Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2017 10:28:06 PM EDT
I just bought a Shadow Bronze ceracoated Glock.  The thing is beautiful and shoots like a Glock, even ejection is dead consistent so far.  The only thing I've noticed: in my other new G4 Glocks is a copper colored compound on the guide track for the connector that is on the slide...it's missing on the ceracoated G19.  I assume it isn't critical, that whatever company did the ceracoating just didn't reapply it///I'm certain it wasn't Glock...since the entire pistol is ceracoated, frame and all.  They did a nice job of it...looks as good as my LWRCs.

Can I just put some grease on that guide track and call it good?  What does that copper colored compound do...is it a lapping compound of some sort?  Is it completely necessary?

Anyhow...I appreciate any insight from the hive...

~CB
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just factory protective grease.  Apply your own favorite brand.

ETA:  I've started using CherryBalmz in general, seems like good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just had one of my Glock 19 slides Cerakoted. The refinishing folks did a very nice job, but it came back dry as a bone. I took a q-tip and applied some gun grease in the slide channels. It shoots great, and all is well. 

Congratulations on your new Glock!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
No worries. It's not a Glock recommended lube point. Just lube per your manual with a quality gun oil and enjoy your pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top