Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm back in the G26 game. I put a few magazines through it Friday and everything was roses.

No hiccups. Everything fed and ejected like its suppose to. The grip is glorious. I can go through an entire magazine without having to adjust my grip.

I'm going to break out the pusher and install the new sights on it today.

The 4 - 6 week wait on the holster is going to stink. I picked up a decent Comp-Tac off of the EE to hold me over til it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The 43 IS what the 26 should have been from the start.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the fact there is a double stack from standard size to sub size and all the mags fit the sub (although a G19 is called a sub I believe).
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the fact there is a double stack from standard size to sub size and all the mags fit the sub (although a G19 is called a sub I believe).
View Quote

nope.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:59:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can conceal a 26 easier than a 19, grip length does factor in for me.   I know the length is close, but it's the lack of material in the bottom rear of the grip that does it for me.  

I think a 26 and a 43 can both be well used in a collection.  26 when you can, 43 for when it just won't hide.

19 for anything else.
View Quote

This for me. Different tools for different situations.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have tried both and I actually do better with the flat baseplate.

I have learned through trial and error, and thousands of rounds, that I shoot better if I don't use my pinky. I tried it after watching "Hickok45" and it helped me. Even on my full size guns.
View Quote

I must have the same issue, I shoot the G43 better with the flat baseplate.  Extended and I throw rounds left.  What the hell am I doing wrong.

I can't stand a double stack as IWB.  The G26 is pretty good as OWB.  But end of day the G43 can do both and its easier to keep one ready to go than two.  Yeah the G26 can carry for more rounds, but if I don't feel comfortable going somewhere with a G43 and 7 rounds of HP 9mm, I am either not going or I will bring a friend and we will both be armed with handguns and rifles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm back in the G26 game. I put a few magazines through it Friday and everything was roses.

No hiccups. Everything fed and ejected like its suppose to. The grip is glorious. I can go through an entire magazine without having to adjust my grip.

The 4 - 6 week wait on the holster is going to stink. I picked up a decent Comp-Tac off of the EE to hold me over til it arrives.
View Quote

Give the Raven Vanguard II a try, I use one on my 19 and when I had a 26 and carry at 3:30 with it. Ultra minimalist.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I was once told by a gun counter salesman that the #1 traded in gun for them is the Glock 26.

I've shot a few and never saw the attraction.  Conversely I love the Glock 30.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The 26 makes little sense to me.  It's not any easier to conceal then a 19.  The 43, being thinner, has a role to play for when a 19 is just to big to conceal.  I love my 43 for those times, and it shoots great.
View Quote

My thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My thoughts as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 26 makes little sense to me.  It's not any easier to conceal then a 19.  The 43, being thinner, has a role to play for when a 19 is just to big to conceal.  I love my 43 for those times, and it shoots great.

My thoughts as well.

The main obstacle for me, and most people, when concealing is the grip length.

The G26's grip is More than 3/4" shorter than the G19. I think it's .82" to be exact.

The G43's grip is a hair longer than the G26.

The G43 is a around and 1/8th narrower than the G26. I think it's .15" narrower to be exact.

I'm not going to say that the G43 doesn't feel better IWB than the G26. It does.

I'm also not going to try to convince myself that it's just as easy to conceal a G19 as it is a G26. It's grip length difference is significant enough to make a difference. It may not be a gigantic difference, but neither is .15" in width.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I seriously don't get posters saying the G26 doesn't conceal any better than the G19.

It significantly does if you don't add mag extensions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

nope.
View Quote

Thanks. I had to go look it up. Nope. Not a sub, it's a compact (19). 26 is a sub.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my 42 and 19, and will be getting a 26 at some point.. But was never interested in the 43.  My advice, sell the 43 and get a 26&42..
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both and each has a purpose with what I do.  43 is a great backup to the 26 or 19 or any other gun.  Two is one and one is none.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I have a Gen 4 26 and have now fired two different G43's. IMO, the G26 is a far better shooting pistol for me. My M&P9 Shield fits my hand better than the G43, but it is as small a pistol as my large hands can literally hold onto. For me, the G43 is just too small. Both of the G43's I fired functioned perfectly, but it is a pistol I just don't like to shoot and I am a long time Glock fan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my 26 for concealed carry in an IWB holster. For me, it's not the length of the frame (as I use extended P Mags). The slightly shorter barrel and slide doesn't dig into my hip like my 19 does. I guess everyone is different.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I must have the same issue, I shoot the G43 better with the flat baseplate.  Extended and I throw rounds left.  What the hell am I doing wrong.

I can't stand a double stack as IWB.  The G26 is pretty good as OWB.  But end of day the G43 can do both and its easier to keep one ready to go than two.  Yeah the G26 can carry for more rounds, but if I don't feel comfortable going somewhere with a G43 and 7 rounds of HP 9mm, I am either not going or I will bring a friend and we will both be armed with handguns and rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried both and I actually do better with the flat baseplate.

I have learned through trial and error, and thousands of rounds, that I shoot better if I don't use my pinky. I tried it after watching "Hickok45" and it helped me. Even on my full size guns.

Me too. I wish Glock would include duplicates of both the pinky and flat baseplates to give the end user the option.

People say that the 43 is a hard bugger to master. Maybe it's just the perfect size for my hand but I find it hard to throw my shots with it installed with the flush base. Even if I slap the trigger it stays on point, which is the exact opposite experience I have with almost every other Glock out there..
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats. The Glock 26 is my favorite Glock and a perfect CCW pistol.

I have a couple 19s and 21 as well, but I carry my G26 90% of the time since it's easier to conceal and I shoot it as well as I shoot my G19.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I have both, I like both. I'd rather carry the 26 but there are a lot of times it's not the most practical or easiest, and the 43 is that in-between between a subcompact and a micro .380. Eventually I'll fill out the rest of the 9mm's Glock family, they each have their strengths and more options are never a bad thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The 43 is the best all round carry gun I own. My only complaints are round capacity and available holster options. Otherwise I cant say enough about how nice and easy it is to carry.
I added a talon rubber grip wrap which gives me a little more to grab and traction as well as an aftermarket magazine extension giving me 7 in the mag. I always load the extra round so I have 8 available.
Just shot it again yesterday and it is surprisingly accurate but  takes more focus to place accurate rounds. No failures through several hundred rounds and several different loads.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The takeaway from this is everyone is so wholly different in their clothes, size, method of carry, and willingness to compromise on comfort vs size that there is no right answer for all. Find your own. But you certainly owe it to yourself to try all the main size categories in calibers you find acceptable.

The G26 though seems to be the most controversial pick. Very few people are "i like it ok". Its either love or hate.

I love mine, if you miss yours get it back, preferably from someone who hates theirs and get a nice deal on it
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Never sell.
View Quote

^^^^^^
He's right you know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Carry a G26, tried the G43. Hated it.

G26 is the way to go for daily carry with a +2 extension.

I prefer it over the G19 because of the spacing of the finger grooves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been back and forth on this debate for a while.  Sold my FDE Glock 26 to buy a 43 when they came out.  I like the 43 well enough, carry it everyday- but I just feel that the loss of capacity is more than it should be.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The 43 works for me better than the26 ever did. I can shoot it just about as well, but it is  so much more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal that the 26 just doesn't have a place in my arsenal anymore.  

I always had to carry the 26 in a 19 holster to keep the grip tucked closer and to keep the muzzle from digging into my side.  

If I could carry a 26, I could carry a 19. If I could carry a 19, I could carry a 17K.

I only own 43s, 17Ks, and 17s.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was once told by a gun counter salesman that the #1 traded in gun for them is the Glock 26.

I've shot a few and never saw the attraction.  Conversely I love the Glock 30.  Go figure.
View Quote
That's interesting.  I use a 27 every day and have a 27 in my car console.  A 19 wouldn't fit.  Although a shield is my carry gun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a 43. Decided I needed a 26 instead. Sold the 43. Realized how much better the 43 is for carry. Sold the 26 and got another 43. For me, the 43 is definitely the carry gun I've been waiting all my life for.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#28]
The whole capacity thing was a moot point for me since I carry a spare mag with the Pearce +1 round extension.    I was reading another thread on arfcom about ETS mags releasing several new extended magazines for the G43.   So far the G43 has been my favorite carry gun because of it's overall size and weight.  It is the one gun that I consistently CCW with.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top