Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:49:10 PM EDT
I'm relatively new to Sigs, and am trying to make sense of all the available options with the P226. I've narrowed it down to not wanting a bob-tailed model, but have been reading that the SRT trigger is the way to go. It seems that Mk25's are selling like hot cakes because of the 3 Mec-Gar magazines and the novelty factor, but I've found what I think is a decent deal on a P226 with SRT, night sights, E2 grips (I have small hands), and 2 magazines for $949; I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth holding out for a Mk25 (adding an SRT later)  based on the magazines, picatinny rail, and corrosion coatings, and would love to hear any opinions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
MK25 here..................The state of affairs these days, you find a deal......buy.........MHO.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MK25 here..................The state of affairs these days, you find a deal......buy.........MHO.

exactly, I found a deal the other day and jumped all over it.  your exactly right though, these weapons are few and far between at the moment
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Both are solid weapons. Number 1 reason for me to choose the Mk25 over a new P226R is for the proven short extractor. The new 226's come with the long extractor, which is fairly new and untested.

ETA. The Mk25 comes with Mec-Gar mags, where the standard versions may not. You can always add the SRT and short trigger to the Mk25. That's what I plan on doing with mine to mimic my P226R.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I was debating between the MK25 and P226 Extreme.  I have smaller hands and had planned on adding thinner grips, SRT and the short reach trigger anyways.  I ended up buying the Extreme b/c it already came with these 3 features and I found it for over $100 cheaper than the MK25.  The 3rd mag would have been nice, but both are solid guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Both are solid weapons. Number 1 reason for me to choose the Mk25 over a new P226R is for the proven short extractor. The new 226's come with the long extractor, which is fairly new and untested.

ETA. The Mk25 comes with Mec-Gar mags, where the standard versions may not. You can always add the SRT and short trigger to the Mk25. That's what I plan on doing with mine to mimic my P226R.

OMG they are fucking up the 226 as well

And to think I was pissed when sig turn the P229 into a 9mm  and then add a long extractor.

They also Fuck up the 1911 using the long extractor! Should of followed the Proven Colt 70`s or hell even the 80S.

I dont get it at all.

We have a good track record with our P 226,228,229 lets change things around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
My P226 Extreme has a 1/2013 manufacturer date and has the short extractor.  I read somewhere that Sig stated they were going back to the short extractor on the P226.  I'll see if I can find the link...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top