Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2014 5:44:31 PM EDT
Do you carry a p226 tacops for your EDC?

If so let me know how it works for you etc.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine, I want to swap the .40 version for a 9mm so I can shoot suppressed otherwise I love the .40.  I would get a conversion kit but darn it if I dont want to get a bunch of caliber specific mags.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Got one but it's a wee bit too big for carry, IMO. Certainly it could be done, but there's better options, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Love love love mine. But no on edc. It's a great bed side gun or owb pistol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I like it but its a little large for ccw. But makes an excellent sidearm.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My 226 tacops is def not my CCW peice,  It is a beast, but it makes a perfect range gun and bedside gun.  As soon as I build out a warbelt it is going to go on that for sure.  I CCW a glock 19 or SW shield 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 226 tacops is def not my CCW peice,  It is a beast, but it makes a perfect range gun and bedside gun.  As soon as I build out a warbelt it is going to go on that for sure.  I CCW a glock 19 or SW shield 9mm.
View Quote

This exactly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I just held one for the first time this morning and what a gun...I have to have one.  Is the frame the same as a normal 226, ex the beaver tail?  Can I take the Tac Ops grip off and replace with a standard 226 grip?  I know why would I want to do that?  Just asking that is all.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just held one for the first time this morning and what a gun...I have to have one.  Is the frame the same as a normal 226, ex the beaver tail?  Can I take the Tac Ops grip off and replace with a standard 226 grip?  I know why would I want to do that?  Just asking that is all.

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

You can undo the angry face!!!  I have two 226 pistols, over 15 226 mags, many sets of grips...with all of these toys, I can play Sig Mr. Potato Head...

Just want to make sure that I have a pistol that is not dependent on me finding Sig 20 round mags that I am sure are like blue eyed hens teeth and cost like platinum coins. In case things get stupid down the road....slap on some Sig or Nills and some original factory mags...just looking down the murky road.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top