Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 7:10:55 PM EDT
I decided I should probably get some new sights, as the stock ones kinda suck.

Looking into a set of Truglo with tritium, but I saw a set of ghost ring sights from Amazon, and was curious if anyone has any expereince with them.

The sights would mostly be to have a better view when target shooting, as well as more visibility in the dark.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever shot with them?  They are terrible and obstruct your sight view.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I would second that.

I love ghost rings on hunting rifles and shotguns,  but the eye relief and thickness of the sights themselves dont translate well onto handguns in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
A set of Ameriglo DeFoors would be just right on that 19.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a set of TruGlo TFO's on my G19. While I like them there are a few issues.

First, in medium light, like in a lighted room with no direct light on them, they just look like black sights. Not terrible but not what you get in daylight (FO) or darkness (tritium). Secondly, they shoot high from 7 - 15 yards. You need a 6 o'clock hold at about 2" or more low hold at 7 yards. They are supposed to be POA/POI at 25 yards but I've not tried that.

I have no experience with the ghost ring sights, but they don't sound ideal to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
glock factory steel or factory night sights .. send your slide in stripped get it back all fixed up .. best deal out there
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought a super cheap set to try on an older military surplus pistol since I didn't have much faith in ghost rings on a pistol and I'm glad I didn't spend much money on them. I think I'd shoot with no sights using the corner of the slide like a shotgun rib before I used ghost rings on a handgun again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Learned this the hard way.First glock I ever bought Gen 2 21,bought a set of Aerotech ghost ring sights for it.
One trip to the range and off they came.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Learned this the hard way.First glock I ever bought Gen 2 21,bought a set of Aerotech ghost ring sights for it.
View Quote
Now, thats something I was thinking about when I saw those. Looks cool and all, but how durable are they really. Certainly helps answer my question, Likely going with a set of Green/Red sights instead of this ghost ring.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now, thats something I was thinking about when I saw those. Looks cool and all, but how durable are they really. Certainly helps answer my question, Likely going with a set of Green/Red sights instead of this ghost ring.
View Quote
As far as durable they are built like a tank,they didn't fall off I took them off because of the sight picture.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Certainly helps answer my question, Likely going with a set of Green/Red sights instead of this ghost ring.
View Quote
If that's the case, I'd highly suggest these:
https://dawsonprecision.com/glock-carry-fixed-sight-set-fiber-optic-rear-fiber-optic-front/

I have to say I don't get the popular thinking that the only sight upgrade for a Glock is into night sights.  If you can honestly say that your gun will be used 99% of the time for range use, most night sights suck for precision shooting compared to a very thin fiber optic setup.  When the front sight is so large that it covers up your target (or most of it), you can't expect to shoot as accurately as you would with the sights posted above.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Trijicon HD XR night sights (Orange) on all my Glocks. Love them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Buddy of mine years ago bought them and threw them on my pistol.  They were terrible you could not see much of the target because only what was in the ring could be seen.  They are probably ok on a shotgun but pistol NO just NO!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://dawsonprecision.com/glock-carry-fixed-sight-set-fiber-optic-rear-fiber-optic-front/

I have to say I don't get the popular thinking that the only sight upgrade for a Glock is into night sights.  If you can honestly say that your gun will be used 99% of the time for range use, most night sights suck for precision shooting compared to a very thin fiber optic setup.  When the front sight is so large that it covers up your target (or most of it), you can't expect to shoot as accurately as you would with the sights posted above.  Just my $.02
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly helps answer my question, Likely going with a set of Green/Red sights instead of this ghost ring.

I will echo this as well with regards to FO sights. I've grown fond of them over the past few years and for me personally, I carry my G19 with an X300 so, I can acquire the front sight even at night when the light is activated. Obviously the FO isn't visible but, it is serviceable in a defensive situation.

Right now I have Warren Tactical iDot night sights on my carry pistols but, my range and comp guns have fiber optics on them and I figured if I end up getting any new pistols for carry, I'm going to go with FO front and blacked out rears.

Quoted:
I have the Trijicon HD XR night sights (Orange) on all my Glocks. Love them.
These look promising with the thinner front sight. I'm just not a fan of two dot rear sights. I also may give these a try if I can find the fronts only and get a one dot rear or blacked out rear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top