Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 6:17:13 PM EDT
Well...was a staunch Glock guy for years but finally nabbed myself an M&P Shield earlier this year, and today added another brand with a very lightly used P226R 9mm. Date on the box is 4/2/13, serial number UU769***. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet but hopefully will this weekend. Can't wait.

Any recalls or modifications I should be looking at for that date or serial range? Also looking for the manual (didn't come with one) and of course, cheap mags, as I only got the two with it. Only mods I have planned is to toss a set of night sights on it.

And before anyone asks:

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I am jealous . that's the next pick for me too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the purchase.

Mecgar makes an excellent 18 round magazine for the 226. They usually run $25 a pop.

My 226 is from July of 2012. The only issue I have had is loss of finish on the factory magazines. The black finish bubbled up early on and has been cracking off ever since.

The finish on the pistol itself has worn like iron. Very pleased.

Best factory double/single action trigger available IMHO. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Single best upgrade you can do to your stock p226 is to add an SRT (Short Reset Trigger) kit (if it doesn't already have one), which will shorten the reset on your single-action trigger pulls, which in turn will increase your accuracy and speed with follow up shots.  (Has no effect on the double action trigger pull, because the trigger hasn't been pulled yet...).  Cost is typically $50 for the kit, and can be (if you're comfortable with such things) installed yourself in about 15-minutes, or a smith can do it for ya'.  Basically you're replacing the sear & the internal safety lever with a modified version.

Regardless OP, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of SIG
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been walking around the house all evening dry firing it like a kid with a new toy. Gonna take some work to get used to firing the DA trigger.

I've looked at the Sig Custom Shop site and saw they do the 'Sig service package' for used pistols. Any comments on this? If the Sig night sites are good and the turn around time isn't too bad I'd consider sending it off. I'm going to need to put the shorter trigger in it anyway I believe.

Does Sig do the short reset trigger as well? I didn't see that on the site. I assume it doesn't affect reliability?

Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top