BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While love mine, if you are going to compete in IPSC/USPSA I'd go with the G35 in 40 S&W to make major.
When I stopped shooting USPSA I was shooting a G24 to make major.

Mine
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472/92405.JPG
View Quote
I use my G35 both ways. .40 S&W for major power factor scoring in USPSA and sometimes with a 9mm conversion barrel for minor power factor.

Using the G35 in 9 mm is almost cheating because it's a heavier barrel than the G34 (has to match the outside diameter of a .40 barrel) so the 9mm recoil and muzzle rise are less than the G34.

Converting a G24 to 9 mm would be even more soft shooting.

The conversion is fun and the ammunition is cheaper for practice. I find moving back and forth between the two barrels is seamless, minimal differences.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I use my G35 both ways. .40 S&W for major power factor scoring in USPSA and sometimes with a 9mm conversion barrel for minor power factor.

Using the G35 in 9 mm is almost cheating because it's a heavier barrel than the G34 (has to match the outside diameter of a .40 barrel) so the 9mm recoil and muzzle rise are less than the G34.

Converting a G24 to 9 mm would be even more soft shooting.

The conversion is fun and the ammunition is cheaper for practice. I find moving back and forth between the two barrels is seamless, minimal differences.
View Quote
Could you shoot the G35 with 9mm barrel in Production?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Could you shoot the G35 with 9mm barrel in Production?
View Quote
No, not allowed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot the G35 with 9 mm conversion in limited, actually limited 10, since I live in Los Angeles which imposed a ten round magazine limit more than a year ago.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shoot the G35 with 9 mm conversion in limited, actually limited 10, since I live in Los Angeles which imposed a ten round magazine limit more than a year ago.
View Quote
Same boat, I'm in CT.  

I was just wondering if i could shoot it in both Production and Limited 10.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same boat, I'm in CT.  

View Quote
They are strict with production unfortunately. To be fair, as stated it would be an advantage to be able to do so in production.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same boat, I'm in CT.  

View Quote
Sure.  If it's a basically stock G34.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I need a 34 to go with my 35.  

Somebody mentioned their concealability and They can be used for that with a good belt and holster easily.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sure.  If it's a basically stock G34.
View Quote
Not for Production. Sorry but I want to be sure he knows before he is bumped to Open over it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been 2 days without mine and miss it already.  I will have another in the stable soon.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need a 34 to go with my 35.  

Somebody mentioned their concealability and They can be used for that with a good belt and holster easily.
View Quote
To me they carry better than a 17 or 19.  The grip prints more than a 19 obviously, but the long slide keeps it tucked close and it doesn't dig in like a shorter slide.  

I carry in a JM #3 IWB or a Milt Sparks VMII.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I currently have 2 vickers 19s and my carry 19.4. I've been thinking I need a race gun but I don't compete. Ideas???
View Quote
If the question is:  "Do I need a 9mm Glock?"  The answer is, without a doubt, always "yes."
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the question is:  "Do I need a 9mm Glock?"  The answer is, without a doubt, always "yes."
View Quote
Tell me about it lol. I now need sights for the 34. Leaning towards Dawson precision
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Tell me about it lol. I now need sights for the 34. Leaning towards Dawson precision
View Quote
I've been very happy with mine. I got the adjustable version. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I got mine 3 years ago and finally shot it today.  Granted, I"m really rusty but it was a little snappier than I anticipated.  Seemed moreso than my 19, maybe because the slide mass moved slower?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got mine 3 years ago and finally shot it today.  Granted, I"m really rusty but it was a little snappier than I anticipated.  Seemed moreso than my 19, maybe because the slide mass moved slower?
View Quote
dunno, probably any pistol that's foreign to you will feel a little "off".

Recoil impulse and "feel" is hard to quantify
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, kind of hard to describe.  The 34 seemed like a "longer" impulse compared to the 19.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Try shooting with the 34 with 147 grain 9mm. It's practically cheating.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Try shooting with the 34 with 147 grain 9mm. It's practically cheating.
View Quote
Yeah, I was shooting cheap bulk-pack 115.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally taking my G34 to the range tomorrow that I mentioned on the first page. Only thing I changed was the sights to a pair of factory metal ones I had on hand. Nice that it comes with a "-" connector from the factory. One less thing to change out.

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I converted]My gen 3 35 to 9mm with a loan wolf ported and extended barrel and it was the softest shooting 9mm I have ever shot. I may have changed the spring also but I can't remember now. Wish I never sold it!
I hav a NIB gen 3 34 I need to get out one of these days...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I still wonder if the 34 is still relevant now that RMRs are becoming more prevalent. The sivht radius becomes moot, but for some that tailor their loads the extra length barrel might be of some value.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
For those with the G34 are you keeping the stock trigger to getting a new one?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Sight radius is plenty relevant to me as I don't have an RMR.

I keep the trigger stock.  My two 34s do carry and HD duty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm very happy with Warren Tactical 2 dots on mine.  Depends on what you're looking for in sights though.  Just thought I'd throw those out there if you haven't given them a look.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm very happy with Warren Tactical 2 dots on mine.  Depends on what you're looking for in sights though.  Just thought I'd throw those out there if you haven't given them a look.
View Quote
That's what I have on my two 17s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]
My 17.4 and 34.4 feel pretty different, fwiw
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#28]
If you reload shooting a g35 in production is easy.  Minor power factor 40 shoots like a pussy cat.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Got one on the way.

ODG and MOS
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Same, ODG G34 MOS.  I'm glad I have work to distract me from the wait.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Same, ODG G34 MOS.  I'm glad I have work to distract me from the wait.
View Quote
Nice. Glad you got one per our messaging. :D

With as slow as my place is going. You might have gotten yours before I got mine.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, kind of hard to describe.  The 34 seemed like a "longer" impulse compared to the 19.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shorter slide of the G19 seems like it cycles quicker than the long slide on the G34 to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I still wonder if the 34 is still relevant now that RMRs are becoming more prevalent. The sivht radius becomes moot, but for some that tailor their loads the extra length barrel might be of some value.
View Quote
I've had these same thoughts. I am liking my G19 w/ RMR more than my iron sighted G34 at the moment. The small gun is more handy and my eyes are getting older. The doctor claims my vision on paper is amazing, but it's taking a lot more time ad effort to focus on things vs my early 20's.

I had that same G34 running an aftermarket slide with another RMR but I found no advantage to that setup vs the G19/RMR and that aftermarket G34 slide was out of spec, causing FTF's and random small issues. Back to the OEM slide & 100% reliability.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I currently have 2 vickers 19s and my carry 19.4. I've been thinking I need a race gun but I don't compete. Ideas???
View Quote

I would say yes just because you can never have to many guns. When i shot IDPA i used my carry gun which was a G26. I didnt care that everyone had full size guns abd that they were treating it like a real competition.  I treated it like the real world and got points taken away for certain things I did. I do switch back abd fourth between a G26 and G19 for my carry though... i do have a 17 for my night stand when I'm going to bed at night.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top