Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 4:47:45 PM EDT
Has anyone had feeding issues with hollow points using the newer Taran +2 extensions with the +10% springs they ship with?

I have two G43s: the first one runs like a scalded ape and doesn't care what kind of ammo or base plate extensions I use.
The second one doesn't feed hollow points worth a damn when I use the base plate extensions. OEM mags are fine. It's just really weird.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a +1 that runs with no issue.

Older one, plus it's an OEM spring.

Curious about this since I considered the +2 for my spare mag.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No issues with +2's on both of my 43's, but in for the responses.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Wife's G43 has same issue.  Rounds nose down on loading using stock spring, never got around to getting the new spring.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I run the HYVE +2's on my 43.  They do NOT come with new stronger springs but have been nothing but flawless since installing them on my mags.  I have a buddy who has had great luck with his Taran's on his 43 I just didn't want to spend the money on them.  I really wonder why Taran felt the need to need a new spring when other brands use the stock one without issue.  For around $20 each you just can't beat the HYVE in my opinion.   with that being said, I run Taran on my standard 9mm Glocks and love their product.  Just way too overpriced for me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you riding the slide?  I noticed this when a friend of mine was shooting mine.  He bought hollow points accidentally when he came to shoot with me and decided to shoot them anyways.  They would misfeed and I found he was riding the slide some when he was loading up.  It only gave me a problem with the TangoDown Vickers +2 mags.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you riding the slide?  I noticed this when a friend of mine was shooting mine.  He bought hollow points accidentally when he came to shoot with me and decided to shoot them anyways.  They would misfeed and I found he was riding the slide some when he was loading up.  It only gave me a problem with the TangoDown Vickers +2 mags.
View Quote
Nope, not riding the slide. I have two G43s and only one of them doesn't like hollow points with the +2 base plates, which is weird. I've been going strapped with the flush OEM 6 rounders and actually kind of like it. I ended up ordering a +1 Hyve extension for poops and giggles, so we'll see how she does this weekend.

Based on the feedback from everyone, it sounds like extensions in general can be finicky. I wish Glock would just make a 7 or 8 round OEM mag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe try the ETS 7 round. It's flush and a lot of guys have had good luck with their stuff.

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#9]
As mentioned any modification can cause a gun to choke and two seemingly identical guns can behave differently with the same modification.
Personally I can't quite figure out why you would start off with the smallest platform in a given  Product line the. Make it bigger
Sort of like starting off with a nice light m4 then bolting so much stuff on it results in a gun as heavy as an M14
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Never a bad idea to put a stronger mag spring in an time you're running more than a plus 1 extension...
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Easy fix; I had the same problem.
Take out spring/follower, and put extension back on. Look down where mag/extension interface and grind/polish the mag ears with a dremel. The spring is getting compressed and stuck down at this interface.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Easy fix; I had the same problem.
Take out spring/follower, and put extension back on. Look down where mag/extension interface and grind/polish the mag ears with a dremel. The spring is getting compressed and stuck down at this interface.
View Quote

Sounds like my ol' dremel tool is about to some action. This actually makes sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Last week, I shot 150 rounds through my G43 using the Taran +3. Not one issue or jam. About 35 of the rounds were Fed 147 HST with a mix of +p and standard.

I have not had any issues with my Taran +1, +2, or +3 yet... How is the spring tension? Do any rounds rattle in the mag when fully loaded? It can be a bitch to get the +2 and especially the +3 bases on and I have bent the mag spring getting the damned thing on (Taran sent me new springs for free after a call). But it may be possible to bend or bind up the spring. Or maybe there is a rough spot or burr on your feed ramp. It can be very frustrating diagnosing a problem like this.

I fantasize about a Glock OEM 10 round mag for the 43. Maybe also an OEM +2 base giving us a 12 round mag for spares. Maybe one day. (I have not tried the ETS 12 rounders. I prefer OEM mags).
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The ETS 12 work perfect; I like mine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Brought four to the range a couple of weeks ago for my first test - two +1 and two +2.  Zero issues shooting HST +P 147 and four types of 115 and 124gr FMJ....so I bought one more of each.  Just showed up today, so I have not tested them yet.

That said, I agree it could be an issue with the spring. Getting it to seat fully into the base of the extension took a bit of work with the +2s.  A couple of them seemed to hang up a bit higher until I got a tool in to manipulate their position before I finished sliding the extension fully into place.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No issues with +2's on both of my 43's, but in for the responses.
View Quote
The +2 comes with a spring.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a +1, +2, and +3 with zero issues. I usually carry with the +2.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I use the Vickers +2 as my backup mags and Pearce +1 in the gun with no issues.

I wanna grab an ETS and a couple TT extensions as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
after reading your original post, I was careful in putting some rounds through my TT +2 after receiving it... following the video tip to hold the top round down with your thumb, and give the base a couple of taps into your palm, not a single hiccup... test included 100 hand load 124 JHP ... 124 Gold Dot shoots to point of aim after drifting the sight all the way to the right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top