Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 4:08:59 PM EDT
trying to find which model to get for my g19. It will be strictly for my handguns and never go on any of my rifles.

Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the way the A and its non-ultra predecessor went on. So easy on and off. I would do a B on a rifle's rail but would very much prefer the A for a pistol unless I didn't plan on taking the light off much.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought the X300U-A for my 1911 Operator and I regret not getting the X300U-B.  When first removed from the packaging it fit so tight on the rail that removal was very difficult.  Now, after ~300rds with the light attached it rattles like a tin can.  Another additional negative is the light comes with two mounting plates, one "U" for universal, and a "P" for picatinny rails.  In order to change the insert, six bolts must be removed and then replaced.  Glocks and my non MK25 P226 require the "U" mount which creates excessive play on everything else, so basically I'm stuck with a dedicated light for my Operator.

If I had it to do over again I would buy a "B" variant, and truthfully I will probably end up trading/selling this one off.  I much prefer the variable tension of the TLR-1 style mount.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]

The SF X300U-B is the one I purchased for my G19, gen 4.  

It attaches easily and can easily be removed.

I believe the "B" is an updated model, with the mounting system similar to the X400.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Something to think about:

I have had many Surefire pistol lights starting with the X200. I usually use the crossbar, but didn't mind the regular wings you press down.

Locally a guy was wanting to trade an X300U-B for an A. Since I had an extra A I wasn't using, I thought I would give it a shot. I have had some pistols (mainly HK and a Sphinx) that it was next to impossible to get an X300 on. I thought I would try the B.

We met briefly and traded. Later that night he messaged me and asked if I cared if we traded back. I asked if something was wrong. He said the A wobbled on his frame.

Fast forward to today. We met to swap back and so I could check out his Agency magwell. He showed me how the A fit on his Gen 4 G19. Sure enough, wobble wobble. I put the light on mine and it fit perfectly.

After looking at his, we discovered that the B model clamped his rail together deforming it. He said he only would hand tighten it, then use a coin to turn about a quarter turn. He doesn't seem like the ham fisted type.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my old X300s got wobbly. I found that the wobble went away after I tightened the six screws holding the mount on . I only discovered this because tried out switching from "U" it "P" on it and switched back. Something to try if you get one that's loose.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]

I'm going to get the Surefire XC-1 for my G19.4,

Here's a couple of reasons; Smaller, Lighter and Flush with the barrel & same cost as the X300's as New.

I know the XC-1 only throws 200 Lumen vice the 600 Lumen of the X300 Series, but that's why I also carry a High Output flashlight on my person.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of my old X300s got wobbly. I found that the wobble went away after I tightened the six screws holding the mount on . I only discovered this because tried out switching from "U" it "P" on it and switched back. Something to try if you get one that's loose.
View Quote

This was loose with the A because where he had been using the B it warped the rails where it was clamped down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm going to get the Surefire XC-1 for my G19.4,

Here's a couple of reasons; Smaller, Lighter and Flush with the barrel & same cost as the X300's as New.

I know the XC-1 only throws 200 Lumen vice the 600 Lumen of the X300 Series, but that's why I also carry a High Output flashlight on my person.
View Quote

Had an XC1 for 1 week, sold it.

Great size. Good output for what it was. I absolutely hated the switches. Guess if I hadn't used x200's and x300's for years it wouldn't have bothered me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the A model V (with IR) for almost a year now. It's still super tight on my 2005 P226R and my new G34 4th gen MOS. It came with U insert installed, so I left it alone.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the XC1, as well as both X300s. I love the package/size of the XC1, and actually like the control buttons on it as well. Im not fond of the fact that the light has no throw whatsoever, not even a hotspot in the middle. I think if it were to have a different beam pattern more like the X300, the lower amount of lumens would be more useable.

As far as the mounts of the 300, I prefer the B model. The A model that I have has the slightest bit of movement when installed, and when the activation button is pushed forward, the light moves forward just enough to feel it moving. I still love it and use it, but the B model has no movement at all when tightened down.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This was loose with the A because where he had been using the B it warped the rails where it was clamped down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I see. Copy.

Quoted:
I have the XC1, as well as both X300s. I love the package/size of the XC1, and actually like the control buttons on it as well. Im not fond of the fact that the light has no throw whatsoever, not even a hotspot in the middle. I think if it were to have a different beam pattern more like the X300, the lower amount of lumens would be more useable.

As far as the mounts of the 300, I prefer the B model. The A model that I have has the slightest bit of movement when installed, and when the activation button is pushed forward, the light moves forward just enough to feel it moving. I still love it and use it, but the B model has no movement at all when tightened down.

Bold above. I had an XC-1 for a about a week and sold it due to this.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont think I will be going the XC1 route, it definitely is more compact but I have read a ton of reviews and complaints about controls.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
APL. 300 is retarded on a smaller pistol.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
APL. 300 is retarded on a smaller pistol.
View Quote

Possibly, but sometimes you just need a light that works.

Sent two back for switch issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top