Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2017 1:11:00 PM EDT
What's the latest on these? Did they get all the bugs out of them?

The reason I ask is that I had an early Gen-4 that had issues with the extractor, ejector and RSA. After receiving several updated RSA's from Glock, I was still having issues with FTF and FTE. It wasn't an ammo problem and I wasn't limp writsting it. I finally gave up on it and decided not to use it as my match gun.  

On the plus side, I did like the grip on the Gen-4. I'm thinking of getting another one of recent manufacture, but want to know if they got the bugs out of it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you describe the  FTF/FTE? Cases not pulling out of chamber causing FTF? Not being thrown out of the gun? Next round not being picked up after firing?

You mentioned issues with the extractor and ejector, did you also replace those items as well with current versions?

Most current Ejector is the "30274". Older style is "336". Those numbers are found on the ejector. I believe they also changed the geometry of the extractor at some point as well. Make sure to replace the extractor spring as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
FTF = Failure to feed.
FTE = Failure to Eject

No, I did not replace the extractor and ejector. I no longer own that particular gun so fixing that one is not an issue.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FTF = Failure to feed.
FTE = Failure to Eject

No, I did not replace the extractor and ejector. I no longer own that particular gun so fixing that one is not an issue.
View Quote
So are the FTF not picking up the next round after firing or FTF because of a FTE? Both described FTF, but would rule out FTF issues if it is the FTE causing the issue. This would indicate between its a RSA issue vs an extractor/ejector issue.

Is the FTE failing to pull the case out of the chamber or is it pulling the cases out, but keeping the cases in the breech? Both describe FTE, but would indicate different sources of the problem. One would dictate an extractor issue, the other indicates an ejector issue.

As a side note, when did you get the latest RSA? Sounds like you no longer have the G17.4. I replaced my RSA in my 19.4 when they where just started to get rid of the defective RSAs. I opted for Lone Wolf's Gen3 RSA with the reducer and have not had any issues.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I had two early ones.  One ran an runs to this day.  The other was just like yours, failure to extract, stovepiping and brass to face.  Glock replaced the entire gun under warranty.  Not issues with Current Gen4 17's either.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one zex prefix,  shot a couple glock matches with it,  no problems at all with anything.

its a NiBx version
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Have an early Gen 4 17. It is head and shoulders more accurate than most. I got the free RSA in the mail. Gun ran so well, I never changed it. Runs 100% with everything I feed it. 98% reloads and a generous sampling of most factory hollow points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top