Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 9:56:46 PM EDT
Is there something special about the gun that makes Glock sell it for less to LE/MIL?

I just got my first Glock, a plain jane gen 3 G19 on the Blue Label program. The box has some very interesting stickers on it.

The white label says "GLOCK 19 9MM PSTL TNFR FXD 5LB REST CONVERSION WITH NON MATCHING SERIAL"

Sure enough, my barrel serial does not match my frame and slide.

The blue label has a number in the top right that says "PI195xxxxTB," but the "TB" has been colored over with a marker.

Why is the "TB" crossed out? Why did my pistol not have a threaded barrel?  Any insight in to what all of these markings mean?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just the label color.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Rebuilt / Refurb gun - never seen one on the blue label program.

"GLOCK 19 9MM PSTL TNFR FXD 5LB REST CONVERSION WITH NON MATCHING SERIAL"

Glock 19 9MM Pistol, Tenifer, 5 lbs fixed trigger, restoration, conversion with non matching serial.  Hence the lack of a threaded barrel.   - That's just a guess though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
No Federal Excise Tax.

Color of label.

3 mags including Gen 3 guns.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Federal Excise Tax.

Color of label.

3 mags including Gen 3 guns.
View Quote

Blue label guns pay excise tax on individual purchases    The tax does not get charged when going to a gov agency.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
3 mags and a blue sticker...that is all
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3 mags and a blue sticker...that is all
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#7]
And the other guy that said the threaded barrel removed is correct. That why it's non-matching serial. The original barrel was removed and replaced for some reason. That number you stated, is the Glock factory part number and will also contain codes if the frame is colored-such as grey frame=TBGF

However, the label would not be blue. Likely red or whte. This is because the blue labels only come in black. At least until this point.

That contract Glock was awarded for the FBI states: there must be available frame colors in green and tan as well as non-reflective black.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Did your box have a blue label on it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#9]
And the label colors DO have meaning.

Red=mag capacity >10 rds
white=mag 10 or <
Both public sale guns.

Blue is for LEO's, military and GSSF.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
In the case of my new blue label 34, it was shipped with fixed sights and a dot connector instead of the usual adjustable signs and minus connector.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And the other guy that said the threaded barrel removed is correct. That why it's non-matching serial. The original barrel was removed and replaced for some reason. That number you stated, is the Glock factory part number and will also contain codes if the frame is colored-such as grey frame=TBGF

However, the label would not be blue. Likely red or whte. This is because the blue labels only come in black. At least until this point.

That contract Glock was awarded for the FBI states: there must be available frame colors in green and tan as well as non-reflective black.
View Quote

why would the barrel have been changed? is it common?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE gun that was ordered and never delivered, or unissued and returned to Glock. I would guess the standard barrels sell better in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In the case of my new blue label 34, it was shipped with fixed sights and a dot connector instead of the usual adjustable signs and minus connector.
View Quote

All the Blue Label 34/35's come this way since the (-) connector is not for "duty use"

As for the op's pistol, I have never seen a refurbish pistol sold as blue label
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not common as far as I know; at least I've never seen it before.  All my blue labels have all matching #s and besides the color of the label on the box are the same as any other Glock.  I would not have accepted that Glock with mis-matching serial #s as it affects its resale value should you decide to sell it one day down the road.

Quoted:
Quoted:

All the Blue Label 34/35's come this way since the (-) connector is not for "duty use"

As for the op's pistol, I have never seen a refurbish pistol sold as blue label

Both my blue label 34 and 35 came with the minus connector
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd call Glock and ask why a refurbed pistol was sold to you on the blue label program.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Like most have said, there is pretty much no difference on gen 4 guns and you get an extra mag with gen 3 guns. I say pretty much with gen 4 as I bought a G40 that came with a 5.5lb trigger and fixed sights when they normally come with a 4.5lb trigger and adjustable sights. That is strange you seem to have gotten a refurbished gun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Glock is looking in to it. They said it was supposed to be a threaded barrel model, so the confusion may have come from the threaded barrel being removed and replaced with a non-threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Glock told me this is a Blue Label gun that had its threaded barrel removed and replaced with a regular barrel. Serial numbers wouldn't match due to the barrel removal. Said this is kosher.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Red=mag capacity >10 rds
white=mag 10 or <
Both public sale guns.

View Quote

My experience is Blue = Public Safety ( Fire, EMS, LEO, Mil) & GSSF

I am a firefighter and 1st responder and have bought 4 Blue Label glocks. I have bought them from 2 different Blue label dealers and one charged more for the same model. So dont know if he was making some money off the sale or their are different levels of Blue Label distributors. I buy mine from the other company now.

Also Buds Gun Shop has a Qualified Professionals section where they sell  Colt, Smith Wesson, Beretta, H&K, Kahr, Springfield Armory and FN pistols. Their is also a Rifle and Shotgun section with various companies listed. Do npt know how good some of the deals are. I have looked at the M&P series and they are a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#21]
The older OD green frames used to be available on the blue label program around 2005/2006
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#22]
The older OD green frames used to be available on the blue label program around 2005/2006
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, the label would not be blue. Likely red or white. This is because the blue labels only come in black. At least until this point.

No, not common as far as I know. If it was refurbished blue label; I doubt it was because the gun did not work. It most likely was requested after LE purchase and subsequently changed if it's a blue label.

If it's a red or white, that could mean Glock refurbished it and replaced the original purchaser with another pistol. If it's a white label G19, that means it originally sold in a lib state where mag capacities are limited to 10 or less rounds.

I bought a "new-old stock" blue label that sat on some LE agencies shelf for 3 years (it came from a LE supplier in Pittsburgh so it could have been Federal trade in because it has TrijiconHD sites-Feds always seek Trijicon night sights for some reason-certainly NOT exclusive to Feds however) and was never issued and traded in. It is a blue label G30g4 made in 2012 and I bought it last year......
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am a firefighter and 1st responder and have bought 4 Blue Label glocks. I have bought them from 2 different Blue label dealers and one charged more for the same model. So dont know if he was making some money off the sale or their are different levels of Blue Label distributors. I buy mine from the other company now.

Also Buds Gun Shop has a Qualified Professionals section where they sell  Colt, Smith Wesson, Beretta, H&K, Kahr, Springfield Armory and FN pistols. Their is also a Rifle and Shotgun section with various companies listed. Do npt know how good some of the deals are. I have looked at the M&P series and they are a good deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red=mag capacity >10 rds
white=mag 10 or <
Both public sale guns.

Yes, I failed to include first responders, but yep, I agree. Glock has blue labels prices published, so yeah, that higher selling dealer price was them adding their coin most likely. GSSF also pays slightly higher prices than military or LEO's and 1st responders.

ADD: their published prices are for GSSF from my memory though. It's found on their website, Glock USA=GSSF area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LE gun that was ordered and never delivered, or unused and returned to Glock. I would guess the standard barrels sell better in the wild.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, the label would not be blue. Likely red or white. This is because the blue labels only come in black. At least until this point.

LE gun that was ordered and never delivered, or unused and returned to Glock. I would guess the standard barrels sell better in the wild.

Most any time a gun is returned to Glock is due to warranty coverage. Whenever a gun is traded, they go to the distributor, who allows them credit against the new replacements and the dist turns around and sells to the public, in most cases. If it is a blue label; OP's is white label and has refurbished on the label. That says to me it maybe a warranty exchange; however, this could be done with a public sold gun as well. No way to really know. The selling dealers are NOT allowed to change new guns parts thus changing serial numbers. Glock CAN do that and happens, in example, if they have to replace a frame. Otherwise, it gets more technical because of BATF rules/regs......knowing that the BATF only cares about the frames serial number. But Glock, as far as I know will not allow dealers to switch around parts in a new, never sold gun.

Also, in most Federal contracts, the Fed write into the contract, if a gun is returned because it has a defect, Glock MUST replace the entire gun, and not make any attempt to fix the gun and return it to the Fed; such as in the FBI contract. They then have to refurbish (fix) the gun then sell it as a refurbished gun, even though it may be new. That's just how Fed contracts are written. States LE agencies 'could' be the same, IDK.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
That's not normal. My half dozen blue labels were new numbers matching with a blue sticker on the box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top