Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 5:10:31 PM EDT
Went through a class and found out my trigger is mot as crisp and clean as a regular 226. There is a lot of play in SA and the trigger is weak and soft. So Back to Sig it can go. BTW I have only fired 200 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you think installing the SRT (Short Reset Trigger) would have fixed it?

I need to order one for a MK25.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The internals of the mk25 receieve an anti corrosion coating. Many complain that it takes the crispness out of the trigger. I swapped mine stock trigger with a short reach trigger and short reset trigger pack. It restored the function to what I was originally expecting from a Sig.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think installing the SRT (Short Reset Trigger) would have fixed it?

I need to order one for a MK25.

View Quote

Not sure. While it is at home I am having them install the SRT and getting a Action Enhancement Package. If that doesnt fix it I am going to sell it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine back from Sig.  Took advantage of the Father's Day sale and got the AEP + SRT.

It is nice. Very smooth and crisp. SRT is very short and distinct.

Was comparing it to my M&P with Apex enhancements. There really isn't a comparison at all.

I like my M&P but the triggers are worlds apart.

OP I think you will be happy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Went through a class and found out my trigger is mot as crisp and clean as a regular 226. There is a lot of play in SA and the trigger is weak and soft. So Back to Sig it can go. BTW I have only fired 200 rounds through it.
View Quote

200 rounds, that's one range trip. Sig triggers get better with use, especially the SA pull, it gets nice and crisp.

At least that is my experience over 25 years of Sig usage.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Well here is the update, The pistol is being shipped back to me and they replaced a few parts, they did not instal the SRT or polish the actions.  Which is something I talked to the rep with before he sent me the shipping label to return the pistol. I called and asked why and they said if the gun gets shipped in for repairs it gets shipped back to you and if you want work done you have to send it back again. Well I am glad to know I spent close to a grand for a pistol and the customer service is horrible. I was looking at getting a P227 but after this there is no way in hell I would give them more money.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#7]
When you first discussed getting the SRT and polish work, did the rep say/confirm they could do it when it was being repaired?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, When I called today after I got the shipping otice the same rep is out of office. I will call him on monday and ask him WTF>
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
SRT, I get.........short reset.

But Short Reach Trigger and AEP?

What are those?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The internals of the mk25 receieve an anti corrosion coating. Many complain that it takes the crispness out of the trigger. I swapped mine stock trigger with a short reach trigger and short reset trigger pack. It restored the function to what I was originally expecting from a Sig.
View Quote

I installed an SRT in my Mk25. The parts I replaced do not have any different coating on them. They are stock SIG.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well here is the update, The pistol is being shipped back to me and they replaced a few parts, they did not instal the SRT or polish the actions.  Which is something I talked to the rep with before he sent me the shipping label to return the pistol. I called and asked why and they said if the gun gets shipped in for repairs it gets shipped back to you and if you want work done you have to send it back again. Well I am glad to know I spent close to a grand for a pistol and the customer service is horrible. I was looking at getting a P227 but after this there is no way in hell I would give them more money.
View Quote

Call back & throw a fit. That's fucking bullshit. If it needs to be shipped to a different facility in a different state to get the action job then Sig can ship it and charge you the shipping from repair facility to action job facility.... But shippinig it back to you so you can ship it back to them is stupid.
BTW, installing a SRT is easy. Read the dissassembly/reassembly Classic series pistol sticky... Its in there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BTW, installing a SRT is easy. Read the dissassembly/reassembly Classic series pistol sticky... Its in there.
View Quote

Yep. I used to be scared to detail strip P-series guns. It's actually pretty easy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top