Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2017 3:25:57 PM EDT
Anyone have a lead on these?  I know they were coming back for the summer but I'm having no luck.

Any leads?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I called the two blue label dealers in my area (VA) and none are in stock yet.   One only has the 17 with the front serrations. The other dealer is waiting for blue label product to come in and I also asked about the OD Green and they said they don't plan to stock them.  

I own a Gen4 17C and 19C from the run last fall, grab them while you can, they are great!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag. Waiting to find a G17C Gen 4
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My local point blank has 5 17c's in stock. Not sure if you have one by you in IL. I know they have some near Chicago.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a Gen4 17C and 19C from the run last fall, grab them while you can, they are great!
View Quote
^this
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#5]
gun prime has a good bit in stock of both. $550 though...personally Id never carry one or even think about a C gun for any defensive. Just the range for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind....
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#7]
There are a bunch of both models on gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
gun prime has a good bit in stock of both. $550 though...personally Id never carry one or even think about a C gun for any defensive. Just the range for obvious reasons.
View Quote
My buddy used one at a low light class and had absolutely no problems with it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL, have you even shot one?  I have shot mine at night, qualified with it, carried it on duty.  I did not even get blinded, burn my eyebrows or contribute to light pollution.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I could see it being flashy with the wrong type of ammo, SIG ammo puts a good flash out of the front of my guns so I could see it lighting up a C. But I've shot my C with federal/ppu/my reloads with no flash at all indoors and outside at night.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Been waiting on these to drop Blue label at my local dealers all summer.  They don't have any ETA.  I'll keep waiting...

Ironically they have plenty of the "summer special" front serrations model lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#12]
EDIT: got mine on the way!  my FFL just found one yesterday :)
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Been waiting on these to drop Blue label at my local dealers all summer.  They don't have any ETA.  I'll keep waiting...

Ironically they have plenty of the "summer special" front serrations model lol
View Quote
I was told the summer specials will not be on the blue label program.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Found some.  Ordered both!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Not interested in one but it's good to see Glock bringing back additional offerings. Now they need to release the M or Gen 5 with no finger grooves I'm tired of breaking out the Dremel everytime I buy a new Glock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never shot one or seen one on the range.

Has anyone timed falling plates, presidente or some other standard gladiator school drill to tell me the difference between a standard and compensated G19?  

wonder if it catches up with a long slide G17 or similar?

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Low light wouldn't be my main concern with carrying a "C" model Glock, curious if he did any shooting from retention?  More than likely not...... would be my guess.  Just because someone can use it for a "class", doesn't mean it's the correct choice for carry/defense.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Low light wouldn't be my main concern with carrying a "C" model Glock, curious if he did any shooting from retention?  More than likely not...... would be my guess.  Just because someone can use it for a "class", doesn't mean it's the correct choice for carry/defense.
View Quote
What exactly do you think a pistol caliber compensated barrel is going to throw at you when you shoot from retention that could be so catastrophic that it would impede your ability to use it?  Either way, if someone is actively trying to kill you, I don't think a little powder or blast is going to be a concern.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#19]
It vents gas and powder and in a defensive situation you aren't likely to have eye protection on, it should be a consideration.

I'm sure that was covered in all the "classes" you've taken, was it not?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It vents gas and powder and in a defensive situation you aren't likely to have eye protection on, it should be a consideration.

View Quote
I would not stick my eyeball over the vent hole.  But I did carry one on duty, qualified with it, still have it and it runs great.  It really tames +P+ 9mm and is gets back on target with a quickness.   The last thing in a defensive situation I would be worried about is the ports.  I have had revolvers spit far more shit at me than my comped glocks.

And for the ops original post my local dealer has not seen them yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw them at several local shops both this/last weekend.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've got a 19C.  The vents are not a huge deal.  If I shoot it from retention I rotate my wrist slightly but it's not an issue.   Do you worry about the cylinder gap on a revolver?   It's noisier than a normal 19, but recoils straight back instead of having muzzle flip.  So much so that w/ a full auto conversion on the back it stays flat.  You can dump a 33 round mag COM on a B27 at 10 yards in one long burst easy.   
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah. "Covered" plenty.

It's not an issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I think this has been answered somewhere else in last few months, but what if any velocity loss is there w the compensated G17 and G19?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a non issue from retention.  If you hold it straight up you feel a bit of hot air coming past your face.  Tilt it about 45 degrees to the side and you have no hot air.  Either works at the range you will be shooting from retention.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think this has been answered somewhere else in last few months, but what if any velocity loss is there w the compensated G17 and G19?
View Quote
Negligible at best. I believe it was about 50 to 100 FPS. If that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top