Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 9:53:14 PM EDT
I decided I wanted to get my first striker fire, and concealed carry hand gun. I got a good price on a G43 with a ameriglo front sight. I already got the +1 mag extension for my two mags and ordered another mag set up the same way.

I see there are a ton of options when it comes to holsters, and other options. I have carried a full size (1911, M9, HK USP Tactical) auto in the past occasionally, but what do you recommend for a true carry g43? Holster options? Do I go with a light (like the steam light TLR-6, as I like the idea of a light for where I live in a rural area). The clip draw seems like a good idea. But I would also want to mess around with a pocket holster, a IWB and a OWB holster as well, depending on the circumstances.

Basically I have read so many articles my head is spinning with options, but I wanted to hear from people that actually carry everyday as I start to decide what to try.

All thoughts and opinions are apreciated!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Both my 42 and 43 are carried IWB with a Stealth Gear Onyx - Standard Size, not the mini.

I forget that I'm wearing them, they're pricey but very comfortable - avoid the Mini Size for these guns.

They make a TLR-6 version too.

I've had comp-tacs, ravens, jm customs, etc... and they've all been sold.   The Stealth Gears are more comfortable and they don't get wet like leather backed holsters.

Personally, I think the 43 is too big to pocket carry, YMMV.

SG Onyx Standard IWB
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a G-code INCOG Eclipse for my G43 and I have a TLR-6 attached to mine as well and really like it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a raven morrigan with my 43.
I like the soft looks and it's very comfy
I use it at 4 o'clock (I removed one of the soft loops)
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone use the Alien Gear IWB? I've seen good reviews of it, but people rarely mention it in these discussions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a few holsters for my 43, normal carry for me is at 4:30 with a crossbreed minituck holster. I also appendix carry in a T-Rex raptor holster. I'm still getting used to appendix carry so I dont have a lot if input yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone use the Alien Gear IWB? I've seen good reviews of it, but people rarely mention it in these discussions.
View Quote

Had one, you get what you pay for.  If it's your first holster you'll think it's great.  If you've had better holsters you won't keep it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm used to Milt Sparks, been using their VM 2s for a decade. I haven't ventured into Kydex yet. Sounds like I should skip Alien Gear.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry mine daily in a Comptac IWB holster, forget it's even there sometimes it rides so well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Had one, you get what you pay for.  If it's your first holster you'll think it's great.  If you've had better holsters you won't keep it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My opinion as well.  For IWB it's the Neoprene that kills it for me.  No give for adjusting on the fly.  OWB option just seemed to bulky and adjusting the retention just never felt right.

I pocket carry the 43.  So probably not much help.

I'd go broke upgrading if stealthgear started making swap-able shells (just too pricey buying one per pistol)!  That's about the best thing alien gear has going for it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got two 43's on the way. I've been carrying a P938 at approximately 3:30 in a CrossBreed mini-tuck. But I'm trying to get a better set up for AIWB carrying. The belt clips just don't jive well with belt loops and finding the perfect AIWB position. So I'm going to order a G-code INCOG Eclipse. They're in stock for the 43. And have a single centrally mounted belt clip. More options for where exactly I want to place it. IMO
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been using the DeSantis INTIMIDATOR 2.0 For almost a year now. Daily. Its a good OWB holster but I am always on the lookout for a good OWB with retention for my G43. Thought I had it with a Desantis Thumb Break Mini-Slide but as beautiful as the holster is it was a complete waste of money for me. Cant use it. The belt loops are too low and its top heavy making the butt of the gun jut out.
I cant believe they made such an error. I have been a fan of their holsters for a long time. I dont understand why IWB is so popular. I assume one would have to buy their pants with that in mind because non of my pants have the extra room since I buy them to fit just me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

My problem with the Alien Gear is that the holster shell is too wide and so it does not conform to the curvature of your waist.  I guess you are supposed to carry it farther back, like the kidney area, but I don't like that placement for a pistol since I can't see it.  

Best IWB holster I've used the Crossbreed.  It seems like it's overpriced for what it is but honestly I just can't find another IWB holster as comfortable that still allows for a good draw.

I mostly pocket carry my G43 in a kydex pocket holster I bought from an ebay seller.  Great holster since it covers the mag release.  I've had problems with the mag being released inadvertent pocket carrying.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Best IWB holster I've used the Crossbreed.  It seems like it's overpriced for what it is but honestly I just can't find another IWB holster as comfortable that still allows for a good draw.
View Quote

Thanks, I'll check it out. As I mentioned, I've been using Milt Sparks for years, and while they are beautiful holsters, and pretty comfortable, the leather is pretty thick. I'm curious to try Kydex and leather for comparison. The Crossbreed seems pretty affordable in comparison to the Versa Max 2!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 Aliengear IWB and I've been using them for almost a year.  I carry them at about 3-4 o'clock and in that position they are comfortable all day long.  I like the design and the neoprene doesn't get soaked in sweat like the leather does.  They don't work for appendix though, but I have yet to find any way of carrying just about anything comfortable appendix anyway.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I use a CrossBreed minituck with my 43 @ 4 o'clock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Glock 43:
Glock OEM updated Connector 33564
Hyve Technologies Mag Release
Glock OEM slide release
Zev Reduced Power Safety Plunger Spring
Glock OEM Safety Plunger
Ameriglo Operator Night Sights, GL-383 with yellow rear
Vickers tactical +2 Magazine Extension X2
Glockkraft TAC Glock 43 trigger with black Safety black shoe
Streamlight TLR-6
Pearce Grip Plug

I use a GCode Shadow Eclipse and a InvisiHolster Mag carrier.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My problem with the Alien Gear is that the holster shell is too wide and so it does not conform to the curvature of your waist.  I guess you are supposed to carry it farther back, like the kidney area, but I don't like that placement for a pistol since I can't see it.  

I mostly pocket carry my G43 in a kydex pocket holster I bought from an ebay seller.  Great holster since it covers the mag release.  I've had problems with the mag being released inadvertent pocket carrying.
View Quote

Could you link the pocket holster?

I also pocket carry my 43 in a kydex holster but mine does not cover the mag release, although so far I have yet to have that become a problem for me.

This is the one I'm using at the moment, the BORAII or something.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a G Code INCOG Eclipse and love it.  Never saw how AIWB was possible until I got this.  Bought it with the intention of carrying it behind my hip with a cant but tried it AIWB first and never looked back.

INCOG Eclipse
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's what I've been using.

Versacary

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
the jeans I'm wearing today are a little tight in the waist, so I skipped my usual 19/XC1 in a Bravo Concealment holster and grabbed my 43. I carry it in a Comp-Tac Infidel Max and I almost forget I'm wearing it. I'd highly recommend the infidel Max, I love it...a buddy bought one for his 43 based on my advice and he loves it also. Plenty of great kydex out there though. I don't, however, see the need for a hybrid style holster for the 43 because of its small size and weight...that's personal preference though
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I am very happy with the TLR-6 that I added to my 43, still looking around for a holster though.

I put the Truglo TFX Pro sights on it.

I added the Hyve extended mag release to help change mags quicker and their +2 mag extension

And I also thought buying the 43 was a good time to buy an iTarget Pro to get me quickly used to trigger control on the 43.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
The latter is a good point for those of us who have an extended mag release like the Hyve.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Both my 42 and 43 are carried IWB with a Stealth Gear Onyx - Standard Size, not the mini.

I forget that I'm wearing them, they're pricey but very comfortable - avoid the Mini Size for these guns.

They make a TLR-6 version too.

I've had comp-tacs, ravens, jm customs, etc... and they've all been sold.   The Stealth Gears are more comfortable and they don't get wet like leather backed holsters.

Personally, I think the 43 is too big to pocket carry, YMMV.

SG Onyx Standard IWB
View Quote

I can vouch for Stealth Onyx; it's a excellent piece of equipment. You get what you pay for. This is one of those.
It cost double the everyday usual holster, but, it breaths, you can actually see light through it. If I was IWB carrying,
I would get the Stealth gear Onyx model.

I pocket or OWB or shoulder carry. I don't care for IWB. I jus don't like a hunk of material between me and my pants waist.
I would eventually get use to it, but, nope, not for me.

I recommend the Galco pocket holster, made from horsehide. Their "Pro" series. It ha a hook built into it, which hooks into the corner of your
pants pocket. It's made to carry high, keeping the grip of the gun near you belt, so it conceals better. Being made from horsehide,
this is another product "you get what you pay for".

Shoulder carry, I have mine custom made from English harness leather. They last a lifetime if you take care of it. Another, "you get
what you pay for" item.

Many different options for carry. Consider ankle carry as well for the 43.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]
The 43 is my EDC. Great little Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top