Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 7:25:03 AM EDT
The Glock 40 MOS has been out for almost 3 years now.  Why is it so hard to find a holster for it in stock?  Is it a poor seller or have holster makers just not stepped up to the plate for this pistol?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Custom Kydex is always the answer.

I had them leave it open at the bottom for my KKM 6.6

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn that 6.6 KKM is sexy.  @postban

Who made the holster?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honest opinion how do you like the belt clips from that holster?
View Quote
Quick as a paddle to don/doff and comfortable. Way better than fixed loops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn that 6.6 KKM is sexy.  @postban

Who made the holster?
View Quote
DetroitHolster, link in my post under "answer"
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I had tr holsters make mine after someone here told me about them on this forum Great holster and was delivered quick. Ddo holster in black multi cam with rmr hood and lvl 2 retention.

The rmr hood fits over the Burris ff3 which I hoped it would when I ordered, the owner made no guarantees it would.

Dislikes - none really, but if I would have known the black multicam was cloth stuck onto kydex and not a printed pattern I would have chosen another color. But the black multicam looks sweet

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I have (2) sets of shoulder gear. One dedicated to 9mm and one for .45 auto. The 9mm holsters do fit the G40. Has to be open at the bottom of course.

But, it holds the pistol well. I have not mounted optics on mine yet, so can't speak to that. I know it will not fit w/optic on top of the slide.

But, w/o optic, the 9mm holsters I have fit (leather). The Glock ABS holsters (big bore) fit also. Those are what, 10 bucks each from Glock.

When you get a holster, post up. I am looking for one as well for the G40 and G41 w/optics.....thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#8]
For hunting and hiking, the Glock 40 fits inside a Hill People Gear chest kit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Fits in the SERPA for the 20/21 and also the Bianchi Minimalist.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Glock 40 MOS has been out for almost 3 years now.  Why is it so hard to find a holster for it in stock?  Is it a poor seller or have holster makers just not stepped up to the plate for this pistol?
View Quote
Probably a small market, and not considered your typical "carry" gun.

Many companies will do custom holster, you will just not be able to order it from the website and it will take a few weeks longer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

These always work:  Glock combat holster

At least it'll hold you over until the real G40 you need to order is made and shipped.  

Seem to be plenty of makers ready to add you to their order que.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been looking at holsters for my G40. Not really sure what I want honestly. I'm mainly going to be carrying this out in the woods when I'm hiking, camping, etc. Been considering everything from a drop-lex rig, to just a standard OWB holster, to even a chest rig.

In to see what you guys are carrying in...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top