Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:48:55 PM EDT
Bought this as a blem from Agency's website.  It is the Premier Line G19 Black Nitride barrel.  After cleaning, I noticed the inside doesn't look quite right.  The grooves look smooth and sharp.  
The lands looks rough with long streaks running the length of the barrel. I used a brass pick on the inside and they are indeed rough.  
What says yous guys?  I'm going to shoot it Sunday and maybe call them Monday. The website says tough shit on returns, but also that the blems are cosmetic only....

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks like shit.  Whether or not it affects function I don't know, but it's definitely going to peel copper worse than one with a good finish.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like shit.  Whether or not it affects function I don't know, but it's definitely going to peel copper worse than one with a good finish.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Just tooling marks should be fine.  I was expecting way worse that is not really rough at all.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'm looking at that properly... the portion of the barrel that has the most contact with the actual bullet looks smooth.
If the lands are smooth and nicely shaped on their corners, the rough bottom of the grooves shouldn't really matter much.

How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A new version of microgroove rifling?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put an Agency level 1 barrel in my Glock 34, just shot a 2 day class and everyone was impressed how accurate it was.

That being said, I haven't looked close at the rifling, I don't know if it looks like that or not.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I didn't try it out today as I had hoped as I will be calling them tomorrow.  I looked at my Storm Lake nitrided barrel in my G34 and the lands/grooves are mirror smooth, they look like the lands in the pic I posted, no tooling marks what so ever anywhere.
I will post an update after I contact them.

Edit to add that this was a G19 Premier Black Nitrided barrel.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
In all seriousness.......So you bought a blem barrel and found the blem or was there a different blem?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In all seriousness.......So you bought a blem barrel and found the blem or was there a different blem?
View Quote
Their blem sales are for cosmetic issues only.

OP, let us know how it shoots. It might shoot just fine, I've seen worse looking bores shoot good enough for government work.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OP, let us know how it shoots. It might shoot just fine, I've seen worse looking bores shoot good enough for government work.
View Quote
That's where my question lies.  If the barrel shoots as expected I would consider that cosmetic blems.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just put an Agency level 1 barrel in my Glock 34, just shot a 2 day class and everyone was impressed how accurate it was.

That being said, I haven't looked close at the rifling, I don't know if it looks like that or not.
View Quote
Would you mind checking out your rifling and see if it resembles mine at all?

Quoted:
View Quote
Barrel looks great, except the feed ramp and crown that are supposed to be polished and are not(could care alittle less, but worth noting), and the rifling that looks like shit.  Fit and external finish are very nice.   I do reload and have shot lead in the past.  I'd hate to shoot lead through this barrel.

Quoted:

View Quote
After thinking about it, I decided to wait to shoot it till after I called just in case there were any issues with me using the barrel before calling.  If they tell me to fuck sand,  I'll shoot it and see how it does, then probably get a Storm Lake replacement.

Thanks again for the replies,  I appreciate everyone's time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be happy to look for you. But, it might be a day our two. My gear is a mess after the class. I will check as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Barrel looks great, except the feed ramp and crown that are supposed to be polished and are not(could care alittle less, but worth noting), and the rifling that looks like shit.  Fit and external finish are very nice.   I do reload and have shot lead in the past.  I'd hate to shoot lead through this barrel.

After thinking about it, I decided to wait to shoot it till after I called just in case there were any issues with me using the barrel before calling.  If they tell me to fuck sand,  I'll shoot it and see how it does, then probably get a Storm Lake replacement.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked and my barrel looks pretty much the same. I say shoot it and don't worry. The one I have shoots lights out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine looks the same. I'm not worried.

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine looks the same. I'm not worried.

http://i66.tinypic.com/rjlfms.jpg
View Quote
That is one nice pistol, thank you all again.  I got in contact with Agency and sent them some pics, they said it's fine.  I'll shoot it and report back then.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I know this is off topic and I apologize but how long did they take to ship the barrel to you?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know this is off topic and I apologize but how long did they take to ship the barrel to you?
View Quote
Sure thing, it took 1 day to ship from ordering, and 2 days to get here.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmm I ordered mine on Friday and still has not shipped.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I forgot to add on mine, it wasn't a blem. Mine came from MidwayUSA. Only place I could find a 34 barrel in stock.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Got to shoot the barrel today, seems as accurate or slightly more accurate as the stock barrel.  I measured it compared to the stock, the hood was longer and the chamber tighter.  Deffinitely surprised me considering the look of the rifling.  It also mic'd better than a storm lake barrel, didn't bring it with me.  I would definitely call about the barrel not being shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top