Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2014 2:59:53 AM EDT
A while back, was at the LGS with a buddy and saw this pistol in the display case, was instantly smitten. Counter help asked if I wanted to see it, I told her no because I knew what would happen. My buddy said he'd like to see it and the rest is history.
Had given a deposit to an online dealer for an MPX carbine, they were kind enough to cancel it and apply the money to this, so I saved a grand!

I've been shooting P series pistols for 20 years, so this is completely new to me.
All I've done so far is field strip and reassemble to be sure that I could and I'm aware of the possibility of the idiot scratch when installing the slide stop.
Any tips or advice for a first time 1911 owner?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pistol

As dark as idiot scratch - just be careful , watch some vids on how to take it apart and putting it back together .
Some of the difficulty is putting it back together involves tight fitting parts ( lube helps this ) other issues due to not having things lined up right

Take you  time, the mere fact your concerned will most likely be enough to keep idiot mark from occurring.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Had it out at the range today, all I can say is WOW!
Shot about 100 rounds of hand loads, 230 gr ball and HP, no hiccups and ragged holes out to 50 feet.
This pistol just felt "right" when I handled it at the LGS and out of the box it didn't disappoint. Definitely a keeper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top