Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 6:37:04 PM EDT
this happens randomly,  and with different magazines.
what may be causing this?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
All stock internals? Last round of magazine only?

I'd take a look at the extractor, remove slide and field strip. See if an empty case slides easily behind the claw without binding. Or check to see if your ejector looks worn out or bent.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the extractor rod metal to metal and plastic to plastic?  Spring and plastic end should be against end plate and metal end should be against extractor.

Does the extractor even move?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the extractor rod metal to metal and plastic to plastic?  Spring and plastic end should be against end plate and metal end should be against extractor.

Does the extractor even move?
View Quote
I'll check.

This is for another ARFCOMMER who was at the range.  I took the pic and posted from the range.

I'm sure he'll be along at some point.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the ejector look like? Look at bottom through mag well, see if ejector is under case.

I'd replace the trigger housing, see what happens, or swap trigger housing with another gun and see if problem migrates to other gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
More pics will be more helpful... Take a side pic of the extractor.  Pic of ejector.  Breach face as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Ejector bypassing case head?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
First thing I would do is clean the gun, including the taking the slide apart and cleaning the extractor channels, and parts.  It could also be an ammo problem.  The rims may be out of spec, or getting bent due to being too hot, especially if they are reloads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top