Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 14 in the 12 rounder with the Ghost +2. Worked fine with the stock spring. I also tried to use Magguts system in the 43 7 rounder. The follower doesn't fit in the body. So I figured I'll just use it in the factory 6 round mag. The spring doesn't have enough tension to push the last round up in time for the slide to push the round into the chamber. All the ETS mags have worked without a bobble. 7, 9 and 12 round.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
3rd time using my (4) 12s (250 rounds today, 700 rounds total out of these) and they started falling out of the gun during firing.

First 50 rounds was 147HST

I think not sure, the shock from recoil is causing the weight of a loaded mag to slap back and forth inside the grip because it drops instantly after firing a shot.

No, I am not riding the mag release and the mag release is working properly because that was my first concern. I burned up my carry ammo that was in 4 factory mags to prove it.

I drove home with NO AMMO, I felt compromised

Curious if anyone has had this issue?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That shouldn't happen. I personally tested 3000 rounds of 147HST and never had a mag fall out.

Is your mag catch stock?

I would think if the rocking action from recoil we causing it to walk lose it would take more than one round to fall out....
View Quote
Hard to explain why factory mags work 100% but i'll test more Friday if I can stop at the range during my lunch hour.

I may be doing something wrong but I don't know what it could be.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Added a glock pinky extension to one of my ETS 7rd mags, I like it. Think I'll add a couple more to my other mags.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Went shooting today.

I installed the factory mag release and shot each fully loaded mag 1 time with no issues.

Then I installed the Tango Down Vickers Tactical GEN 4 Extended Magazine Catch GMR-006-43 and the mags started dropping while firing again.

At this point I can only assume <MY> Tango Down mag catch is in some way out of spec that effects my ETS mags. Glock mags have always and still work fine with the TD mag catch.

I can only speak for my setup.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I received my ETS Glock 43 & 42 seven round mags two weeks ago today.  I had to leave town for a couple weeks but I loaded both seven round mags to full capacity and let them set loaded till today.  I unloaded and reloaded the mags a couple times.  I then loaded seven rounds of 95 grain FMJ loaded with Accurate # 2 into my Glock 42 ETS mag.   I proceeded to fire the pistol with the ETS mags without issue.  I shot three completely full mags through my Glock 42 without a malfunction.  The ETS G-42 mag is easy to load and is easy to lock in the mag well.  ETS G-42 mag appears to be gtg.

I then loaded seven rounds of Xtreme 115 grain plated round nose handloaded with Titegroup.  The G-43 ETS seven round mag is a little harder to load than the G-42 seven round mag but the G-43 mag locked into the mag well and fed the top round into the chamber without issue.  I proceeded to shoot two fully loaded ETS G-43 mags without issue.

I'll probably shoot some defensive ammo in the ETS mags but I'll be surprised if they don't run 100%.  I always carry my G-42 & 43 with six rounds in the factory mag with flat base plate with one round in the chamber.   I'll probably start carrying the ETS seven round mags once I put a few rounds of my carry ammo through them.

Thanks ETS for bringing these to market.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a brief range session with my G42 and two each of the 7, 9 and 12 round mags. I had one malfunction with a 12 rounder, but I think I rode the slide stop, which caused it.

Great mags, I will be buying more!

ETA, I loaded them using my full size LULA and left them loaded for about two weeks prior to range session
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My new 43/17 mags are amazing. Zero problems with them and are cool looking.
 Guy's at the range always ask; but are they "strong enough". I just tell them" no issue's so far".
    I think my "mag loader" is fast and fun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Went shooting today.

I installed the factory mag release and shot each fully loaded mag 1 time with no issues.

Then I installed the Tango Down Vickers Tactical GEN 4 Extended Magazine Catch GMR-006-43 and the mags started dropping while firing again.

At this point I can only assume <MY> Tango Down mag catch is in some way out of spec that effects my ETS mags. Glock mags have always and still work fine with the TD mag catch.

I can only speak for my setup.
View Quote
Sounds like a classic example of 'tolerance stacking' biting you in the rear.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, I have your new mag loader. I have to "guard" it because some people have already tried to steal it!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Here is an explanation for you...

An OEM glock 42/43 mag can almost fit 7 rounds. For the sake of this conversation lets say it can hold 6 and a half (6.5) rounds. So we use this extra space along with some tweaks to make our mags hold their respective rounds (7,9, and 12) rounds. The aftermarket mag extensions are designed to utilize that half round space in the OEM mag. So a plus 1 is really only adding enough space for a half round, and that combined with with extra space in the OEM mag will get you to 7. It is not actually adding enough room for an entire extra round. So for this reason, many mag extensions will be -1 of their respective addition when used on our mags. For example a plus 1 will still only get you 7 on our 7 round mag. A plus 2 will get you to 8 on our seven round mag. And so on..
View Quote
So the pearse plus 1 will not give you 8 on 7 round mag?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Correct. They don't actually give plus one. They give a half round...
View Quote
But should be no issue using Pearce or any base plate meant for glock mags on yours?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

An OEM glock 42/43 mag can almost fit 7 rounds. For the sake of this conversation lets say it can hold 6 and a half (6.5) rounds. So we use this extra space along with some tweaks to make our mags hold their respective rounds (7,9, and 12) rounds. The aftermarket mag extensions are designed to utilize that half round space in the OEM mag. So a plus 1 is really only adding enough space for a half round, and that combined with with extra space in the OEM mag will get you to 7. It is not actually adding enough room for an entire extra round. So for this reason, many mag extensions will be -1 of their respective addition when used on our mags. For example a plus 1 will still only get you 7 on our 7 round mag. A plus 2 will get you to 8 on our seven round mag. And so on..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked up a 9rnd and two 12rnd mags yesterday.

The vickers/tangodown +2 fits but was only able to get 13 in the 12rnd using the vickers base and retainer. Looked like the follower hit the base retainer or spring bound on it.

Not sure when I'll get to test them.

This information would have been helpful before I put my meager order in.  With a TT +1, I could just about jam the 8th round in.  But impossible to rack the slide back.  Opted to leave the TT +1 in place for the little extra grip they give.  I haven't checked your website recently, but earlier claims were that the mags would fit most/all aftermarket base plates.  But, omitted that the +whatever extension wouldn't give all extra rounds.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some extensions do give the extra rounds, some don't. We haven't tested any of them. Our philosophy is to make longer mags for reasons of strength and durability.

The point I am trying to make here is that we didn't test them so until we get feedback from users we don't know if a particular extension will give the plus rounds. We aren't trying to be difficult here just tying to get everyone to understand that we make mags. We aren't in the aftermarket extension business.

And just to be clear on the claims, all base plates that fit OEM mags will fit our mags. It isn't our fault, nor our responsibility to ensure that another company's parts will add extra rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This information would have been helpful before I put my meager order in.  With a TT +1, I could just about jam the 8th round in.  But impossible to rack the slide back.  Opted to leave the TT +1 in place for the little extra grip they give.  I haven't checked your website recently, but earlier claims were that the mags would fit most/all aftermarket base plates.  But, omitted that the +whatever extension wouldn't give all extra rounds.
Some extensions do give the extra rounds, some don't. We haven't tested any of them. Our philosophy is to make longer mags for reasons of strength and durability.

The point I am trying to make here is that we didn't test them so until we get feedback from users we don't know if a particular extension will give the plus rounds. We aren't trying to be difficult here just tying to get everyone to understand that we make mags. We aren't in the aftermarket extension business.

And just to be clear on the claims, all base plates that fit OEM mags will fit our mags. It isn't our fault, nor our responsibility to ensure that another company's parts will add extra rounds.
Then change the way you advertise the mags because the claim is "compatibility".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Any new upcoming coupons?

I missed this last one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No, "compatable" means a floorplate from a third party designed to fit on a factory Glock mag will also fit ON the ETS mag. It does not necessarily mean it will function the same. It is impossible and absurd to think that ETS is responsible for determining the proper function (+1, +2, etc) of third party floor plates. The floorplate manufacturer should determine and specify if their product will work on ETS mags.
View Quote
The expectation was that a +whatever extension (in this case a TT +1) would be +1, not +.5  Oh well.  I guess I'll do a better job of reading between the lines next time instead of beta testing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Excellent response. I appreciate that I don't have to buy a glock mag AND an extension to get 7 rounds. And if I want more than that I can get a 9 or 12 round mag only.  Again no extension. Thank you for your excellent mags and customer service. Btw I am still abusing the crap out of my glock 19 mags and they just won't quit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a Pearce plus one waiting for my 7 round mag.  We will see how it pans out but the plus 1 on a stock mag leaves about 1/4 round worth of room. I'm estimating I will have 7 and 3/4 worth of room in the ets 7 rounder with the Pearce plus 1. Makes sense how ets explained the plus 1.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone thinks you are crazy for your thought process. The problem here is that the extension makers designed their extensions to utilize that extra space in the OEM glock mag. As stated in my other post, many extensions that advertise +1 are actually only +0.5 . Now there is no blame here they designed their extensions to work with OEM mags. We designed our mags to work with anything that fits on an OEM mag. No companies are trying to deceive anyone this is what happens sometimes when multiple aftermarket items from different companies come together.

To complicate matters some extensions give their advertisers number so we cannot make a blanket statement hat you won't get your advertised plus number because that's not always true. And honestly as stated before, we have no interest in trying all of them to sort it out.

The reason I have taken this much time to respond here is because in your earlier post you accused us of "omitting" this information as if we were trying to mislead people. I understand that you may not have meant it that way but I must respond strongly when someone accused us of dishonesty. We absolutely do our best to be the exact opposite...

If you are in any way dissatisfied with your purchase of our mags please feel free to return them. We always offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I am hoping that like the mags despite them not giving you that extra round(because we already gave it to you in the magazine itself) so you wouldn't need to spend more $ on mag extensions than the actual mag costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The expectation was that a +whatever extension (in this case a TT +1) would be +1, not +.5  Oh well.  I guess I'll do a better job of reading between the lines next time instead of beta testing.
I don't think anyone thinks you are crazy for your thought process. The problem here is that the extension makers designed their extensions to utilize that extra space in the OEM glock mag. As stated in my other post, many extensions that advertise +1 are actually only +0.5 . Now there is no blame here they designed their extensions to work with OEM mags. We designed our mags to work with anything that fits on an OEM mag. No companies are trying to deceive anyone this is what happens sometimes when multiple aftermarket items from different companies come together.

To complicate matters some extensions give their advertisers number so we cannot make a blanket statement hat you won't get your advertised plus number because that's not always true. And honestly as stated before, we have no interest in trying all of them to sort it out.

The reason I have taken this much time to respond here is because in your earlier post you accused us of "omitting" this information as if we were trying to mislead people. I understand that you may not have meant it that way but I must respond strongly when someone accused us of dishonesty. We absolutely do our best to be the exact opposite...

If you are in any way dissatisfied with your purchase of our mags please feel free to return them. We always offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I am hoping that like the mags despite them not giving you that extra round(because we already gave it to you in the magazine itself) so you wouldn't need to spend more $ on mag extensions than the actual mag costs.
I appreciate the response.  Not accusing anyone of omitting info to intentionally mislead.  I responded on the first page of this thread expressing interest in using a TT +1.  When the mags became available I purchased some and found, to my mild dismay, that it did not work.  Couple months later, the thread revives and there's an explanation of how and why a +whatever extension may not yield X number of rounds.  I suppose we could argue the semantics of "compatible" and "functional".   I believe that one perception of compatibility would be that an extension to your mags would be basically one for one.  Or, maybe not.  If they are to be described as compatible (which they are) then that compatibility should be qualified as it relates to function.  Trust me, this isn't a hill I intend to die on.

The mags are neat looking and 7 rounds in a flush fitting mag is great.  I've been carrying the ETS 7 round with a TT +1 installed despite not fitting the 8th round because I like the extra grip that the extension gives.  What I'll likely to do is put the TT back on the Glock mag and pick up a standard pinky extension.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Got my 7 and 9rnd mags. I like them, and work flawlessly. I can confirm the pearce plus 1 will not add an extra round but is a good fit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
What are the dimensions of the G43 7, 9, and 12 round magazines?
How are you guys carrying your spare magazine(s)?

I'm bouncing between using a 1911 vertical mag carrier, (but I really dont like vertical mag carriers. I carry my spare mags on my duty belt horizontally and want to do the same with off duty carry as well), or sliding two spare mags into my front pocket.

I've been carrying my G43 with TLR6 quite a bit lately and I honestly think it's my favorite carry gun now. I just need to find a good horizontal spare mag carrier for my G43 mags. Ideally, it would work with either the 9 or the 12 round ETS magazines.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just need to find a good horizontal spare mag carrier for my G43 mags. Ideally, it would work with either the 9 or the 12 round ETS magazines.
View Quote
Check out Wilderness and Bawidaman for horizontal mag pouches. I like a horizontal OWB pouch as well for an AIWB carry gun. Doesn't poke me in belly as much!
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Any chance of an X-Griptm type thing to go with the 9 round mags?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Figures....I order mags directly from ETS, and three days later, Primary Arms has a sale on them...

If you're looking for a deal, that's the place right now folks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

X-grip needs to partner w/ you guys to provide a "slide-on-the-ETS-mag" grip filler.
View Quote
This for the 42/43 and I'll buy. (The clear looks brutal.) Great to have more options though, well done.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine magazines came in a few days ago.

I ordered:

Two 7 rd
Four 9 rd
Four 12 rd

I put 250 rounds of Winchester white box through the magazines. I had one failure to eject of the first round fired,(9 rd mag fully loaded with one in the chamber), and one round that just would not chamber. There were no further issues.

These magazines are good to go.

I find the 12 rd magazines to be too long for CCW. I prefer the 9 rd magazines for that and will keep the 12 rd magazines for range purposes.

Good job ETS!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I've put more rounds through mine so far the 7rd ones have been 100% reliable added Pearce pinky extension to a couple. I've had a few issues with last round not chambering on I think 2 of the 12rd ones.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top