Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2014 7:30:20 AM EDT
I had my 228 refinished a couple years ago and have noticed that the standard trigger is impacting the frame and has chipped the finish and anodizing.  I have not played with the short trigger but would like to know if they removed material from the rear of the trigger as well as the front, and how much it will affect my shooting with the shorter length of pull.  The regular trigger is the proper length of pull for my hands but I want to alleviate further damage to the gun.  Any opinions?

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a short trigger on my German P228R, and it also touches the frame, when fired.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a trigger with an overtravel stop for Sigs?  Something that would act as a buffer against the frame?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a short trigger on my German P228R, and it also touches the frame, when fired.
View Quote

I second this, except new production model
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about the no-cost solution of putting a little patch of tape on the frame where it hits? They make duct tape in all different colors too.
View Quote

After I get the area touched up I will probably do that, but a band-aid isnt as permanent as Id like.  I have a SRT on backorder and short trigger en route, might as well try it out and see if I like the length of pull while Ive got it torn apart.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What about the no-cost solution of putting a little patch of tape on the frame where it hits? They make duct tape in all different colors too.
View Quote

Ha! That's what I did, except it was a small piece of black electrical tape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top