Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 12:09:37 PM EDT
Im looking into getting two Glock 30S models for conceal for wife and I. 

Haven't made it to a local shop to hold a 30 frame so those of you that have one tell me about how it fits in your hand

I have a G41 and lots of mags. Will I need to get those sleeves to make them handle decent in a 30 frame?

Thanks 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
30s frame is same as your Gen 4 without backplate just shorter.  

And your 21 mags will be just fine without adapters.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The .45's are thicker than 9mm's. Your wife might like a G26 or G43 instead.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Has your wife shot a 30S yet?  Did she pick this pistol or did you?  I am going to give you a piece of advice that may save you time and money.  Let her pick her pistol and caliber or you may end up with a pistol she does not carry or shoot.  Keep your opinions and influence out of the mix and let her arrive at her choice with guidance and opinions when she asks for them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Edgecrusher gives good advice... Let your wife have solid input on what she carries.  My wife chose a 4" 686 over everything else presented.  She had issues with FTE and FTF with g19 and M&P9c sized autos.

Also.. I've read that the 30S fits G19 holsters... Is this true? Been pondering one for myself.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A tad thicker than my G19, but shoots pretty similar.  Just a touch more recoil.  

Fits in non-kydex G19 holsters fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edgecrusher gives good advice... Let your wife have solid input on what she carries.  My wife chose a 4" 686 over everything else presented.  She had issues with FTE and FTF with g19 and M&P9c sized autos.

Also.. I've read that the 30S fits G19 holsters... Is this true? Been pondering one for myself.
View Quote
With a few exceptions my buddies fit my holster not perfectly but it fit(Comp-Tac M-Tac) I ended up giving it to him since I use an INCOG now.  His wife did not like the 30S the increased recoil over her G19/Shield slowed her down on follow up shots and brought her off target much more.  She prefers her Shield and carries it daily because of size and how well she can shoot it.

The biggest folly most of us guys can do and I was guilty of this in the past is pick the pistol for your SO.  What happens 98% of the time is she ends up not carrying it but will only shoot it at the range because she feels like she has too.  Mine loves the G43 and honestly she can shoot it better than I can.  It fits her hand, recoil is nothing, and can lay shots on top of each other repeatedly with the pistol.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A tad thicker than my G19, but shoots pretty similar.  Just a touch more recoil.  

View Quote
Thank you, been curious about that for a while now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use a holster designed for a G17 with my 41 , fits just fine 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
If you shoot them a lot with the regular 30S mag you're likely gonna get the pinky pinch. I've not known anyone who put a lot of rounds through the 30S in one session that didn't get the small pinch blister on the pad of their pinky finger.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 30 gen 4. For the record my wife will not shoot it. She hates it. 
However she loves her 43 and even my 19. 
My advice is get your wife to shoot one before you buy, if she hasn't already. 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone has different size hands, and even if they are the same size, everyone has a personal preference for how a gun feels in their hand.  How are we supposed to know what you or your wife are going to consider OK in your hands?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you shoot them a lot with the regular 30S mag you're likely gonna get the pinky pinch. I've not known anyone who put a lot of rounds through the 30S in one session that didn't get the small pinch blister on the pad of their pinky finger.
View Quote
30s feels good and in my hands and in between 200 to 300 rounds I don't get a pinch however my wife and a buddies wife didn't care for the 30s.  I didn't get too much of a reason why I just assume they are a lot more picky about every detail working for them and me, not so much.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

30s feels good and in my hands and in between 200 to 300 rounds I don't get a pinch however my wife and a buddies wife didn't care for the 30s.  I didn't get too much of a reason why I just assume they are a lot more picky about every detail working for them and me, not so much.
View Quote
It's a small pistol shooting a 45acp. Some folks aren't comfortable with that. I don't have the 30S anymore but I have two 30s. My wife wont go near them. They are too thick for her hands.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's a small pistol shooting a 45acp. Some folks aren't comfortable with that. I don't have the 30S anymore but I have two 30s. My wife wont go near them. They are too thick for her hands.
View Quote
I prefer the 30 to the 30s.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has your wife shot a 30S yet?  Did she pick this pistol or did you?  I am going to give you a piece of advice that may save you time and money.  Let her pick her pistol and caliber or you may end up with a pistol she does not carry or shoot.  Keep your opinions and influence out of the mix and let her arrive at her choice with guidance and opinions when she asks for them.
View Quote
Concur with this. My wife shot everything in my inventory including the 30s and 36 and decided on the 19 for her carry. According to her, the 30s is essentially a medium framed cannon, especially with the 21 mags. The 36 had too much recoil. 19 was much easier for her to control, less recoil and much lighter.  She's happy=I'm happy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a Safariland als holster for my G19 and my 30S does not fot in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top