Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a breach failure as well.  Attached is a link that focuses on this issue.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=228839&page=2

My post is # 37 and there is a link to pictures.

Long and short of it...

I dry fire practiced A LOT w/ that pistol with the advice that it didn't need Snap Caps to dry fire with.  I easily put 10k dry fires on that pistol.  One day, during dry fire, I pulled the trigger and something didn't feel right.  I couldn't retract the slide.  Finally pried it open and noticed the breach face was blasted outward.

Called Glock and it was obvious in conversation w/ the rep, that this wasn't a one off problem.  They were good about it though.  They gave me a new slide and moved the Trijicons from the old slide over to the new.
Unfortunately, they replaced some of the trigger internals ......the really nicely worn in and smooth internals .

Anyway, I still continue my regimen of dry fire, but now use some kind of snap cap.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sorry guys but even if the breech face was already cracked the firing pin spring isn't anywhere near strong enough to push that steel outward. Dry firing a glock is recommended and Glock will even recommend it. All those pictures did was distort the discussion from it's entended purpose. DRY FIRE your Glock to adjust to the reset point. When you learn to detect it and fire again you cant help but become a better shot with it. Pics with no explanation I have to assume are nothing more than a distraction and dont deserve recognition let alone a response. Simply my 2 cents, DRY FIRE A GLOCK, DRY FIRE A GLOCK, DRY FIRE A GLOCK....

THIS!
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Dry firing does not hurt. I've talked to a glock representative and they said it's a go. However if you want to get better at shooting and seeing if you having problems with trigger control or anticipating shots get snap caps and load them with your regular rounds. You'll learn really fast and probably more efficiently then just plain old dry firing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top