Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2016 3:24:44 PM EDT
I've recently decided that I wanted to try to get another subcompact Glock just to have as a back up to my G19 and G43. Hadn't decided which one I wanted, but considering my local gun shop had a Glock 33 for right at $399 and would waive sales tax I was looking at going that route.

However, things came up and I wouldn't be having the spare cash for gun purchases cause wife and I recently took our anniversary trip to Gatlinburg, and while fun both of us spent more money than we budgeted for.

Recently, I decided to thin the herd some and try to better consolidate my calibers. I had a Colt 1991 Commander that had just been sitting in the safe and had only gotten one range day in the year long time that I've had it. Granted it fired 100 rounds flawlessly that day, but had cleaned it and stored it ever since. Add to the fact that I already have a Sig 1911 (yes I know external extractor) but it was a commerative one made for my brigade (4/2 SBCT, 2-24 INF) which is one of the ones who got disbanded by the Army's drawdown efforts that means alot more to me.

Posted the Colt for sale/trade on Armslist decided just to see what I could get. Advertised I was mainly looking for Glocks in trade, since everything else eventually seems to get traded or sold off. Received a message from a guy down at Fort Bragg for a Glock 26 Gen 3. Originally was  going to decline the trade because he couldn't offer much cash ti even the trade deal. Eventually made the deal, got the Glock 26 Gen 3 with 2 magazines both which have Pierce extensions, 2x Glock 17 magazines, Glock factory 31 round magazine (which will be fun for the range), a Surefire x300 (which I can mount on another pistol, kydex owb holster, and a small amount of cash.

This will be my third G26, my first Gen 3. Granted I've got a Glock 23 Gen 2 but it's frame turned out cracked and Glock is upgrading me to a Gen 3 frame for free (can read about that here).  My other Glocks have all been Gen 2 or Gen 4. My first was a Gen 4 G26 I purchased LNIB with less than 200 rounds fired for $440 right when I got out the Army in 2014. Eventually traded that off roughly a year later for a Gen 4 G19. Have been alternating between the G19 and G43 ever since but missed having a subcompact in the mix. Traded a built AR (around $500 total build) for a factory FDE Glock 26 Gen 4 with a couple of preban G17 magazines which I promptly sold off for profit. Was planning on keeping that one but got a cash offer for it I couldn't refuse and sold it. This one will definitely be staying with me.

Already installed a smooth trigger, 3.5 disconnecter, and NY1 trigger. The slide has already been sent to Glock for new night sites (had factory white dots) and for a rebuild. Can't wait to go to the range with this bad boy. Sorry for rambling, just very excited

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone make any recommendations on magazine extensions? Want to branch out and not do Pierce extensions
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone make any recommendations on magazine extensions? Want to branch out and not do Pierce extensions
View Quote

I like the Glock ones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I like the Glock ones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the Glock ones.

Where is best place to buy them? I'm having trouble finding just the Glock ones, all.my Google searches are coming up the Pierce
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of the Taran Tactical extensions. The +2/3 size work well on the subcompact sizes...
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a couple of the Taran Tactical extensions. The +2/3 size work well on the subcompact sizes...
View Quote

This.

Although I haven't tried them, HYVE makes an extension for the 26 that looks pretty cool and seems to get good reviews.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]

That's the same set up I use when I +2 my G26 magazines. And what a good price Natchez is offering them at! Or, go to www.glock.com and click on store. They sell the +2 insert and base plate for $7. Buy a coffee mug while your there to.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

Although I haven't tried them, HYVE makes an extension for the 26 that looks pretty cool and seems to get good reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Another vote for the TTIs. I can fit 13 rounds, a be still seat easily. The TTI extensions are shorter in the front than the OEM +2 and a little bit longer in the rear. No harder to conceal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Brownell's has factory 12 rounders on sale right now
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got my first 26 from a local Arfcommer myself!  

Looking forward to taking it to the range soon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently picked up a 26. Got some magpul 15 rounders, plus a couple of x grip sleeves.

The mags with the sleeve on feel good and works well, but felt/functioned fine without the sleeve also.

My current edc is the 26 w/ factory mag and a 15 round spare, no sleeve. It just adds unnecessary bulk, and I aiwb carry.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Planning on grabbing g some x grips once I get funds. Was planning g in doing it today since just got paid but got run off the roadway and got some damage to my car. Thankfully lady who ran me off stopped and I got her info, but still don't know the outcome as this time so have to be careful with the funds
Haven't heard from Glock since my G26 slide got there on Monday, so hopefully it comes back soon so I can be reunited
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't like the pierce?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do, just want to try something different besides my norm
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I have ran the pierce extensions(+0) on my 27 but recently got the +2 just so I can run the normal amount of round (9) because for some reason Glock made a goof with the stock mags. When I put the +2 on and set my mag down after loading the floor plate popped off and so did rounds/spring..yada yada Put it back together and have beat the crap out of it to recreate it, but nothing. Its on to stay on. I can only assume I didn't have the pierce on right the first time. That being said, your post caught my eye for the pierce. But I do like the xgrip for the 26, it looks almost factory. But not for the 27 as they stick way out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, the pierce are awesome just wanted to see what everyone else was running. Have had the Glock +2 on the FDE Glock 26 I had, but I didn't install them and completely forgot about them until someone said something
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have experience with the newish Magpul 12-rounders with the pinky extention?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Track down the OEM 12 rounders by Glock.

Your welcome

Red
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#19]
The best + mags are Factory Glock +2's.  You are getting 12 round mag that will work.  

If you are sticking with a couple of factory 10 rounders I would recommend these for your base plates.  These make the gun feel great and lock in your grip in a way that is hard to describe.

https://concealablecontrol.com/shop/sample-product/
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#20]
44mag.com sells them with the insert for 9.99.  Also CDNN puts them on sale from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Years ago, Generation 2, I had extensions on Glock 17 mags.  Two things happened, either the stock spring had coils fold over on themselves leaving the last 4 rounds in the mag or the base fell off when slamming a mag into battery during a match, spilling rounds all over the deck.  

Do people still have these issues?  (you have to actually shoot your gun to be able to answer this)

I have stayed far away for +x extensions because of this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Years ago, Generation 2, I had extensions on Glock 17 mags.  Two things happened, either the stock spring had coils fold over on themselves leaving the last 4 rounds in the mag or the base fell off when slamming a mag into battery during a match, spilling rounds all over the deck.  

Do people still have these issues?  (you have to actually shoot your gun to be able to answer this)

View Quote

Apples and oranges here.  The Glock 26 magazine uses the same spring as the Glock 19 magazine.  The +2 extension on the G26 mag is much stronger than putting a +2 extension on a Glock 17 mag.    I would not run +2's on a carry 17 but I frequently carry my 26 with +2's.   And yes I shoot my glocks a lot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Planning on getting the plus 2 from Glock, will have to wait until next month payday. Yes, I know it's sub $20 for 2 but got into a wreck the ither night and don't want to spend any extra funds until I know the ither person's insurance is paying for the complete repair and rental
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have them on all but 4 of my G17 mags.  I have approximately 20 or so and have never had the base pop off.  I have dropped them on concrete, tile floors, dirt, sand, and grass.  Some I have worn the springs out and replaced multiple times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I use two different extensions.  I like the Pearce PG26-XL, little longer in the grip than a standard PG26 and I also use the PG39, which I believe adds one extra round.  Both of these match the pistol, seat well and have never caused an issue with feeding.

Tried Scherer at one time, but just never felt right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top