Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 11:52:29 AM EDT
I have a P220R that I bought used.  I'm trying to determine if it has the factory Thin Grips on it.  I measured it with calipers half way between grip screws, at the "P220" branding on the grip and it measures 1.25".  Are these standard grips or Thin?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics would help this thread immensely.

By "thin" grips, do you mean E2 grips?

If your grips have 2 screws on each side, they're standard grips....the newer "factory" E2 grips don't have the 2 screw holes on each side
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some dimensions of the Sig thin grips for the P220 in this link.  Top Gun Supply sells the thin grips, so a call to them would answer your question if the link doesn't.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics would help this thread immensely.

By "thin" grips, do you mean E2 grips?

If your grips have 2 screws on each side, they're standard grips....the newer "factory" E2 grips don't have the 2 screw holes on each side
View Quote

I am familiar with the E2 grips.  I was referring to the Sig Factory Slim Grips that TopGun sells.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are some dimensions of the Sig thin grips for the P220 in this link.  Top Gun Supply sells the thin grips, so a call to them would answer your question if the link doesn't.http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/SIG-Sauer%20P220%20Thin%20Stocks.htm

View Quote

From the photos, it appears that I have the Slim Grips.  The "P220" inlay is halfway between the grip screws and they do not have the decocker cut out.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know if these slim grips or the E2 grips are slimmer than my G10s that came on my extreme model?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
the Sig aluminium grips are the thinnest for a 220. im not sure about other models but my 220 Elite came with the black cheese grater aluminium ones and they were awesome. Perfectly ex-foliated hands at the end of a range trip too!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the Sig aluminium grips are the thinnest for a 220. im not sure about other models but my 220 Elite came with the black cheese grater aluminium ones and they were awesome. Perfectly ex-foliated hands at the end of a range trip too!
View Quote

I really dont want to spend $100+ on a set of the aluminums. The G10s I have fit my hand well but the rub my side pretty well when Im not openly carrying the pistol. And I def dont want to change to the slim or E2's of theyre going to be wider than what I have.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I accidentally bought a set of thin grips. I'm going to have to retrofit the mainspring. They wont fit my 1994 220
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I accidentally bought a set of thin grips. I'm going to have to retrofit the mainspring. They wont fit my 1994 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top