Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2016 12:52:58 PM EDT
I am looking for a new pocket carry pistol, and was considering a Glock model 26.  Does anyone have any experience with them.  My concern is it is a little on the long side, but I have been happy with my other Glock pistols.  Other than to Church, I wear loose fitting jeans.  I was happy with how my S&W 360PD carried, but far less happy with how the internals rusted up and froze from my sweaty pocket.

Any experience would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Too big for pocket carry for me
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Same

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.  

G26 (when I had 1) was took big for pocket carry for me.

Maybe a G43? Not sure  though, I don't own 1.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
g26 = go home, youre drunk

p290rs = fits well, still 9, shit trigger.

For what its worth, i have had both. I still hate the sig trigger but had 100% reliability and like the restrike vs a glock clearing the chamber... but like glock familiarity and part availability. I still own the sig, ive bought and sold 3 g26's
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
It's my dail go to. I can pocket it in baggy clothes. Especially winter months. If you "only" want it for pocket carry, try 43 single stack..

It is a excellent EDC (26) but I use a holster or pocket carry it. I like the fact it accepts all the 9mm double mags-all of them-it's own, the 19, 17 and 18"s mags (15, 17, 33 rd/mags). And it's a bit smaller than the 19.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Only if you wear pants around your hips and not your waist. G26 is too fat. It does appendix carry nicely.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's my dail go to. I can pocket it in baggy clothes. Especially winter months. If you "only" want it for pocket carry, try 43 single stack..

It is a excellent EDC (26) but I use a holster or pocket carry it. I like the fact it accepts all the 9mm double mags-all of them-it's own, the 19, 17 and 18"s mags (15, 17, 33 rd/mags). And it's a bit smaller than the 19.
View Quote

This is a big reason I wanted it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

except that being thick and chunky to accept those double stack mags is what kills it for pocket carry
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, like others, the small physical difference between the 26 and the 43 is big enough for me not to pocket carry.
I enjoy Mexican carrying the 26 with a Glocktech/Mic holster but prefer the 43 all day in a pocket with a MIC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Go for it. I pocket carry a G36.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you wear flat bills hats?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Fits fine in my Dickie pants.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Depends on the pocket, and depends on how much discomfort you want to endure.

If you are 6'7" and you wear bib overalls over thermals, you'll probably be fine.

If you are 5'4" and like skinny jeans, it will carry like a tumor.

Consider a custom-sewn pocket, or pocket holster, to keep the pistol positioned in a consistent position.
It sucks to reach into your pocket, and discover that the gun has spun 180 degrees in the pocket.
The moment you need to draw it quickly is no time for pocket-pool.

Overall, holsters are a better choice for almost all handgun carry.

Its easier to make a wardrobe adjustment at home than it is to fish a Glock muzzle-first out of the front pocket of your Levi's while some goon is breaking liquor bottles over your head.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Pocket carry is G42/43 size pistols.  My question is what do you wear where pocket carry would ever work with a G26.  We talking front or back pocket.  Front in my jeans and I wear loose jeans would look like I had an errection running down the front of my leg.  Back it would look like i shit my pants or tucked my errection.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I can & have pocket carried my G27 on occasion.  It's doable for size in most things I wear. However the weight is what is a PITA.  Feels like a lead weight in my pants. Not comfortable AT ALL.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I wear 5.11 style pants and carry a 27 in a front pocket practically every day.

(Shrugs)

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Front in my jeans and I wear loose jeans would look like I had an errection running down the front of my leg.
View Quote

Is that a Glock in your pocket or are you just happy to see me
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Depends on the pocket, and depends on how much discomfort you want to endure.

If you are 6'7" and you wear bib overalls over thermals, you'll probably be fine.

If you are 5'4" and like skinny jeans, it will carry like a tumor.

Consider a custom-sewn pocket, or pocket holster, to keep the pistol positioned in a consistent position.
It sucks to reach into your pocket, and discover that the gun has spun 180 degrees in the pocket.
The moment you need to draw it quickly is no time for pocket-pool.

Overall, holsters are a better choice for almost all handgun carry.

Its easier to make a wardrobe adjustment at home than it is to fish a Glock muzzle-first out of the front pocket of your Levi's while some goon is breaking liquor bottles over your head.
View Quote

This man speaks truth.  I pocket carried a 26 for about five years.  Relaxed fit jeans (wranglers had the best pockets for carry, imo.).  It can be done but you do have to tailor your wardrobe to the gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fits fine in my Dickie pants.
View Quote
+1
Also fatigues
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

(Shrugs)

View Quote
5.11 pants scream 'I'm carrying'

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
5.11 pants with a G26 size and shaped lump bulging out of them scream 'I'm carrying'  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Shrugs)

5.11 pants with a G26 size and shaped lump bulging out of them scream 'I'm carrying'  

FIFY

But honestly, I can't imagine trying to squeeze a glock 26 in any of my pants pockets.  A buddy of mine has a Glock 26 and it is definitely much fatter and just about as heavy as my 3" sub compact 1911.  I have previously tried to pocket carry my 3" 1911 with not much luck either.  I do my best to dress for my carry, such as buying all my pants(Levi's mainly) 2 waist sizes bigger and my shirts 1 size larger.  But to pocket carry a Glock 26 I feel I would have to dress like a clown.

ETA:  
Don't worry boys my primary CCW IWB is a Gen2 G17.  Sorry for ruining your beautiful subforum with blasphemy and rantings about 1911's.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Way too big and heavy for "normal" pants.

For pocket carry I would go with a 42 or 43.

Hell, some people on here bitch about the G42 being too big for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naah. I'm grown. Carhartt's and Yeti hats mostly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#25]
l dpends on the pants you wear is my answer.  I could cargo pocket carry a G26 pretty easily.  I also ankle carried it when I wanted a deeper concealment.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I pocket carry a 23.  I print.  I'm in an OC state now, so don't really care that I print.

My next pistol is a 26, just need the 9x19mm SUB 2000 1st.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I pocket carry a 23.  I print.  I'm in an OC state now, so don't really care that I print.

View Quote

What kind of pants, size, and which pocket?  You a big guy?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I can pocket a G26; however I have to choose clothing that allow for it. I use a pocket (forget the brand-made from horse hide). I will wear a baggy jean for example and can pull it off. However, If I wear form fitting jeans, no go.

I work in healthcare. Sometimes I wear that type clothing. It drops right into (with pocket holster) my pocket of the the top. If I'm in causal business dress, Docker type pant, can do. You can also ankle carry it.

I USUALLY however, carry it owb with shirt over it and do fine. When I see patient's, I DO NOT carry unless I'm going into a community that is questionable. That is rare.

You can do it, but, you have to match clothing to pull it off and have a holster that prevents it's prints. Yeah, you may see a buldge in my pocket, but, NOT the gun outline. And a decent pocket holster hooks into the corner of your pant, so if you draw it, the holster says put because it hooks onto the corner of your pocket. If winter months, I can carry it in my coat pocket.

But yeah, if you wanna pocket carry most of the time, try the 43. As I said, I usually owb mine, but do pocket it sometimes too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordinary cheapest WalMart jeans, front pocket.  20 lbs heavier than my early college years, but I'm not a big chap - 160 lbs.  Very easy to see I've got a Glock in my pocket.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FIFY

But honestly, I can't imagine trying to squeeze a glock 26 in any of my pants pockets.  A buddy of mine has a Glock 26 and it is definitely much fatter and just about as heavy as my 3" sub compact 1911.  I have previously tried to pocket carry my 3" 1911 with not much luck either.  I do my best to dress for my carry, such as buying all my pants(Levi's mainly) 2 waist sizes bigger and my shirts 1 size larger.  But to pocket carry a Glock 26 I feel I would have to dress like a clown.

ETA:  
Don't worry boys my primary CCW IWB is a Gen2 G17.  Sorry for ruining your beautiful subforum with blasphemy and rantings about 1911's.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Shrugs)

FIFY

ETA:  

Well

I wear them because everybody here wears them.

At home / outside of work, I wear cargo shorts until there's snow.

I took a pic to demonstrate you can't see them in the work pants, then thought better of it.

The thing is, ah, at the risk of offending, some of us don't wear skinny jeans or yoga pants.

I'm 5'10 and massively obese. Still find room to carry every day.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#31]
None of my jeans/shorts' pockets are big enough for the G26, but it's a great little gun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd make sure and get one of those kydex trigger guard covers, but that's just me.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I pocket carry all of my glocks from time to time 26,19,17,34, and 17L.
But I don't care if I print either.
LCP when I want stealth and anything under a sport coat if I feel a need.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, and it is the perfect size/shape for me for appendix carry.  It's too big for me to pocket carry.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#35]

I find my 26 a little chunky for pocket carry.  It can be done but there are better options IMO.  It is great IWB in my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0.

I know this is Blasphemy here in the Glock forum, but, my Ruger LC9S pro is really nice in the pocket of the proper pants.  I like bigger pockets myself.

It is also incredibly comfortable IWB, also with an Alien Gear Holster, pretty much disappears.  I'm currently looking for a nice appendix holster for it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I do it with a 27. If you're a socks and sandals kind of guy or a hipster then probably not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top