Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 6:02:45 AM EDT
Took a three day Advanced Tactical Pistol course this past weekend.  A great time was had by all, your esteemed moderator took third place in the final event, all in all I was quite happy.

I was shooting a Glock 21, I had replaced the stock trigger pack with a Lightning Strikes aluminum trigger group, all was fine for about 400 rounds, then, much to my chagrin (and cause for my third place showing instead of a 1st) the little pinthat holds the trigger safety onto the trigger itself came out and the safety jammed the trigger in the open position.  By the time I was able to tear the trigger safety out, I was hosed to third place.

All in all I would *NOT* recommend the Lightning Strikes trigger group until they come up with some sort of fix for this.

Stock trigger replaced, now to earn back my reputation as a the fastest bullet hoser around.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Warning!!! I talked to Glock tech last week. The gunsmith warned me about this 'Lightning Strike' trigger setup, apparently the design is flawed and deactivates the firing pin safety. If you have one, call Glock for the skinny on this set-up. Drop it and it can go boom...you are warned.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Pity the poor fool who monkeys with his Glock beyond putting some tritium sights atop it.  If it ain't broke . . .  And with Glock aftermarket stuff, it soon will be . . .

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I must have 1500 of tough USPSA rounds through my M20 with the LS trigger.  No problems.

No product is 100%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top