Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 2:17:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Disclaimer: I did t watch the video...

Why do you need a holster for door knocks??  A tuckable at that??
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Did not watch.  FWIW, when someone knocks at night or something sets the dogs barking would you even want to have a holster as opposed to having a weapon already in hand?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did not watch.  FWIW, when someone knocks at night or something sets the dogs barking would you even want to have a holster as opposed to having a weapon already in hand?
View Quote

I don't see the point to one.  I either have my carry gun in my hand or an AR if something goes bump in the night.   It's not uncommon for the carry gun to be in a holster, but that comes off w/ the push of a thumb.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
As someone who has answered the door at odd hours in a bathrobe with a pistol in hand, simply held behind my back, I understand the need for a way to be armed, yet not be obviously armed. I favor holsters that hold the firearm securely, which for me, means no 'soft' holsters, and really requires a sturdy belt for the holster to lock on to for a reliable draw. But that may not be viable for those 1am knocks at the door, if you don't take the time to get dressed, including belt and holster.

I don't think there's an easy answer. I guess I'd prefer to have weapon in-hand, even if that's a little awkward.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let's just assume that for my needs and for the area I'm in, I am looking for a tuckable holster. Something that would give me use of both my hands as well as a gun nearby but not visible.

After googling this one looks pretty good. Desantis sof-tuck. Anyone use something like this?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51f6Cs2lx0L._AC_UL320_SR316,320_.jpg
View Quote

Haven't tried one of those.  If I want discrete I use a pocket holster which has the advantage of working w/ or w/o a belt.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
F3 holsters were recommended to me on here when asking for an affordable appendix holster. I bought 3 for various guns. Fit and finish was good.  

$37 F3holsters.com
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe your terminology is confused? A tuckable is designed such that you can tuck a shirt In Between the holster body and belt attachment so that you can wear a short tucked into the pants  with close to full concealment. Can't see this being required in the answer the door at night scenario. If you are saying you want an inside the waist band holster so you can grab the holstered pistol to stick in your waistband to go tot he door then you want an iwb holster and pretty much every holster maker around does that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
If you knock on my door after dark I usually have a .357 in my left hand (I'm a lefty).  No holster needed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]

This is how I take care of knocks on my door after dark.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If I'm awoken in the middle of the night there's a 99% chance I'm not gonna have pants on!  I'm not putting them on either....
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had this happen twice both times I had my sidearm in my hand.  You would be better served getting a weapon mounted light before you get a holster.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let's just assume that for my needs and for the area I'm in, I am looking for a tuckable holster. Something that would give me use of both my hands as well as a gun nearby but not visible.

After googling this one looks pretty good. Desantis sof-tuck. Anyone use something like this?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51f6Cs2lx0L._AC_UL320_SR316,320_.jpg
View Quote

That's my favorite holster for my 45 Shield. Use it everyday, love it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Who would be wearing a belt in this scenario to attache a holster to
I find my normal EDC rig fits most of my needs.
I do have a CrossBreed mini-tuck I use sometimes my G27 fits in nicely. It's tuckable & small.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one for my Shield.  It's actually comfy for AIWB for me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I've found a owb paddle holster to be the quickest to slip on if you need to do so.  But that's not what you asked about, so...

I've got a Soft Tuk and like it. Not exactly the quickest type of belt clip to put on and off, though.

I've also got a Galco Walkabout. It has the ability to carry a spare magazine in front of the gun.  Terrible for actually trying to do a quick reload and with the magazine it does make it more difficult to put on, but at least if you have to grab it quickly you have a gun w/reload all in one package.  Plus you can leave the magazine out and it pretty much functions like a regular IWB holster.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Lenny is a cool cat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I think a Remora would suit you well. Easy to slip inside a cinched down waist band on pajamas, sweat pants, gym shorts, etc. Shirt can be tucked over it easily if you desire.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think a Remora would suit you well. Easy to slip inside a cinched down waist band on pajamas, sweat pants, gym shorts, etc. Shirt can be tucked over it easily if you desire.
View Quote

Yup.

Best option they are great. G43 in one will ride fine in gym shorts
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I've got one of these Galco stow n go holsters for a P938. Borrowed pic from Galco site. Works decently inside a snugged up pajama waistband. Most often I just slip an LCP in my pajama pocket in a pocket holster when wandering around the house at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top