Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2014 5:03:18 AM EDT
Hey guys,
So yesterday I picked up a 938 from my local gun shop because it was on sale for a price I couldnt walk away from with a clear conscience. Anyhow, first thing i did was swing by the range to put a box of regular 115gr  through it. Lubed it up and after firing 20 something rounds the safety stopped working. When I got back home I had a closer look and noticed that the sear pin was partially sticking out on one side past the rubber grips. I pushed it back in, stuck some snap caps in and dry fired away. The pin pushed its way over to one side again, it doesnt stay centered. Now i am worried that either the pin is too small or the hole for the sear pin is too big.
Anyone have similar problems?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
i just got a p938 extreme and i fired 50 rounds so far no problem of pins coming out or anything like that. my saftey works good and everything else. only thing i hate is when you insert a full mag and chamber a round then take out the mag a rounnd will pop out of the mag. annoying but mybe it will get better with more rounds. i would contact sig there costumer service is pretty good i hear.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
the grip is supposed to partially cover the sear pin. might be the grip panel is slightly out of spec. having had mine apart i can say the only thing holding that pin in is the grips.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the grip is supposed to partially cover the sear pin. might be the grip panel is slightly out of spec. having had mine apart i can say the only thing holding that pin in is the grips.
View Quote

It does cover the hole, but I have that soft rubber hogue grip, I think the plastic isnt rigid enough... I think I am just gonna send it in to sig and see what they say... If they dont fix the problem I'll probably just replace the grips with the aluminum ones...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i just got a p938 extreme and i fired 50 rounds so far no problem of pins coming out or anything like that. my saftey works good and everything else. only thing i hate is when you insert a full mag and chamber a round then take out the mag a rounnd will pop out of the mag. annoying but mybe it will get better with more rounds. i would contact sig there costumer service is pretty good i hear.
View Quote

My mags do the same thing others have said it gets better but I have about 400 rounds throw it with no change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top