Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 6:06:10 PM EDT
I just picked up a 43 Talo with the Ameriglo sights. It shoots 4" to the left at 20 yards consistently with all the ammo I try. The sights look to be installed properly. My 42 shoots dead nuts at 20 yards as well as my non glocks.

I know it is a SD gun and I don't plan on getting into any 20 yard gun fights, but I would like to see what others think. Should I deal with it or just shoot it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you had another shooter shoot it?  Hook more finger on the trigger?  Rear sight not centered or front sight not straight?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was mine I'd be drifting that rear sight. Won't take much.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
drift the rear sight a touch...or maybe it's you
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you had another shooter shoot it?  Hook more finger on the trigger?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Have you had another shooter shoot it?  Hook more finger on the trigger?
I have plenty of buddies that would love to put a few mags through it. I will get some more data.

Quoted:
If it was mine I'd be drifting that rear sight. Won't take much.
Quoted:
drift the rear sight a touch...or maybe it's you
yeah. This is what I am thinking too (drift the sights a bit). Thanks for the input. I love the gun, so I will be keeping it and I don't think this warrants a trip back to Glock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Try shooting it left handed
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
How many shots and what size groups?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try shooting it left handed
View Quote
then itll shoot to the right

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The sights are centered per calipers.

This morning I noticed the front blade is loose rotating left and right .005-.010".
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm able to do really well with all my glocks.   I'm a competent IDPA shooter, even at the further targets...

And i had to drift my rear sight so far to the right that it sits flush with the end of the slide, on my g43, for it to be accurate.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The sights are centered per calipers.

This morning I noticed the front blade is loose rotating left and right .005-.010".
View Quote
This happened to my 19 ...  use a bit of locktite on the screw it will keep it in place.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock rear sights are windage adjustable. Move the rear sight to the right if you want move your impact right. To the left if you need to go left.

Because the sight radius is so short very little movement is need to move the impact a lot. Probably less than 1/16" in your case.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I shoot terribly left with my G43, but I still carry it. Got out to the range Tuesday and put another 150 rounds through it. I'm getting better, but I'm not shooting past 7 yards at this time. My right hand grip is pretty firm and my left arm is straight - both arms pretty much extended. It's getting easier to hit accurately with, but my groups really need to tighten.

Unless it hits left out of a ransom rest, you won't know for sure if the gun is off. It is most likely you. The G43 is unforgivable in the accuracy department. Definitely tough to make hits with at distance.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I shoot terribly left with my G43, but I still carry it. Got out to the range Tuesday and put another 150 rounds through it. I'm getting better, but I'm not shooting past 7 yards at this time. My right hand grip is pretty firm and my left arm is straight - both arms pretty much extended. It's getting easier to hit accurately with, but my groups really need to tighten.

Unless it hits left out of a ransom rest, you won't know for sure if the gun is off. It is most likely you. The G43 is unforgivable in the accuracy department. Definitely tough to make hits with at distance.
View Quote
I have a hard time getting a consistent grip with my left hand, causing erratic shots to the left. When I focus and really crank my left hand I'm dead on. Same with any single stack subcompact.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I drifted the rear sight to the right about .020-.025". 5 shot groups are all around point of aim. It might still be an inch left at 20 yards, but at defense distances it will be fine.

I like the G43 more every time I shoot it.

I know nothing about Glocks, a friend today pointed out this Talo edition has a minus connector and a few other goodies. Great deal for $435 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a hard time getting a consistent grip with my left hand, causing erratic shots to the left. When I focus and really crank my left hand I'm dead on. Same with any single stack subcompact.
View Quote
Will load pics when I get home, but I was having shit luck with my M&P Shield. Never had an issue with any handgun I picked up.
Left handed, right eye dominant shooter..
7yds, was 3-4in low/right. Very scattered grouping. Took my time, no improvement. Since this was going to be my carry gun, I ran 150 rounds of  HSTs through it. Pretty much POA/POI What the hell. Shoot right handed. Pretty much POA/POI. So only plinking ammo (various gr, brands, I ran over 400 rounds that range trip) does weird shit.
Go buy a G43, out the box 1000% better. Feels better, POA/POI good up to 15yds or so both hands any ammo.
I am a test group of 1, but that's my story.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Will load pics when I get home, but I was having shit luck with my M&P Shield. Never had an issue with any handgun I picked up.
Left handed, right eye dominant shooter..
7yds, was 3-4in low/right. Very scattered grouping. Took my time, no improvement. Since this was going to be my carry gun, I ran 150 rounds of  HSTs through it. Pretty much POA/POI What the hell. Shoot right handed. Pretty much POA/POI. So only plinking ammo (various gr, brands, I ran over 400 rounds that range trip) does weird shit.
Go buy a G43, out the box 1000% better. Feels better, POA/POI good up to 15yds or so both hands any ammo.
I am a test group of 1, but that's my story.
View Quote
Funny you should say that. I usually go to the range with Blazer aluminum. This last time, I had some Blazer brass and Remington. Groups tightened up when I switched to brass and hit closer to center. Probably something to be said for brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Funny you should say that. I usually go to the range with Blazer aluminum. This last time, I had some Blazer brass and Remington. Groups tightened up when I switched to brass and hit closer to center. Probably something to be said for brass cased ammo.
View Quote
@FP2000H
I wish it was that easy, well it sort of is but not quite at the level of your experience.
All the ammo I ran thru was brass. Geco, Federal, Blazer and I think I had some WWB left.
So instead of being picky with aluminum, mine only wants Booshie HST ammo to eat
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I enjoy shooting my G43 but out of the box it sucked.  I had to install a Ghost connector and drift my rear sight, now it is dead on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top