Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 11:07:30 PM EDT
Picked up the pistol fairly cheap a few days ago. Not 2008 cheap, unfortunately, but the P6 pistols I've seen for sale have all been way more than what I paid, so I think I did a good job. I do find it interesting that it's not REALLY that much larger than a Glock 26... so I'm happy with it (my main CC piece is a G34.)

Anyways, with some googling, I've seen and noted that trigger pull (mostly in DA) can be made better with a new mainspring and firing pin spring. What else can be done at home? I also noticed there were a few people out there who got creative and sourced parts from other Sig pistols that are compatible and did things like dropping in SRTs and such... how would one go about doing something like that?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The Sig custom shop does the SRT install.  I was told it helps with the DA pull, but it's still on the heavy side even with the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Sig custom shop does the SRT install.  I was told it helps with the DA pull, but it's still on the heavy side even with the trigger.
View Quote

Umm, no.  The SRT only effects the RESET of the trigger after the 1st pull, and has nothing to do with trigger pull weight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Umm, no.  The SRT only effects the RESET of the trigger after the 1st pull, and has nothing to do with trigger pull weight.
View Quote

Like I said I was TOLD it helped with the DA pull since there is a different spring being used.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a P239 mainspring in mine, which is what their custom shop guys told me is what they put in P225s. It makes a HUGE difference.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I replaced the mainspring in my P6 with a standard mainspring.  The P6 has the heavier spring which effects the DA pull only.  If you take your grips off, you can count the number of coils on the spring.  Mine had 28, and the standard factory spring for a P220/P226 had 24 coils.  It was a major improvement for $5 that that I did myself.  I bought the spring from a SIG armorer at a gun show.

If you buy one, make sure you get the old style mainspring, unless someone has already switched them out.

The sights can be switched out if you have a pusher or are skilled with a brass punch.  They are pretty much interchangeable with all of the other 9mm P22x guns,

Enjoy, they are great guns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Is $400 a "buy it" price?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I think $400 is a fair price, depending on the condition and accessories.  Mine has holster wear but was not shot much, based on the appearance of the slide rails and other internals.  I paid less than $400  last year from a local person, and considered it a fair deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
What I did to mine:
All new springs
Feedramp work (it had trouble with hollow points)
Newer style takedown lever (because it's easier for me to use)
Lighter mainspring
SRT kit from a P220
Hogue rosewood grips
Arfcom stainless guide rod
Polished the barrel
Trijicon night sights
Will get some cerakote sometime soon

Yeah that's a lot of stuff for such a cheap gun, but it was my first handgun and it's never getting sold

Edit: bought it for $250 with a rusty slide, and 2 mags in '08.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the slide blued, the frame painted and Mepro night sights installed. Shoots anything I've fed it like a champ.I'm another one who dumped some money on a "cheap" gun, but I'll never part with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is $400 a "buy it" price?
View Quote

I've looked around at Gunbroker and other such places, I don't think you'd find one any cheaper than what I paid for mine with all the stuff ($400 for the gun, two factory mags, 10rd promag, blackhawk holster, German police holster, original box, and a box of Federal 115gr +P+ JHP ammo.)

Mine's in quite good condition, with holster wear on the edges of the pistol's slide. Barrel has some hood wear, but that happens with every gun- barrel is still quite accurate. Everything else is perfect, mechanically and aesthetically- the frame isn't marred at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]
What date is it?  The older ones did not have modified feedramps to feed hollow points reliably. This can be corrected.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
You could paint it pink.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought 2 P6's and they were a little too worn for me, so I sent them to customizedcreationz.com then added wood grips from grips4u.com.  I planned to have them around so I could pass them out to my sons if things got shitty some day.  Now that they are all spruced up, they're safe queens.  Great looking guns!  No pics right now, but you should do your own thing anyway.  Just not pink.  Pink is for panties!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top