2022 I always envisioned a lower quality budget version of Sig's main line of pistol offerings; something meant for the civilian market so that Joe Blow out there can say he owns a Sig without forking over the cash for a "real" one. Kinda like the relationship between the Walther PPQ and PPX. I was doing a little reading online, ended up on the Sig Pro's wiki page and saw this:

"French law enforcement and internal security agencies (including the National Gendarmerie, National Police and French Customs), over 250,000 of SP 2022 (the largest single order for service handguns since World War II)" !!!

Hot Damn(x2)! Adopted in 2002 for a projected service life of 20 years, hence 2022.

While this is in no doubt a lower cost Sig pistol, the French contract (and to a lesser extent the US contract of 5000 pistols) instilled a large amount of respect in me for the gun that wasn't there prior. They clearly ran it through its paces, and if State agencies are willing to drop that much cash on it then it must at least be a solid performer.

I'm gonna wait until the start of the new year just in case Sig decides to run another pistol promo, but I think I found my pistol host.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top