Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 8:03:28 PM EDT
I just picked up a good deal on a 23.4, couldn't say no.  The G4 grip fits my hand perfectly and love the pistol.  I've been carrying a 19.2 or 26.3 with no issues, but finding the G4 grip texture is rubbing my side raw after an all day carry.  I really don't want to have it modified yet... I have a tendency to trade a lot.   I'm a medium build, 5'8" 180# so it isn't like I've got rolls over it.  I carry at about 4 o'clock in an Alien Gear 3.0 tuck.  Love the holster...

What're y'all doing?  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what I have on all my Glocks

http://www.pistolaccents.com/Agrip_Gun_Grips.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup either get the above to the rubber talon grips they save your skin...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Wear an inner shirt?
I carry IWB and have been for the last ten years.  Only done it a couple times without an inner shirt and didnt like it one bit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where an inner shirt?
I carry IWB and have been for the last ten years.  Only done it a couple times without an inner shirt and didnt like it one bit.
View Quote

^^^^yes undershirts are your friend. If you get the nice UnderArmor tanks for summer they won't make you feel hotter. I never liked undershirts, but it didn't take long to get used to it. MUCH more comfy carrying.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

^^^^yes undershirts are your friend. If you get the nice UnderArmor tanks for summer they won't make you feel hotter. I never liked undershirts, but it didn't take long to get used to it. MUCH more comfy carrying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where an inner shirt?

Here is a secret they are cooler in hotter climates it prevents the sweat from evaporating off as fast, keeps sweat odor on the undershirt, and protects from carry hot spots.  I like the adidas tech fit shirts ultra thin and cool.  I live in south Texas and I sweat a lot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Undershirt or just deal with it. Mine's stippled to high-hell and it was a concern initially, but you'll forget about it fast.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here is a secret they are cooler in hotter climates it prevents the sweat from evaporating off as fast, keeps sweat odor on the undershirt, and protects from carry hot spots.  I like the adidas tech fit shirts ultra thin and cool.  I live in south Texas and I sweat a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where an inner shirt?

+1 When it's really hot out the right undershirt helps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where an inner shirt?

Everyone always wondered how the middle eastern men could be in 120F tempswith the layers of clothes they wore.  They wear those for reasons because it keeps the sweat from just evaporating away in 2 seconds and it made them smell like holy Hell but they were pretty cool because they could hold on to the sweat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Gen4 Glocks are my favorite but I carry a Gen3 for that reason.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Is no one doing A Grips anymore?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is what I have on all my Glocks

http://www.pistolaccents.com/Agrip_Gun_Grips.html
View Quote

+1 for AGrip.  Been carrying my G32 for over a decade, and I am only on my 2nd one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the idea of A grips, but the reason I like the G4 is that the grips are just slightly smaller and they fit my hand better.  I think putting on the A grips would negate that.  I'm going to try some quality t-shirts... UA heat shield or something . A lot of you said it's ok in the heat, and it should eliminate the problem.

Thanks for all the ideas... Keep them coming!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Nah, Agrips are maybe 1/32" thick.  Negligible.  You could do the undershirt (I do myself), but they do make one warmer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#15]
A Grips are so thin that you can still see and slightly feel the grip stippling.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
If you don't like the shirt idea, you could lessen the texture with some fine grit paper, just on the skin contact side.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I always wear an undershirt, before and after starting to conceal. I am surprised not many others do this while carrying, so much more convenient and comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Undershirt is the way to go.   I have really aggressive texturing on my frames and don't feel a thing.  I like that is also keeps body grime off the gun
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I was facing the same issue after picking up my 26.4. I'm also carrying in an AG 3.0. When I got home from work in the evenings, it felt like I had spent the day on a slip-n-slide made of 40 grit sand paper. Not very comfortable, to say the least! It's been a couple of weeks now, and the only thing I did was change to a much stiffer belt than I started out with (still need to find a decent dedicated gun belt, but that's a topic for another [existing] thread). I don't notice much in the way of chafing at all now after the belt switcheroo.

The other suggestion a buddy made was to wear an undershirt as others here have mentioned, but I tend to run hot, so I have been hoping to avoid that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top