Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 10:16:14 AM EDT
Looking around I don't see much about this gun here. I like the idea of buying one full gun while having the ability to buy conversion kits to make it into another format by swapping internals.

Can get the sub compact for $350ish online and a full size conversion for another $300. Sounds pretty neat for me. This would be my first Sig.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
from what I've read, if you can get used to the double action pull they are great guns. Only other complaint people have it the sights are non standard. The P320 is a striker fired version of the P250 and has a better trigger and standard sights, but it cost a lot more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
from what I've read, if you can get used to the double action pull they are great guns. Only other complaint people have it the sights are non standard. The P320 is a striker fired version of the P250 and has a better trigger and standard sights, but it cost a lot more.
View Quote

Er, I take it you've never actually priced a 320 then....they cost the same, pretty much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Er, I take it you've never actually priced a 320 then....they cost the same, pretty much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP said he could get a P250 compact for around $350. I haven't seen a P320 cheaper than $550 without shipping which I consider quite a bit more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Was very happy with my P250's but sold them to buy a P226 tacops.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
People hate them because of the trigger, and because SIG had production problems early on. The production problems are long since solved, but the trigger is the same. Some people love it, some people hate it. I love it...I despise striker triggers. The P250 trigger is long but light and there is no perceptible break. It just goes bang as you pull.

You won't find much about them here because they have no snob potential and so people can't be like, "Look at me I'm so cool I have this expensive SIG, I'm like so awesome now." So if you want to be cool and be the envy of the forum, don't get a P250. But if you want a gun for shooting at things, and you like the trigger, it really doesn't get any better than the P250.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not a SIG fan boy, I shoot all makes/models. I really like my P250, it is very accurate and reliable. The most interesting thing I have noticed about the P250, I have found novice shooters to be accurate with the pistol with the simple instruction of: long smooth trigger pull, front to back in one continuous motion, concentrate on the front sight, damn fine novice shooting with groups in the center of the target.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I really don't mind the trigger. It's long and a little on the heavy side, but I've felt far worse triggers. At least it's not gritty and unpredictable.

The rest of the gun is pretty solid. The fact that you can swap sizes and calibers is nice, though the conversion kits can be a bit expensive. Overall, I think there are better choices, but they also cost twice as much or more. For the price, it's a great gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OP said he could get a P250 compact for around $350. I haven't seen a P320 cheaper than $550 without shipping which I consider quite a bit more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I missed that

Everywhere I've seen full size or compacts for sale (of both the 250 and 320), they've both been around the same price...I picked up mine locally for $550 (P320), and I see them on GB and other places for cheaper. But, I also see the 250 for broadly similar prices (within $50 in either direction)...$350 seems like a good deal for a 250 though, if you want a long DAO trigger, IMO
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I chuckle when I say "if you like the trigger" or when I hear someone else say it. That's because I hate the trigger. There, I said it. I hate the P250's trigger. It's ridiculous and it makes no sense. And yet...it works. It works soooo well. It's become a love hate thing.

Just for shits and giggles I went outside 10 minutes ago and put up a piece of duct tape and shot it three times at 10 yards. Casual like, nothing special.

Yep, the trigger works.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#10]
What's funny is to hear commandos complain about the P250's DA trigger pull, then turn around and praise a revolver. I've never seen a reliable 6lb DA pull on a revolver, custom or not.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#11]
They tend to make very good concealed carry guns, but not so good range guns.  I have one in the sub-compact model in 357 Sig, as many have stated the trigger pull is long but smooth, When you do quick fire drills you never even notice it, but when you stand at the fireing line and try to do bull's-eye shooting then you tend to notice it more.   That said the P250 is accurate and very reliable, two qualities that make it a very good carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#12]
The folks who complain about the trigger pull have never learned good trigger control. As a former LEO, from way back, we went through the academy shooting Smith .38's, the word Glock was unknown then, I have found the P250 to be as accurate as any factory out of the box pistol. The picture of the three shot group above matches my experience.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Love it. A Sig with a DAO trigger at a best buy price.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Love it. A Sig with a DAO trigger at a best buy price.
View Quote

I had one when they first came out and had some problems with it. I sent it back to SIG a few times and it kept having the problem. I liked the gun and liked the trigger pull and it was very accurate and like other have said I like the fact that you could get different rip set up's for it. I have shot some newer ones that have been out since I bought mine and they are still really good guns and I would buy another if I could with no hesitation since I am know any problems they did have when they first cam out have been fixed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the input. I agree this seems to be a sleeper that doesn't get the attention because of the price or fan base of other models. Sounds like a decent buy and will be something different for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Even if you have average size hands try a small grip module. Made a world of difference with my compact.

SIG sells spare grip modules for $46.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I started with wheelguns and of course the 1911 and the BHP, but I've been a SIG fan for years but went off the rails for a few years and went Glock, then ditched them.  Back to SIGs I fell in love with the SP2022  but wanted a subcompact carry pistol and got to thinking hard about mixing controls and truthfully, after training began to see the light about a single trigger system as well.

Long story short I wound up selling my P226's, SP2022 and P220's and went whole hog w/ the P250's.

I now have 5.

2 SC's, 1 .45 FS, 2 9mm FS's.  One for weaponlight, one not.

I am sold on them.  Dead reliable and the trigger is ecellent for a service pistol.  By that I mean I can hit somewhat better w/ a 1911 but the hard use advantages of a DAO beat the SA all to heck, and NO the pricing is NOT the same as a 320.  P250's are the sleeper on the market and personally I am glad few have figured out how great they are.  I got all mine for $369-$389.

The Gen 2 P250's are SUPERB pistols and I'd stack them up to any on the market;  HK, SIG {other models}, Glock, S&W, Colt, FN, Ruger, you name it.  Fantastic pistols.

ETA:  I have one belly gun that fits in the family, the Ruger LC9.  Trigger is close enough to the P250 that it is an easy, natural transition.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What's funny is to hear commandos complain about the P250's DA trigger pull, then turn around and praise a revolver. I've never seen a reliable 6lb DA pull on a revolver, custom or not.
View Quote
It's not just the long trigger pull, it's also the super long reset. In our testing, they had a tendency to bind if you didn't get to full reset and it was difficult to feel that reset.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's not just the long trigger pull, it's also the super long reset. In our testing, they had a tendency to bind if you didn't get to full reset and it was difficult to feel that reset.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An advantage of the P250 trigger is that it provides superior protection against bumpfiring which can and does occur with a variety of auto pistols in deep cold especially when fired with numb hands, something that matters to me as I have had it occur and use my pistols while wearing gloves by necessity a lot. While the reset is "long", I question the big deal that is made of that in that I have never had a problem with it at all on any SIG. SIG's in general have been criticized for long reset for many years but the big problem this is supposed to be as said by some seems like no big deal to me and the many who don't notice.

I have never experienced anything remotely like "binding" tho I guess I really do not know what you mean by that term.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
An advantage of the P250 trigger is that it provides superior protection against bumpfiring which can and does occur with a variety of auto pistols in deep cold especially when fired with numb hands, something that matters to me as I have had it occur and use my pistols while wearing gloves by necessity a lot. While the reset is "long", I question the big deal that is made of that in that I have never had a problem with it at all on any SIG. SIG's in general have been criticized for long reset for many years but the big problem this is supposed to be as said by some seems like no big deal to me and the many who don't notice.

I have never experienced anything remotely like "binding" tho I guess I really do not know what you mean by that term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By binding I mean a shooter would try to re-pull the trigger before hitting full reset and the bar would bind locking up the trigger mechanism.  This is a royal PITA when doing six round rhythm drills. I might consider one for a range toy, but I'd never use one for daily carry.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
By binding I mean a shooter would try to re-pull the trigger before hitting full reset and the bar would bind locking up the trigger mechanism.  This is a royal PITA when doing six round rhythm drills. I might consider one for a range toy, but I'd never use one for daily carry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.  I've carefully released and pulled the trigger before reset and never have experienced this "binding".
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Interesting.  I've carefully released and pulled the trigger before reset and never have experienced this "binding".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully, the issues have been fixed. We tested them around the time the ATF did.  We had a number of other issues and some magazines falling apart while firing as well. I really liked the concept and frame interchangeability, but Sig failed horribly with the guns we tried. Since the cost is significantly reduced, I may try one again in the future.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Hopefully, the issues have been fixed. We tested them around the time the ATF did.  We had a number of other issues and some magazines falling apart while firing as well. I really liked the concept and frame interchangeability, but Sig failed horribly with the guns we tried. Since the cost is significantly reduced, I may try one again in the future.

View Quote

Are you referring to Gen 1 guns or Gen 2 guns?

I have never heard of any of the problems you describe occuring with Gen 2 guns.  As for Gen 2 magazines, they are exactly the same as the current P320 mags and are robust and very reliable in all calibers.

The worst mistake SIG made with the P250 was in NOT renaming it after they released the Gen 2 guns. They should have given the Gen 2 pistols a totally new model designation. They are not the same gun, have different frames and magazines and while the Gen 1 guns were more or less junk, the Gen 2 guns are superb pistols.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have never heard of any of the problems you describe occuring with Gen 2 guns.  As for Gen 2 magazines, they are exactly the same as the current P320 mags and are robust and very reliable in all calibers.

The worst mistake SIG made with the P250 was in NOT renaming it after they released the Gen 2 guns. They should have given the Gen 2 pistols a totally new model designation. They are not the same gun, have different frames and magazines and while the Gen 1 guns were more or less junk, the Gen 2 guns are superb pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Hopefully, the issues have been fixed. We tested them around the time the ATF did.  We had a number of other issues and some magazines falling apart while firing as well. I really liked the concept and frame interchangeability, but Sig failed horribly with the guns we tried. Since the cost is significantly reduced, I may try one again in the future.

Must have been Gen 1 guns since it's been a few years. I have heard some good things from guys that carry the P290 off duty as well.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Must have been Gen 1 guns since it's been a few years. I have heard some good things from guys that carry the P290 off duty as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK.  New model production commenced in November of 2009, and as you know it takes quite a while for such production to become mainstream especially as old model production took quite a while to clear the shelves and BOTH were selling at the same time. Chaos.

Previous tests {Nederlands issue/rejection, etc} was with the old model Gen 1 P250.

OP:  This exchange is important because it is THE single reason the P250 gets kicked around on the internet as a turd.

The reason is MISinformation.

ToyCop is only one of many {no flame of ToyCop, as he is only referencing his experience} who report experience with Gen 1 guns without regard for the total redesign and who often had such a bad experience they steered clear of them and don't even know the Gen 2 exists.  The fault is SIG's in that they stuck with the SAME MODEL NUMBER {?????} when they changed the frame {proprietary to Picatinny rail, etc} and magazines and internals to the new model.  Why would a company make such a stupid decision, especially when they went to the effort to improve the pistol?

OP:  Every time you ask a question about the P250 you must make sure you are asking about the Gen 2 guns.  Steer clear of the Gen 1 guns.

Here's how to tell them apart;

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/10/significant-changes-to-sig-p250-compact/

The current production P250 is one of the best auto pistols ever made.

What's more, the Gen 2 guns are cheap.  I paid $369-$389 for my 9's and $499 for my .45.

Accurate;

Reliable;

Go anywhere;

Yeah, I trust them...

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
OK.  New model production commenced in November of 2009, and as you know it takes quite a while for such production to become mainstream especially as old model production took quite a while to clear the shelves and BOTH were selling at the same time. Chaos.

Previous tests {Nederlands issue/rejection, etc} was with the old model Gen 1 P250.

OP:  This exchange is important because it is THE single reason the P250 gets kicked around on the internet as a turd.

ToyCop is only one of many {no flame of ToyCop, as he is only referencing his experience} who report experience with Gen 1 guns without regard for the total redesign and who often had such a bad experience they steered clear of them and don't even know the Gen 2 exists.  The fault is SIG's in that they stuck with the SAME MODEL NUMBER {?????} when they changed the frame {proprietary to Picatinny rail, etc} and magazines and internals to the new model.  Why would a company make such a stupid decision, especially when they went to the effort to improve the pistol?

OP:  Every time you ask a question about the P250 you must make sure you are asking about the Gen 2 guns.  Steer clear of the Gen 1 guns.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/10/significant-changes-to-sig-p250-compact/

What's more, the Gen 2 guns are cheap.  I paid $369-$389 for my 9's and $499 for my .45.

Accurate;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg

Reliable;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg

Go anywhere;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg

Yeah, I trust them...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accurate;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg

Reliable;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg

Go anywhere;

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg

Yeah, I trust them...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg

Any details on what changed internally?  It appears all of the shown changes are cosmetic. I was OK with the old frame, but the trigger has always been the biggest concern to me.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any details on what changed internally?  It appears all of the shown changes are cosmetic. I was OK with the old frame, but the trigger has always been the biggest concern to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accurate;

Reliable;

Go anywhere;

Yeah, I trust them...

I do not remember exactly but yes, there are guts changes, too.

The trigger is still DAO and if you do not like that you will not like the Gen 2 either.  Lots pf people cannot shoot DAO at first but w/ just a bit of practice and dryfiring find they like the trigger system very well. And anyone that shoots a SA/DA gun MUST learn 2 trigger pulls. The P250 DAO is far superior to a 200-series SIG DA pll and even better than the excellent SP2022 DA pull.  It takes no more time to learn the SIG P250 pull than it does to an uninitiated to the Glock.

No, not merely cosmetic at all.  The mags were redesigned and are not interchangeable and the frame rail was changed and the guts were changed. I believe the new series internals can be stuck inside a Gen 1 frame. Whether they improve the old gun or not I don't know as I have read of so many problems with the old Gen 1 guns I'd just dump the thing and get a Gen 2 if it was me.  I personally would not own a Gen 1 P250 thos some are said to be just fine.

The Gen 2 guns are tops.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The only difference on the mags was the floor plate.

The frame was tweaked because the Gen 1 frame didn't sit the FCU in the right position. This, and a bad slide stop design were probably to blame for most of the functioning issues.

If there were any other parts redesigned, I am unaware of them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Accurate;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg</a>

Reliable;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg</a>

Go anywhere;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg</a>

Yeah, I trust them...

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accurate;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hikes021_zpsf696c88e.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse019_zps816f7e76.jpg</a>

Reliable;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250016_zpsf47bc238.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250017_zps15a68639.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250018_zps5a7a5756.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250019_zps23730b66.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250020_zpsd15c57c0.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250021_zpsc709e967.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250023_zps333ae844.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250024_zps6c5e214b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250026_zps4b8377d6.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250034_zps5c2b7de9.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250037_zps3572cb4a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250054_zpsb5d5df95.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/RangeDayP250LC902232014/RangeDay02232014P250056_zpsa5f2b40d.jpg</a>

Go anywhere;

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014030_zpsaac73c15.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/Skijaunt03022014/RangeDayNextSkiJauntWilMt0302032014009_zps1e194cee.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse010_zpsb0d460e4.jpg</a>

Yeah, I trust them...

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Skaapskieter/media/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/Skaapskieter/sigp250/hike250grouse014_zps6b73db6a.jpg</a>

Thank you for this. Looks like this may be next gun.  Just need to decide if I want to start with the compact or full size. Will likely get the frame for the other down the road.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The only difference on the mags was the floor plate.

The frame was tweaked because the Gen 1 frame didn't sit the FCU in the right position. This, and a bad slide stop design were probably to blame for most of the functioning issues.

If there were any other parts redesigned, I am unaware of them.
View Quote

I believe the internals were altered in some way also.  I don't know the details.  I believe the source of most problems is as you say.

Again, SIG would have been better served to have let the old design doe and call the new gun a P275 or P300 or ANYTHING but P250!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thank you for this. Looks like this may be next gun.  Just need to decide if I want to start with the compact or full size. Will likely get the frame for the other down the road.
View Quote

I got subcompacts and fullsize guns.  The compact is a bit too big for concealed carry {it is almost identical in size to the SP2022}.  Between SC and FS there is a substantial size difference.  I should add I got the small frame for my SC's which does not have a rail, thus making it the smallest of the lot.

I think you will really like the P250.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Just like to add that I tried everything to get my 250's to "bind" as per ToyCops description.

No go.

Releasing and pulling at any stage in the travel before reset merely results in pulling against the return spring.  ZERO binding of any type, kind or amount.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just like to add that I tried everything to get my 250's to "bind" as per ToyCops description.

No go.

Releasing and pulling at any stage in the travel before reset merely results in pulling against the return spring.  ZERO binding of any type, kind or amount.

View Quote
Good to know.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I got subcompacts and fullsize guns.  The compact is a bit too big for concealed carry {it is almost identical in size to the SP2022}.  Between SC and FS there is a substantial size difference.  I should add I got the small frame for my SC's which does not have a rail, thus making it the smallest of the lot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I carry a 4" 1911 once in a while so I'm not too concerned with size. The rail on the sc won't bother me either. I like the idea of having a smaller gun for carry but yet can make it a full size for range time
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I've owned a number of SIGs, 220, 228, 229, SP2022, 938 and 1st gen 250 in .40 with a .357 SIG conversion.  All of them shot to point of aim except the 250 which required a six o'clock hold.  Rather than experimenting with different height night sight combinations I sold it and got the SP2022.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've owned a number of SIGs, 220, 228, 229, SP2022, 938 and 1st gen 250 in .40 with a .357 SIG conversion.  All of them shot to point of aim except the 250 which required a six o'clock hold.  Rather than experimenting with different height night sight combinations I sold it and got the SP2022.
View Quote

Point of aim at what distance? A handgun that shoots POA at 10 yards may not shoot POA at 25 yards. A handgun that has a 6 o'clock hold at 10 yards may shoot point of aim at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Point of aim at what distance? A handgun that shoots POA at 10 yards may not shoot POA at 25 yards. A handgun that has a 6 o'clock hold at 10 yards may shoot point of aim at 25 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

25 yards, same as all my other Sigs, Glocks, S&W's and Rugers.  I'd prefer not to have to think about hold over/under for one gun differently than all the rest of mine.  For what it's worth here I'm a master firearms instructor and shoot distinguished expert so I know about different distances vs. hold over/under.  In a critical situation I'd prefer not to have to stop and think about what gun I'm carrying at the moment.  As a retired LEO I carry anytime I leave the house.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Well I guess you got lucky then with your handguns. Every one I have, from Glock to 1911, has a slightly different hold, except of course for my SIG 1911, which has fully adjustable target sights, and can have any hold I want it to have.

But yeah, a 6 o'clock hold at 25 yards is a little annoying..
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

25 yards, same as all my other Sigs, Glocks, S&W's and Rugers.  I'd prefer not to have to think about hold over/under for one gun differently than all the rest of mine.  For what it's worth here I'm a master firearms instructor and shoot distinguished expert so I know about different distances vs. hold over/under.  In a critical situation I'd prefer not to have to stop and think about what gun I'm carrying at the moment.  As a retired LEO I carry anytime I leave the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As the post from Bill_Wallace below you says, lots of guns shoot to different POA's.  Why not just get the proper sights?

As for the problem with a 6 o'clock hold, 6 o'clock of what?  6 o'clock of a 2" bull is just fine, 6 of a 2 foot bull not-so-fine.

Interestingly, while most SIGs are claimed by the company to be set up with a "Combat Sight Hold" zero {front sight dot covers the bull} both of my Brazilian and my .45 {all Full Size guns} are sighted high.  My SC's are sighted using the CSH.

I totally understand the concern about having carry pistols that have different POI, and I agree it actually is something more people should take into consideration as many guys flip flop around with their carry pistols {at least as important is the fact that many use guns w/ different controls, actually...that is more of a concern} but guns are relatively easily resighted, so it is not something that a guy is stuck with if he likes th gun but not the required POA.

For myself, I sold my varying carry pistols for the reason I wanted only one system.  I went with P250's to eliminate the problem inherent with under-stress use of varying controls.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I personally prefer 6 o clock hold when aiming. I feel like I can see the center of the target more accurately rather than holding directly over the bull
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a P250c 40sw and never had problems with it after 2000+ rounds through with USA brand ammo. Great pistol.

http://s25.postimg.org/g24vuricf/S5030393.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top