Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 7:03:40 PM EDT
Looks like it may never have been fired.  2011 production.  Milled SS slide with external extractor and curiously has beavertail.  no SRT.  Nightsights.  Standard non E2 grips.  Only negative I can find is that one mag is a zipperback but the other is a checkmate.  Its on consignment, friend of the owner who claims the owner never had any other sig magazine so those must be the two that came with it.

I know its at least a fair price, but is it must buy at that price?  $700 plus tax.  

Triple serial numbered, all German all the time.   I figure they are just going to get worse build quality so might as well buy it although I already have a P226 S4.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Must buy? Not for me. Rockwell Arms was selling MK25's for $770 yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Too High IMO as well
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
huh, weren't these $1000 when offered a couple years ago...  I couldn't find any comparison pieces on gunbroker but I remember them being stupidly priced.  Lack of MIM parts put them above the Mk25 in my mind, especially as the Mk25 doesn't have SRT or anything special.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Quoted:[/.    I figure they are just going to get worse build quality so might as well buy it although I already have a P226 S4.
View Quote

I think the Newington, NH  plant Sigs are just as good as any German Sig. I know for a fact the finish on a new sig is better than the old Sigs.
Its a common misconception that the German Sigs are superior.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think the Newington, NH  plant Sigs are just as good as any German Sig. I know for a fact the finish on a new sig is better than the old Sigs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[/.    I figure they are just going to get worse build quality so might as well buy it although I already have a P226 S4.

Finish is the same, this is a recent production German gun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
E26R-9-CRTSS I bought last week for $600 was a " must buy". They're $800+ on GB.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Want a great price on a great pre-owned SIg?

http://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html?caliber=14&cat=20

The one for $549 is supposed to be a little nicer but I have gotten 2 of the $519 models in the last couple of months and they don't get much nicer than that.

They aren't CPO, but they might as well be.  Excellent shape.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
huh, weren't these $1000 when offered a couple years ago...  I couldn't find any comparison pieces on gunbroker but I remember them being stupidly priced.  Lack of MIM parts put them above the Mk25 in my mind, especially as the Mk25 doesn't have SRT or anything special.
View Quote

MK25s have MIM parts?

MIM parts are not necessarily a bad thing but had not heard that the MK25 used them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MK25s have MIM parts?

MIM parts are not necessarily a bad thing but had not heard that the MK25 used them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MK25s have MIM parts?

So does Knights Armament goodies.  Mim  is not a dirty word anymore.  

There is a noticeable difference between the Classic P Series Sig Sauer and those made today.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is a noticeable difference between the Classic P Series Sig Sauer and those made today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MK25s have MIM parts?

Okay, I have some W German P2x guns, some German P2x guns, some with the frame made in Germany and assembled here, and a couple of brand new, completely made here P227s.

Except for their varying ages, I see no real difference, so what is this noticeable difference?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
$500 plus for a used P226 is a good price, but I had store credit so it was $700 without tax...  and the gun is possibly unfired after leaving the factory and I think a beavertail rail frame with SS slide that is all German is pretty unique.

MIM is fine if well done, but the issue with MIM is that its very easy to let junk go out the factory door...

out of the 4 new Sig guns I have purchased, a P229, Sig556, 938 and a Mosquito, two out of the four went back to the factory and the 556 was still a crappile no matter what so please don't tell me American Sigs are as good as the German ones.   The other went that went back was a P229.   Quite funny the two cheapest out of the four had no issues.

I have purchased a fair number of used all German Sigs or at least German frame guns have had no issues and they were all purchased used.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Okay, I have some W German P2x guns, some German P2x guns, some with the frame made in Germany and assembled here, and a couple of brand new, completely made here P227s.

Except for their varying ages, I see no real difference, so what is this noticeable difference?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MK25s have MIM parts?

Same here, I've got a few myself. I love my Sigs. All of them.
Do you even pull the trigger?
It's that noticeable, and is my biggest complaint.  
The double action of an older P series in noticeably better, smoother, crisp. Newer ones are much stiffer. Older Sigs are like pulling the the trigger of a double action revolver

The quality of the parts (plastic guide rod?), fit and finish is noticeably different. Take them apart look at the construction of some of the parts..  

They definitely don't make them like they used too. As with everything steps have been taken to keep the cost down, and the product has suffered.

Will I continue to buy Sig Sauer pistols? You better believe it!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The double action of an older P series in noticeably better, smoother, crisp. Newer ones are much stiffer. Older Sigs are like pulling the the trigger of a double action revolver

The quality of the parts (plastic guide rod?), fit and finish is noticeably different. Take them apart look at the construction of some of the parts..  

They definitely don't make them like they used too. As with everything steps have been taken to keep the cost down, and the product has suffered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MK25s have MIM parts?

The triggers on my P227s are very sweet.

I just took one of them and the guide rod isn't plastic.

Fit and finish on both my P227s is excellent.

Of what model do you speak?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#14]
IMO SIG's quality control went in the crapper for several years but seems to have gotten better in the past few years. It's an opinion shared by Bruce Gray, whom I trust implicitly in SIG related matters. Maybe Cohen got his head out of his ass. No more plastic guide rods. Now if they could just go back to Mec-Gar mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top