Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 10:13:58 PM EDT
What the hell? I don't even own a Glock.  3 1911s. I don't remember smoking any crack. My understanding is I can go ahead and get the discount since I bought a 2 year membership. Processed last week. Should get member packet maybe by week end.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, if you join at the 2 year membership you get the coupon in the mail shortly after.

It takes a week or 2 but they usually send some "swag" with the coupon. Soft pistol case, stickers, patch, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
love glock and i own several, but what exactly is the point?

Edit: i failed to open link above and read.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I joined it several years ago. I have yet to use a coupon. You will need to use your coupons and not hold on to them for a long time if you joined at 2 year membership. I did the 5 year so each coupon does not expire until 2020. That said, I don't know how they determine how long your coupon is good for until it will expire. I know I first joined for a year, then after gaining understanding, I went back and picked up 5 more years. So, since I first became a member in 2014, adding the five years makes them good until mid 2020.

Moral, watch the expiration date on the coupons. I've been lazy and have not wanted to drive 120 miles round trip to use one. And I avoid buying my Glocks in my state due to sales tax. That cost more than shipping and FFL combined on a new pistol, usually, in my case.....

The Glock Dist that accepts the coupon is in my state (GT Dist). So, 120 mile drive, sales tax (no FFL since their selling the firearm) equals, me lazy because my saving are not really big enough to motivate me under those circumstances . I usually shop around, and find the best deal I can out of state and usually 20-25 shipping (but I look for the ones with free shipping) + 15 (my FFL fee) so, it is what it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That explains things a lot better. Thanks. Looks like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Member packet came yesterday. Now to decide. Trade the last 1911 I bought? SA GI Champion. Nothing special. Trade it for G19 without coupon and use coupon on G43 or G17 before year end? Keep the 1911 and buy outright? I have 2 others that I absolutely would not part with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I would not wait to buy too long. I just got a G19 after a 4 month wait. And that was from a very large Glock distributor. The 19s sell very quick around here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my G19 today. Now a holster. Thinking Milt Sparks VM2. Can't wait
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you get another coupon at the end of your 2 year membership?  I plan on re-upping anyway, but that would be cool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
yes, you will. You get one each year your a member. When you renew, it will depend when your next one comes. Usually, it's always on your join date anniversary as long as you don't allow your membership to lapse or expire.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I joined years back and used two of the three coupons I got. Living where I do now, I wouldn't join because matches and blue label dealers are a few hours drive away. However, when a blue label dealer was close and matches came by at least once a year, we worth it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I've bought 5 or 6 Glocks at blue label price through the program and won a pistol purchase certificate at a match.  GSSF is a great!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
GSSF is great IMO. People who run the outdoor matches are top notch. Other companies are missing out on some good customer relations by not having similar programs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Ask AJE why joining GSSF is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Regarding the coupon; I live nowhere close to any Blue Label Dealers.  Can the gun be purchased from one of them and be shipped to a local FFL?

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I joined years back and used two of the three coupons I got. Living where I do now, I wouldn't join because matches and blue label dealers are a few hours drive away. However, when a blue label dealer was close and matches came by at least once a year, we worth it.
View Quote

I was a member a while ago also.  But the closest dealer was almost 2 hours one way.  Not really a cost savings after the hassle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been thinking of going just to go to the Armorer's course.  But the type of shooting they do doesn't seem like a ton of fun.  Guess I need to actually go shoot a match and see how they are in person.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Regarding the coupon; I live nowhere close to any Blue Label Dealers.  Can the gun be purchased from one of them and be shipped to a local FFL?

View Quote

YES, it can.Call them. Tell them your a GSSF member with coupon. They will say to you what gun you want, tell you how to send the coupon and FFL info, and when they get it, they will call you for payment. then ship to your FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top