Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 2:59:25 PM EDT
well after my last post I put the stock striker spring back in and all the light primer strikes went away.
so now at the range today I had ejection issues... the casings were being ejected right back at my face, and I had two failure to extract. this is the stock spring, gun has a few thousand rounds through it... should i replace the extracor spring with just a stock one or do they make some heavier spring for more possitive extraction?  reason I'm asking is the Glock 23 I had ejected the casings off the ceiling and 4 lanes over...

ETA:  this is a Gen 3
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ejector spring should do it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
no its in right...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you put the extractor spring assembly in backwards?

The metal rod should be touching the back of the extractor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Erratic ejection seems to be the norm with G19s in recent years. There are a few things you can try.

Replace the extractor, depressor plunger, spring, and spring load bearing with known OEM parts.

Replace the extractor and spring with Apex parts and the spring load bearing with the OEM non-LCI version.

Replace the depressor plunger, spring, and spring load bearing with a White Sound Defense HRED.

Try different combinations of the above.

My solution was to switch to G17s.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ejector spring should do it.
View Quote
30274 ejector really helped mine. My gen 3 ejected straight back until I did this and kept the slide open every night for a couple weeks. I was told by Glock their pistols are built to NATO specs and our 115 gr isn't hot enough early in life. I believe that because all my +p rounds fired fine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

30274 ejector really helped mine. My gen 3 ejected straight back until I did this and kept the slide open every night for a couple weeks. I was told by Glock their pistols are built to NATO specs and our 115 gr isn't hot enough early in life. I believe that because all my +p rounds fired fine.
View Quote
I replaced all my G19 Gen-3 ejectors with the later Gen-4 30274 ejector. It helped a lot. As stated above, I hope the ejection pattern gets even better with break-in wear. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#9]
OK.. so it's the ejector not the extractor...

if I order the gen 4 trigger housing should i drop the whole thing in or just use the ejector from it and install it in my gen 3 housing?  sorry about the stupid questions but I am learning these glocks daily at this point!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Erratic ejection seems to be the norm with G19s in recent years. There are a few things you can try.

Replace the extractor, depressor plunger, spring, and spring load bearing with known OEM parts.

Replace the extractor and spring with Apex parts and the spring load bearing with the OEM non-LCI version.

Replace the depressor plunger, spring, and spring load bearing with a White Sound Defense HRED.

Try different combinations of the above.

My solution was to switch to G17s.
View Quote
Absolutely this!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK.. so it's the ejector not the extractor...

if I order the gen 4 trigger housing should i drop the whole thing in or just use the ejector from it and install it in my gen 3 housing?  sorry about the stupid questions but I am learning these glocks daily at this point!
View Quote
The Gen 4 housing will not fit in a Gen 3 so you'll have to pull the ejector and install it in your housing. Does your ejector have the number 336 on it? Also, you said you were having failures to extract and that will not be fixed with a new ejector.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to perfection.

As already stated:

White Sound Defense HRED
30274 ejector
Apex extractor
Any combination of that stuff that makes it work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Gen 4 housing will not fit in a Gen 3 so you'll have to pull the ejector and install it in your housing. Does your ejector have the number 336 on it? Also, you said you were having failures to extract and that will not be fixed with a new ejector.
View Quote
^This^

I watched a couple of YT videos on this, but it is not difficult at all. First, when you get the new Gen-4 trigger housing, take a small flat blade screwdriver, or similar tool, and push the back side of the 30274 ejector forward to get it started. Next, take a pair of pliers, with electrical tape on the jaws, if don't want to scratch the ejector, and grab the front part of the ejector and pull it out. Next, take a punch of correct size/Glock tool and remove the rear pin in the frame. It moves pretty easy. Next, push the Gen-3 trigger housing upward just enough to see the back side of the ejector. Take the small flat blade screwdriver, or similar tool, and push the back side of the 336 ejector forward to get it started (just like when you removed the 30274 ejector). Next, take a pair of pliers, with electrical tape on the jaws, if don't want to scratch the old ejector, and grab the front part of the ejector and pull it out, all while you secure the trigger housing as it is pushed upward. Once you get it started moving with the screw-driver it pulls out pretty easy. You may have to keep upward pressure on the trigger housing, but you don't have remove it completely; just push it up far enough to remove and replace the ejector. 

Next, keep upward pressure on the rear trigger housing, insert the new 30274 ejector into the slot and push it all the way in; you can get it most of the way in with just hand pressure. I used the plastic handle of the small screwdriver to push it in until it bottomed out in the housing. I've done 4 of these already. 

Good luck!  
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
thanks, yeh mine is the 336
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top