Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2017 4:36:33 PM EDT
With all these compensated Glocks, I have yet to see a G26 compensated. I may have missed it, but I havent seen it.
Ive thought about doing it, and other than threaded G26 barrels being somewhat hard to find, is there any reason it cant be done?

It seems like if you are going to compensate your carry gun, a G26 would be a prime candidate. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned 5 compensated pistols including Glock but not a 26. I dislike them due to top of the holster shooting I get gases and powder in my face/eyes. Even when I aim using the sights occasionally get the same. I don't recommend them and it's a 9mm so I don't see an advantage to it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've owned 5 compensated pistols including Glock but not a 26. I dislike them due to top of the holster shooting I get gases and powder in my face/eyes. Even when I aim using the sights occasionally get the same. I don't recommend them and it's a 9mm so I don't see an advantage to it.
View Quote
What comps have you used?  Genuinely curious here... have a KKM on my 19 and TBRC on my 43... no gas or powder issues with either for me.  It certainly helps keep recoil impulse 'flatter' on my 2, but I tend toward stouter 9mm loads.  I've found it doesn't seem to do much with 115gr range ammo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hear you on it only being a 9, my thought is, people are claiming the comp helps on 19s and 17s, I thought if you comped a 26, would still be smaller than a 19, and possibly a decent bit faster.
Just hadn't seen one done with the TRBC or similar.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hear you on it only being a 9, my thought is, people are claiming the comp helps on 19s and 17s, I thought if you comped a 26, would still be smaller than a 19, and possibly a decent bit faster.
Just hadn't seen one done with the TRBC or similar.
View Quote
Keep your size ideas realistic.  My comped 19 is now the same length as a 34... it is longer than the 17.

You might be able to pull off smaller than a 19 with one of the micro-comps, not sure... but I'd wager they're less effective than the KKM or TBRC comps commonly in use.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also very interested in this I saw KKM has a specific G26 barrel and como combo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am also very interested in this I saw KKM has a specific G26 barrel and como combo.
View Quote
Do they? Did not know about this. I need to check that out.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
have the slide and barrel milled for internal porting?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
have the slide and barrel milled for internal porting?
View Quote
Why? Ported Glocks are not nearly as effective as a good comp, not to mention having the barrel and slide ported/refinished will be considerably more expensive than a comp.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
When I hear comp glocks I always think ported, not a thread on barrel comp.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#10]
It is interesting that KKM has a G26 barrel and comp for sale, yet not a single picture of it. On the page for the G26, there is a picture of a 19.......
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is interesting that KKM has a G26 barrel and comp for sale, yet not a single picture of it. On the page for the G26, there is a picture of a 19.......
View Quote
I emailed them and they don't have any pictures. But the way I read it is that it's the same comp on a threaded g26 barrel
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the way the Mayhem Syndicate setup looks. Compact. Thinking about one for my EDC 17.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top