Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 12:54:52 PM EDT
Excuse me for the lengthy post but I want to provide as much detailed information as possible. I own a Lone Wolf G34. It is a complete Lone Wolf build. Recently I bought a Carver Customs C-More mount to add to the pistol. While adding it I was awaiting a recoil spring screw for my ISMI guide rod since the screw fell out (essentially making it an uncaptured guide rod) to come in the mail. Well I was in a rush just to see how the pistol would look complete so I slid the bare slide onto the pistol without the barrel or recoil spring. As many of you know (and I didn't at the time), this made the slide difficult to remove. Before removing the back plate and the slide internals to remove the slide I tried to remove it the normal way. This didn't work but I did exert a good amount of forward force on the slide to try to get it off. I didn't hammer it or bang on it, and it didn't feel as if there was any give or bending of internal parts. This is just to provide some context and all available information as to maybe why it is acting the way it is now. Needless to say, after putting it all back together now the pistol does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gam_nCYwFe4

I'm aware it's missing the trigger housing pin, I lost it while adding the C-More mount (I took a lot of L's on this day, obviously). Rest assured when I swapped my G26 trigger housing pin in it it still acted the same way. I also tried swapping trigger groups between this and the G26 to see if that was the issue and the LW Ultimate Adjustable Trigger would not fit in my G26 and vice versa. It appeared that the trigger housing was interfering with the fit with each pistol. Here are some pics of the frame internals. If any of you have any idea what is going on, or need more info/pics/videos please let me know as at this point I don't know what's wrong. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are the pics:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMxTZPz39OxuuLdp2QkJFsgEpkFSyLqRSpImmEh
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNRYgQOAMDQS9W4kYefuAHwkRpR9-Ygy2yyfFNJ
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMAIFLBbuyNdHky7qOnl_xqGUo0JGvbNRc4cdAK
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
edited; warning sent - AJE
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Excuse me for the lengthy post but I want to provide as much detailed information as possible. I own a Lone Wolf G34. It is a complete Lone Wolf build. Recently I bought a Carver Customs C-More mount to add to the pistol. While adding it I was awaiting a recoil spring screw for my ISMI guide rod since the screw fell out (essentially making it an uncaptured guide rod) to come in the mail. Well I was in a rush just to see how the pistol would look complete so I slid the bare slide onto the pistol without the barrel or recoil spring. As many of you know (and I didn't at the time), this made the slide difficult to remove. Before removing the back plate and the slide internals to remove the slide I tried to remove it the normal way. This didn't work but I did exert a good amount of forward force on the slide to try to get it off. I didn't hammer it or bang on it, and it didn't feel as if there was any give or bending of internal parts. This is just to provide some context and all available information as to maybe why it is acting the way it is now. Needless to say, after putting it all back together now the pistol does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gam_nCYwFe4

I'm aware it's missing the trigger housing pin, I lost it while adding the C-More mount (I took a lot of L's on this day, obviously). Rest assured when I swapped my G26 trigger housing pin in it it still acted the same way. I also tried swapping trigger groups between this and the G26 to see if that was the issue and the LW Ultimate Adjustable Trigger would not fit in my G26 and vice versa. It appeared that the trigger housing was interfering with the fit with each pistol. Here are some pics of the frame internals. If any of you have any idea what is going on, or need more info/pics/videos please let me know as at this point I don't know what's wrong. Thanks all.
View Quote

That is the first thing I noticed.  What guide rod spring weight are you using?  What striker spring weight are you using?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Tech forum not GD!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The guide rod spring is the standard 17 pounder. The striker spring is Lone Wolf's 4lb spring. I haven't changed any of the internal parts from before I added the mount to after, so it'd be odd for it to act up now and not ever before. What are you thinking regarding the springs?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking the guide rod spring and striker spring were fighting each other.  This happens when the guide rod spring it to light and the striker spring is to heavy the striker spring can pull the slide out of battery but you seems to have it the other way on weight so nix that.  The other thing it could be is the pin missing is allowing the trigger bar to travel to far backwards and not back and down pushing the slide out of battery.  Or possibly the striker block is not depressing and the trigger bar is pressing against the striker block.

First you need to install the missing pin.  Second if that does not correct it remove the striker block and spring temporarily to see if that corrects the issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Put the trigger pin back in and take another video.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another video with the trigger pin back in. When you say striker block and spring, do you mean the striker safety and the striker spring? The whole striker assembly? Please clarify. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7keUFofPu0c
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]

This is a striker block and under it is a small spring.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
edited - AJE

My apologies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, removed the striker block and spring, still having same issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you compare your trigger bar to a stock trigger bar....?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
edited - AJE
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an OEM 19.4 trigger bar I could send you if you want to try it and see.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have the stock trigger to throw in?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow that's really grateful of you but these Lone Wolf's are modeled after Gen 3s. So I do have a completely stock G26 trigger but the trigger mechanism housing (Part 35 here:https://www.midwayusa.com/general.mvc/index/Schematics~FullSizeGlock) is preventing the triggers from interchanging. I find this odd but don't want to force or hammer them in so I haven't pushed it. I could try swapping out the trigger bars and get back to you all. Are you speculating that the trigger bar is bent too far upward or something like that? I dug relatively hard on the Internet looking for anyone who had a similar issue and had no luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#17]
If the G26 is a Gen3 also, it should just drop in.

Those Lone Wolf triggers are fully adjustable; I'd remove it, take it apart, and start from scratch with the adjustments.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
That's what I was thinking. While visually there doesn't seem to be any damage or warping of parts, I don't see how the G26 trigger group doesn't fit in the LW frame nor the LW trigger in the G26 if everything was right.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Sometimes they take some pressure to seat (at least in a Glock frame).

The other thing it could be is the is the slide stop. I have an Advantage Arms 22 upper that acts the same way if the slide stop isn't fully seated up. Your's appears to be up all the way seated, but it's worth checking for damage.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger bars are cross-compatible.

ETA I think.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking. While visually there doesn't seem to be any damage or warping of parts, I don't see how the G26 trigger group doesn't fit in the LW frame nor the LW trigger in the G26 if everything was right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You do not have to drop the whole group try just swapping the trigger bar, then connector, and so on it sounds like you have an out of spec part.

Quoted:
Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger bars are cross-compatible.

ETA I think.
Correct.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry for the hiatus I've been traveling. So I feel dumb not catching this sooner but I noticed that the slide channel liner is stuck around the striker spring. I'm 99% sure this is the problem. I assume as I press the trigger and the trigger bar moves rearward it pushes back against the stuck striker, instead of the striker being charged/cocked and moving within the slide since the liner was not letting the spring move. So instead as the trigger bar was moving rearward it was essentially pressing back on the entire slide since the striker assembly was stuck inside it. I'm going to cut the liner off and replace it, then report back if that solves the issue. Thanks for all of the help though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top