Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:10:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Just send it my way that should fix things ...

You can sand that safety tab down so it does sit flush just take your time and be careful doing it.. or buy a spare to practice on there cheap..
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea that was put there just to annoy 1911 guys.

http://www.glockmeister.com/SSVI-TYR-Trigger-Large-for-the-GLOCK-10mm-45-ACP-Models/productinfo/TYRGLOCKL/
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Never has been a concern. Great shooting pistol with an OK trigger.

Can be made better with a 25 cent trigger job.

Even better with a Ghost trigger. (Rocket with a Spaulding cut).
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Of all my handguns, the shittiest triggers are on my Glocks.
Feels like pulling on a barbed wire. Few rounds down range and finger is sore.  

I have to check if aftermarket offers something better.  I've had it with their pointy, knife sharp triggers!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Dry fire more with it.  You'll get used to it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Sand it down. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
First get a G21 trigger and get rid of the ribbed trigger and go to a smooth face like the one in your pic OP.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is an interesting suggestion. I googled it and found this:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/57169-smooth-trigger-glock-17-a-2.html#post848203
View Quote

It is one of the first things I change on my compact/sub Glocks.  On my G19 when I bought it I popped the ribbed trigger out and dropped in a new G17.4 trigger I had in my backup parts bin.  I despise the ribbed trigger with all of my being because when I go to the range I normally crack off 250-500 rounds and the ribbed is not comfortable in a prolonged shooting session.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was wondering why Glock would purposely put such an uncomfortable trigger in the G30 so again I googled and found this:
View Quote

Thank Ted Kennedy!  Import point is exactly right to make the pistol "MORE SPORTING".
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You could get an aftermarket trigger. I was having the same issue and just picked up an Overwatch flat trigger for my 26.  Between the Zev (on a 19) and Overwatch that I have, I am digging the flat Overwatch Tac trigger on my G26 so far.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You could get an aftermarket trigger. I was having the same issue and just picked up an Overwatch flat trigger for my 26.  Between the Zev (on a 19) and Overwatch that I have, I am digging the flat Overwatch Tac trigger on my G26 so far.
View Quote

130+ vs a G17 smoother trigger that is 15-20 bucks....  the differences aftermarket triggers do in my belief is not worth their cost unless you just absolutely have to have the shoe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Heat shrink wrap.  I had the same issue with my PPQ.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It is one of the first things I change on my compact/sub Glocks.  On my G19 when I bought it I popped the ribbed trigger out and dropped in a new G17.4 trigger I had in my backup parts bin.  I despise the ribbed trigger with all of my being because when I go to the range I normally crack off 250-500 rounds and the ribbed is not comfortable in a prolonged shooting session.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  It's the first thing I switch out on medium or subcompact Glocks. Hate the ribbed shoe but the smooth one doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it possible to save a little money and buy the smooth trigger by itself without the bar? I can't seem to find it listed by itself on the usual sites. Is the Glock 42 trigger interchangeable with the 44? It looks like the 42 comes with a smooth trigger (I'm guessing because of the smaller "sporting" caliber), and I assume both of them are narrow than a standard Glock trigger. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.  It's the first thing I switch out on medium or subcompact Glocks. Hate the ribbed shoe but the smooth one doesn't bother me at all.
View Quote
Yep. That's what I do as well. I don't think, Glock sells just the trigger to the general public but the G17 trigger and bar assembly is not that expensive.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, I figured that was probably the case (that you had to buy the trigger and bar set).  One of the various discussions linked here mentioned the trigger being an "$8 upgrade" or something to that effect (vs. ~$14 for both), so that implied to me that the trigger might be available separately.  No worries, I'll just end up with a spare trigger bar in the parts box.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]
You'll get the most comfortable trigger feel if , you buy a Sig........
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I feel like I have soft girly hands but can shoot a stock glock all day with no discomfort, I don't know what you are all doing exactly to get the triggers finger so sore?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I feel like I have soft girly hands but can shoot a stock glock all day with no discomfort, I don't know what you are all doing exactly to get the triggers finger so sore?
View Quote

I do not have have very soft hands and the ribbed trigger after about a hundred rounds pounding away at it starts to irritate my finger I also find that my finger moves around more because of the discomfort of the ribbed trigger vs the smooth.  The other reason I change it is because no matter which Glock I pick up I want them to feel the exact same or nearly exact same as possible so I run the same bar, same connector, and same springs in all my Glocks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I have had the same experience with my finger getting severely irritated.  Several years ago, I had a Gen4 19 that I couldn't stand to shoot for more than ~50 rounds, and didn't think to research the issue, and sold the gun because of this.  I've never tried sanding down a safety lever, but I can't imagine a scenario where that doesn't compromise the overall safety of the gun itself.  I will say that the aftermarket triggers I've used (Zev, Overwatch Precision) have all solved this issue immediately.  There are several "you don't need that - the stock version is just fine" guys here, but I will say that in my humble opinion if it weren't for the "feel" of the aftermarket triggers, I would not be a Glock owner. I do own 4, and I love them all.

OP - I probably have a new G30 and a new G21 trigger in my parts box - I switched them out immediately after bring each of them home.  IM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd be willing to bet that you have larger hands / longer fingers.  I feel like if I could "approach" the trigger differently with my index finger, the stock version wouldn't bother me so much.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#24]
The Glck trigger is the single worst thing on the gun that makes it feel cheap.

The "safety blade rub" is there to make sure it disengages 100%. The blade stands proud of the trigger face when pressed.

This is the single best $50 you can spend on a Glock:

Kineti-tech Triggers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have had the same experience with my finger getting severely irritated.  Several years ago, I had a Gen4 19 that I couldn't stand to shoot for more than ~50 rounds, and didn't think to research the issue, and sold the gun because of this.  I've never tried sanding down a safety lever, but I can't imagine a scenario where that doesn't compromise the overall safety of the gun itself.  I will say that the aftermarket triggers I've used (Zev, Overwatch Precision) have all solved this issue immediately.  There are several "you don't need that - the stock version is just fine" guys here, but I will say that in my humble opinion if it weren't for the "feel" of the aftermarket triggers, I would not be a Glock owner. I do own 4, and I love them all.

OP - I probably have a new G30 and a new G21 trigger in my parts box - I switched them out immediately after bring each of them home.  IM me if you're interested.
View Quote

When they say sanding down the dingus they are not deactivating it they are sanding it down to when you apply pressure to the trigger it makes it flush inside of raised.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When they say sanding down the dingus they are not deactivating it they are sanding it down to when you apply pressure to the trigger it makes it flush inside of raised.
View Quote

That makes sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
$1 dollar fix

Trigger
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I hated that serrated trigger! Never hurt, just annoying.

The 17 trigger was the answer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
$1 dollar fix

Trigger
View Quote

No just NO!  That looks like a malfunction waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
$1 dollar fix

Trigger
View Quote

I hope that's a joke.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First get a G21 trigger and get rid of the ribbed trigger and go to a smooth face like the one in your pic OP.
View Quote

Came here to post this^

If it still bothers you give the "safety" a little love with some really fine sandpaper.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really what type of malfunction?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets see.....  Shrink tube stretches and allows the dingus to engage but not be disengaged, shrink tube slip up the trigger show and jams up the movement of the trigger, trigger snags on something while reholstering and when it would otherwise not be allow to move rewards because the dingus prevents now is allowed to move rearward and fire the weapon.  It is a terrible idea but to each his own.

Shrink tube is not a reliable way to execute disabling the trigger dingus.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it slipping off and locking up the trigger. Not to mention, it deactivates the trigger safety. Sanding down the blade is free and 100% safe.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was about the 1st thing to come to mind when I read this...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This was about the 1st thing to come to mind when I read this...
https://ncehsedu.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/safety-fails-28.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I wanted to follow up on my earlier question about whether the Glock 42 and 43 triggers are interchangeable. I've found lots of discussions about how the G43 trigger bar is slightly longer (2mm, I believe), but I can't find any definitive answer on the plastic trigger (shoe?) itself. I did see one comment indicating that the trigger pins may be different diameters. I'd like to replace the ribbed G43 trigger with the smooth G42 trigger, if that's possible. Not interested in spending money on an aftermarket trigger - I was just hoping that the factory triggers are interchangeable. Anyone checked into this? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wanted to follow up on my earlier question about whether the Glock 42 and 43 triggers are interchangeable. I've found lots of discussions about how the G43 trigger bar is slightly longer (2mm, I believe), but I can't find any definitive answer on the plastic trigger (shoe?) itself. I did see one comment indicating that the trigger pins may be different diameters. I'd like to replace the ribbed G43 trigger with the smooth G42 trigger, if that's possible. Not interested in spending money on an aftermarket trigger - I was just hoping that the factory triggers are interchangeable. Anyone checked into this? Thanks!
View Quote

The shoe for all Glocks are the same size.  You can knock a G17 shoe off a trigger bar and it will fit on any other Glock.  I do believe you are correct in the G43 and G42 trigger bars being different.

One team member posted a how-to swap the shoes on the G43 with a G17 smooth face trigger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks a lot for clarifying that. I had thought that the G42 and 43 frames necessitated a narrower trigger - great to hear that I was mistaken!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'd be willing to bet that you have larger hands / longer fingers.  I feel like if I could "approach" the trigger differently with my index finger, the stock version wouldn't bother me so much.
View Quote

Actually small hands, after the first shot in a string of fire my finger never leaves the trigger and it shouldn't slap you because it you are coming off the trigger more than needed to reset the action you are doing it wrong. Finger stays on the trigger and after the first shot during the recoil phase you
Let off the trigger enough to get it to reset and not any more. There are some advanced trigger slap techniques used by very skilled shooters who do not ride the reset but this does not apply to the skill level 99% of pistol shooters are
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Actually small hands, after the first shot in a string of fire my finger never leaves the trigger and it shouldn't slap you because it you are coming off the trigger more than needed to reset the action you are doing it wrong. Finger stays on the trigger and after the first shot during the recoil phase you
Let off the trigger enough to get it to reset and not any more. There are some advanced trigger slap techniques used by very skilled shooters who do not ride the reset but this does not apply to the skill level 99% of pistol shooters are
View Quote

You can have different trigger techniques for different shot difficulties.

On 7 yard Bill Drills I slap the shit out of the trigger.

On 25 yard Bill Drills I ride the reset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top