Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
So after weeks of research and weeks of waiting for it to come in I can finally finger f**** my new Sig P226 MK25

I have held quite a few in the shops when I was doing my research but I am still blown away with how nice this pistol feels in my hands. The Sig Night Sights are amazing, are they the Trijico sights or whatever they are called? Or does Sig use something else?

I have already ordered my SRT trigger and am looking forward to installing it and feeling the difference. I am use to shooting my G19 so the DA/SA will take some training to get use too. The marathon trigger is my only gripe with this gun but I believe that the SRT will take care of that.

My first range day will be Friday or Saturday so I will report back with the results.

Thanks again to everyone here who took the time to answer my questions. Thanks to you I believe that I ended up with the best 9mm handgun on the market today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got a nice one!  Mine is super accurate and has never malfunctioned in any way.
Check out the M11-A1 as a companion for your new Mk25.  It's a winner too.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
She won't let you down. I trusted one for my last deployment.

Excellent weapons system if you are going in harms way.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, it was a tough decision but I am very happy that I made the decision to go with the MK25. I cannot wait to take it to the range this weekend and really try it out.

Besides the SRT and the 18round magazines that are available should I look into anything else for the Sig. The grips feel great but am really thinking about getting some wood grips.

Now I just need to stock up on 9mm ammo!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, has anyone else had issues with their Surefire X300s on the MK25 rails?

I switched from the "universal" rail attachment to the "picatinny rail" attachment but I still cannot get it to lock all the way on. I would say that I can get it over 3/4 of the way if not more but I just cannot lock it all the way in.

Anything that I could be doing wrong?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, looks nice. Congrats.

A Mk25 is on my "list".
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, it was a tough decision but I am very happy that I made the decision to go with the MK25. I cannot wait to take it to the range this weekend and really try it out.

Besides the SRT and the 18round magazines that are available should I look into anything else for the Sig. The grips feel great but am really thinking about getting some wood grips.

View Quote

Do not put wood grips on a Mk25.

The SRT is all that it needs. Maybe some skateboard tape on the front strap...
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also, has anyone else had issues with their Surefire X300s on the MK25 rails?

I switched from the "universal" rail attachment to the "picatinny rail" attachment but I still cannot get it to lock all the way on. I would say that I can get it over 3/4 of the way if not more but I just cannot lock it all the way in.

Anything that I could be doing wrong?
View Quote

I leave the universal rail attachment on and it works fine.

And regarding magazines. I bought 5 18 rounders and 5 20 rounders. In retrospect, I wish I would have just gotten a couple of 18s and the rest 20s. Reloads are faster and easier with the 20s and it doesn't add so much to the grip length to make it a hindrance. I only use the 18rd mags for when I am concealing it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65776

I had those grips . Too fat and too slippery for me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congrats!

Start saving you are going to want another

View Quote

Yeah buddy

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Because it's just wrong. The Mk25 isn't or shouldn't be a pretty gun or safe queen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the way the wood grips feel. They haven't stopped me from putting 3000 rounds through it in the first two months. Hard use doesn't have to mean "tacticool". I put wood grips on my m11 for my last deployment too. Always just feel more natural to me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Oh my.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Thats the pic that made me want to put wood grips on my MK25.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Flip your hand over and lets see what watch your wearing while holding that MK25 . Looks like it's a good combo .
Yea I'm into watches and Sigs .
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad that my picture made you want them. There was a stainless 226 sitting next to mk25 the day I got it, and I just had to have the grips I saw on it.

The watch isn't anything fancy. It just a Casio gshock that was issued to me by my unit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://i59.tinypic.com/167718o.jpg

The best accessory.
View Quote

Yep I haz IR beams from TNVC now as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
what is a good price for a new mk25?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]
a friend is offering me one for $700 with only one box through it.  should i fo?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
a friend is offering me one for $700 with only one box through it.  should i fo?
View Quote

Yes! Get off your computer and go.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

also being offered any sig at half off their retail list.  just will take 6-8 months to arrive (long story)
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#24]
If I had that deal I'd be getting one of these

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I had that deal I'd be getting one of these
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65829

View Quote

I still can carry a P226.  Cant CCW an X5 even though I'd love a Tactical model.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Well I just got back from a day at the range. I guess my only issue will be talking to the wife about expanding my ammo budget cause HOLY SHIT this gun is amazing.

I have been getting use to shooting my Glock 19 and I really did not expect much of a difference between the two when it came to the shooting. But I was very wrong, the pistol was just smooth as could be, there was a pretty big difference in the feel of the recoil between the Glock and the Sig. It took me a couple of magazines to get use to the location of the slide release. I just need to adjust my grip a bit and get use to the DA/SA.

But no complaints about this legendary weapons system.

Thanks again for the suggestions!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Did you sign up for the extra mags and bag?

http://sigsauer.com/Promotions/CurrentPromotions.aspx
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Glad to gear you like it man. The mk25 is great. Were you shooting it with the srt? The srt made took the pistol from great to incredible. Then I put on of the short reach trriggers on as well and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Glad to gear you like it man. The mk25 is great. Were you shooting it with the srt? The srt made took the pistol from great to incredible. Then I put on of the short reach trriggers on as well and couldn't be happier.
View Quote

The SRT hasnt come in yet so just with the stock trigger. I think that the SRT will take care of my only little problem and that is the long trigger pull.

What are short reach triggers? This is the first that I have heard of it
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#30]
the short reach triggers are just a slim profile trigger that replaces the original. This is really down to user preference though. I just like the slimmer trigger.

The mk 25 has the standard when you get it.

The short reach comes on the elite and a few others.

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
the short reach triggers are just a slim profile trigger that replaces the original. This is really down to user preference though. I just like the slimmer trigger.

The mk 25 has the standard when you get it.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65878

The short reach comes on the elite and a few others.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65879
View Quote

I believe they're talking about the Short Reset Trigger kit, not the short/solid trigger.

edit: Looks like I might of misread, damn Sig and their "Short Reset Trigger" and "Short Trigger"
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, for some reason they called both things the SRT. If you ever intend to install the trigger I recommend doing both at the same time, because the longer arm on the srt sear gets in the way. I really like it though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks NavyIS2, your post are always helpful.

I think that I will stick with the regular trigger, I like having a fatter trigger myself. But I cannot wait for the Short Reset Trigger to come in the mail.

Now I just need a solid holster and more 9mm than I can afford.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

right.fucking.now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top