User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What issues did you experience? I've had mine for a few months, & it's worked great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After taking a low-light class, I realised that I much prefer a handheld light.  So I just carry without a WML, whether it's appendix for carry or OWB for range/training.

Carry both.... I carry a Streamlight 1L ProTac light and XC1 on my pistol.  More light is for sure better.

I had issues with my XC1 and I also wasn't a fan of the lack of holsters.  They're more abundant now, but there will never be as many options as I'd like.

What issues did you experience? I've had mine for a few months, & it's worked great.

Early ones had some issues and according to SF they have fixed them.  Mine has been going strong for past 6 months.  I have shot close to a thousand rounds with it on the pistol, done a few evening drills at the range to get accustomed to it, and my only complaint is if I leave it on and do a lot of shooting the lens gets really dirty.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what the general response would be if this conversation started outside of the Glock forum. I have no opinion on WMLs, I carry a 26 or a 42 or a gen 2 22 sometimes, none of which have a rail for a light. I carry a handheld and seem to do just fine, though I have never had to draw on anything or anyone day or night. A lot of folks carry guns without rails for lights, a lot of folks don't even carry a hand held light outside of the home, some gun makers don't even make guns with rails (like Kahr for example). A lot of Glock owners will put as much stuff on their gun as possible because Glocks are like AR's, so many toys to adorn them with it's hard not to.

For me, carry is about weight. I know some guys like to carry a full size pistol, two or more mags with a light on the pistol, light clipped to their pocket and a knife or two to feel comfortable. Some folks carry even more than that to feel comfortable. For me, I like my sub-compacts, light weight, easy to carry, a small hand held that slips in my pocket, wallet, keys, and an average folder. Much more than that and I am too uncomfortable to bother.

Home defense on the other hand is different. If I had a pistol with a rail at home, it'd have a light on it for sure, virtually no reason not to. No reason to not be using a full-size pistol at home either.

Just my .02, to each their own.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After taking a low-light class, I realised that I much prefer a handheld light.  So I just carry without a WML, whether it's appendix for carry or OWB for range/training.

Carry both.... I carry a Streamlight 1L ProTac light and XC1 on my pistol.  More light is for sure better.

I had issues with my XC1 and I also wasn't a fan of the lack of holsters.  They're more abundant now, but there will never be as many options as I'd like.

Many people have issues with them flickering during recoil, only issues that ive really heard of.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder what the general response would be if this conversation started outside of the Glock forum. I have no opinion on WMLs, I carry a 26 or a 42 or a gen 2 22 sometimes, none of which have a rail for a light. I carry a handheld and seem to do just fine, though I have never had to draw on anything or anyone day or night. A lot of folks carry guns without rails for lights, a lot of folks don't even carry a hand held light outside of the home, some gun makers don't even make guns with rails (like Kahr for example). A lot of Glock owners will put as much stuff on their gun as possible because Glocks are like AR's, so many toys to adorn them with it's hard not to.

For me, carry is about weight. I know some guys like to carry a full size pistol, two or more mags with a light on the pistol, light clipped to their pocket and a knife or two to feel comfortable. Some folks carry even more than that to feel comfortable. For me, I like my sub-compacts, light weight, easy to carry, a small hand held that slips in my pocket, wallet, keys, and an average folder. Much more than that and I am too uncomfortable to bother.

Home defense on the other hand is different. If I had a pistol with a rail at home, it'd have a light on it for sure, virtually no reason not to. No reason to not be using a full-size pistol at home either.

Just my .02, to each their own.
View Quote

If you do some low light training (or, heaven forbid, need to use the gun in a fight) with handhelds and wmls you will see how much better a wml is in a fight and worth the discomfort.

A handheld is great to find your keys when you drop them but totally outclassed in a fight where you may need to reload, open a car door, grab a wife/child/dog, dial 911, clear a malfunction, etc
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The light would flicker and go out during firing/dry firing.  I just don't think it's worth the premium price.

Quoted:
A handheld is great to find your keys when you drop them but totally outclassed in a fight where you may need to reload, open a car door, grab a wife/child/dog, dial 911, clear a malfunction, etc

Light-loops are amazing.  I don't carry any handhelds without them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The light would flicker and go out during firing/dry firing.  I just don't think it's worth the premium price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you mean a lanyard?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]

What problem is that supposed to solve?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What problem is that supposed to solve?
View All Quotes

Gives a great deal more flexibility when using a handheld light.  I'm not sure I would say it solves any particular problem.

People that use them swear by them.

I've just never had the opportunity to get used to one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gives a great deal more flexibility when using a handheld light.  I'm not sure I would say it solves any particular problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are nice to have but dont solve any of the problems I mentioned.

Sure, you wont drop the light while calling 911 but you also cant use the light.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sure, you wont drop the light while calling 911 but you also cant use the light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That's about the long and short of it IMO.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Appendix carry a 19 w/an XC-1.

If I carry the 43 (that's about 10% of the time, if I'm wearing clothes that I just can't conceal the 19 in) then I don't have a light.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top