Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 8:23:21 PM EDT
I carry a G19 thinking about having it cut for RMR.

How here carries with RMR? Do you like it would you recommend it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry one sometimes, but it has a FF3 & it turns off in "I think 8 hours" so I have another G19MOS that I'm going to get a red dot for that will stay on until it is turned off, maybe one that does not require a battery.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the dual illumination RMR 5g that I have been daily carrying for a month as an experiment for work. Dual illum model is always on and never needs a battery. So far there have been zero issues but I do find that I need to wipe the lense weekly because of lint. I've carried it IWB, OWB and in a safariland custom ALS holster for tactical use all without issues. I live at sea level but work all over the nation. A few weeks back I took it to Colorado while on a work assignment and confirmed its zero at 6000+ feet. No issues. So far it's been tugged, reliable and trouble free.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been carrying a 17.4
for a few months with an
RM08G. I really like it &
and I don't intend to carry
anything else.

I am running an OEM barrel in
an SI milled slide. I am close
to ordering an "match grade"
tactical barrel to close up my
shot groups even more.

I am currently on the hunt for
the most accurate production
self defense ammo I can find.

It gives me the ability to make head
shot almost effortlessly out to 40
yards.

COM shots at that distance are
cake.

This for me is a simple product of
what our times & current state of
national chaos has driven me too do.

John
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a RM01 on my full size M&P 9. I've carried it daily for 1.5 years or so. Other than changing the battery once a year and wiping off the lint that accumulates, it is good to go. In my experience the dual illuminated ones aren't all that great, especially if you're in a dark or dim area pointing the gun into a lit area.

Also, send it to Doug at ATEi, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the biggest issue with a rmr is getting used to the sight. I like the idea but would prefer it for a competition style pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Had four.  One is great, one is so-so, the other two are crap.  Trijicon says they is what they is.  The 'bad 'ones still ok for outdoors in bright daylight only, no good for any other situations, actually so bad as to be unusable for any other situations.  The good one is very old, the others are new.  Trijicon cannot fix or adjust them.  Buyer beware.  

Very good for precision and long range.  With practice they are faster than iron sights.  They are better if you have old eyes.  However don't count on them being usable in dim light, or indoors, or when moving from one type of light condition to another.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the dual illumination RMR 5g that I have been daily carrying for a month as an experiment for work. Dual illum model is always on and never needs a battery. So far there have been zero issues but I do find that I need to wipe the lense weekly because of lint. I've carried it IWB, OWB and in a safariland custom ALS holster for tactical use all without issues. I live at sea level but work all over the nation. A few weeks back I took it to Colorado while on a work assignment and confirmed its zero at 6000+ feet. No issues. So far it's been tugged, reliable and trouble free.
View Quote

Is that the 3.25 MOA?

And what may I ask do you do for a living?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
My RMRs are on CZ's, not Glocks, but I carry the P07 every day, every where I go.  Today it went on two dog walks, one trip to the mail box and trip to Walmart.  I've only been carrying the P07 with the RMR since March or early April.  No issues with it.

I've got the dual illuminated models on both guns.  One green dot and one amber dot.  Don't get the green dot.  It fades from view if you're in a low light area and the target is in bright light.  The amber dot is still visible in those conditions.

As others have said, clean the lint off of it when needed.

I also have back up iron sights on mine.  Even if the green dot on the P09 is hard to see (me in a low light area and the target in a bright light area) the iron sights are still highly visible in those conditions.  If I couldn't have the BUIS I wouldn't have gone with a dot sight on the pistols.  

I've got a couple/three holsters for the P07.  An Air Marshal 3, one IWB kydex holster I had made at a gun show and an IWB leather/kydex holster I bought a kit off ebay and then fit it (kydex) to the pistol and leather.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#10]

I will do some reading.

I have been using the FF3 on my M&P but do not carry it  but at the range I do like it better than the irons and shoot it a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a G19L with an RMR01 that's been my EDC for the last 2 years. I carry primarily AIWB but occasionally OWB. I switch out the battery once a year. Holds zero, no issues. Fast shooter on the range, helps being extremely accurate with practice. Luckily, I haven't had to use it in a defensive situation but I'm 100% confident in it.

IMO suppressor sights are a must if it's going to be a self defense firearm. Just a heads up that it will be a small added expense when/if you get it cut.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a G19L with an RMR01 that's been my EDC for the last 2 years. I carry primarily AIWB but occasionally OWB. I switch out the battery once a year. Holds zero, no issues. Fast shooter on the range, helps being extremely accurate with practice. Luckily, I haven't had to use it in a defensive situation but I'm 100% confident in it.

IMO suppressor sights are a must if it's going to be a self defense firearm. Just a heads up that it will be a small added expense when/if you get it cut.

Good luck!
View Quote

Did you get tritium rears or plain steel?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#13]
For a carry gun, I feel it must
have tritiums, front & rear.

Anything less it makes it a
range gun only.

You need functional back ups
if the optic fails, or to find the
dot when in unusual positions.

John
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Been carrying with one for years and have had no issues.  Plenty durable and easily concealed.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is that the 3.25 MOA?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the 3.25 MOA?

It's the 9moa dot in green. My only regret is that I should have gotten a smaller dot 5-7 is probably best.
Fed who does a lot of traveling /training / teaching / working.

The comment from one poster " stay away from dual illum because dot is hard to see in a dark room when pointed out a window" is somewhat accurate, but suppressor height sights means that you can still aim and hit with the pistol. I would rather have the dual illum then a battery powered version that I need to manually turn up or down the brightness on. Plus battery changes means removing the RMR and then reattaching it as well as confirming zero. I prefer he dual illum but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's the 9moa dot in green. My only regret is that I should have gotten a smaller dot 5-7 is probably best.

The comment from one poster " stay away from dual illum because dot is hard to see in a dark room when pointed out a window" is somewhat accurate, but suppressor height sights means that you can still aim and hit with the pistol. I would rather have the dual illum then a battery powered version that I need to manually turn up or down the brightness on. Plus battery changes means removing the RMR and then reattaching it as well as confirming zero. I prefer he dual illum but YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the 3.25 MOA?

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

Suarez plain steel when it was first cut. Added the Suarez tritium rear about 5 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been carrying a 19 mos with a rmr09.

Started with trijicon suppressor sights. I finally took sights off after I felt comfortable with the rmr reliability.

So far, I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top