Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 11:33:43 PM EDT
Just picked up my first Glock this week, a Glock 19. You know its a good weapon when the guy standing next to you at the gun counter says, "great choice man, I have 12 of them." Anyway, I am researching holsters now and reading some posts in the archives. I'm looking for an IWB option that checks a few boxes:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant
3. Somewhat breathable. Hard plastic polymer gets uncomfortable in an Alabama summer
4. Rides fairly high or is adjustable
5. Bonus points if can be worn OWB as well.

I conceal carry right now using a Desantis which is ok, but uncomforable after a while. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
There's lots to choose from out there, here is one that might work for ya.?

http://stealthgearusa.com/shop/holsters
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]

View Quote
Check out the Comp-Tac MTAC.  I tried a few holsters and evntually settled on this one. I have been carrying my G22 (same size as G19) in it for years.

1. Comfortable

Like anything comfort is a bit of a compromise but I have found this to be quite comfortable positioned anywhere from around 3:00 to 5:30

2. Has adjustable cant

The cant is adjustable using screws on the struts of the belt clips

3. Somewhat breathable. Hard plastic polymer gets uncomfortable in an Alabama summer

This holster is designed with kydex on the outside and leather against the skin, while not a super breathable modern fabric I have found it to be comfortable

Same answer as #3 you can adjust for ride height to an extent

No bonus points. This holster is IWB only

You will likely have to experiment a bit to find what works for you but this one has been my go to for years.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the Comp-Tac MTAC.  I tried a few holsters and evntually settled on this one. I have been carrying my G22 (same size as G19) in it for years.

1. Comfortable
Like anything comfort is a bit of a compromise but I have found this to be quite comfortable positioned anywhere from around 3:00 to 5:30
2. Has adjustable cant
This holster is designed with kydex on the outside and leather against the skin, while not a super breathable modern fabric I have found it to be comfortable

You will likely have to experiment a bit to find what works for you but this one has been my go to for years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant

I have used one for over 10years for my G32 and G19.  I do not use anymore only because they do not make one compatible with the XC1 weaponlight.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just picked up my first Glock this week, a Glock 19. You know its a good weapon when the guy standing next to you at the gun counter says, "great choice man, I have 12 of them." Anyway, I am researching holsters now and reading some posts in the archives. I'm looking for an IWB option that checks a few boxes:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant

I conceal carry right now using a Desantis which is ok, but uncomforable after a while. Thoughts?
View Quote

The following is just my opinion only.
While you may be able to complete everything on that list, it's a tall order.
Regarding iwb, I say this with a love of cc, there is no truly comfortable iwb at all, we were not born with a slot for it.
I have tried a number of things and what I come back to for iwb is size, smaller is better and feel against skin is important, fit for YOU is the most important.

The only way to find out is to try em, you will get a lot of recomendations here and elsewhere.
It gets hot in Eas Tex also and I only wear kydex due to safety (I feel it is superior to leather).
There are any number of things you can stick on the skin side of kydex to soften the feel, against skin.
The one that I have found that is cheap and easy and can be replaced at a moments notice would get me laughed out of this thread..

Also belt is just as critical as the holster, you HAVE to have a good gun belt.
With all of that being said, I am gonna go to owb when possible for one thing only, comfort, will wear a loose fit baggy shirt.
I can't cc at work so cc is only about 30% of my time.
Got a steriod shot 2 days ago in my right hip for an inflamed bursa, Doc lady suggested I move my holster for awhile, I carried it in with me.
It sits 1" above the painful area, so definitely a possible connection.

Sorry for the long ass post but people need to understand, not one fits all and every one of us is built differently.
I wish you a great holster hunt, and hope you find what fits YOU.

I use contact concealment and have used an arfcomer..good medicine..great guy
These are just basic kydex though, where I take classes, kydex is mandatory last I heard.

Good luck and Glocks are great.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Raven Eidolon.

It does everything you want, except the breathable part. I live in Louisiana and deal with, so suck it up, buttercup
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]
MTAC G-19 here as well...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The only way to find out is to try em, you will get a lot of recomendations here and elsewhere.

It gets hot in Eas Tex also and I only wear kydex due to safety (I feel it is superior to leather).

There are any number of things you can stick on the skin side of kydex to soften the feel, against skin.

The one that I have found that is cheap and easy and can be replaced at a moments notice would get me laughed out of this thread..

View Quote

Well now I'm curious.  What's the secret?  If it works who cares if folks laugh?

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well now I'm curious.  What's the secret?  If it works who cares if folks laugh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddy of mine uses the soft side of Velcro strips in hot spots.

Interested as well......
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interested as well......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested as well......

I used moleskin on a comptac ctac holster before changing to the mtac. Moleskin works well on holster hotspots..
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Love both my Aliengear tuck 3.0....  Wear them all day most days and even on hot days it's comfortable.   Don't like the feel of sweaty leather and hate that they seem to squeak when moving around.  Haven't tried their OWB though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I used moleskin on a comptac ctac holster before changing to the mtac. Moleskin works well on holster hotspots..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested as well......

I'm keeping my man card no matter how hard I get ridiculed, and remember you asked:

There are a variety of multiple sized (length) and thickness of a self adhesive backed ultra soft device designed to go against a sensitive area of the female anatomy, that all men love.
They are dirt cheap and peel right off, leaving no residue, all other gauze's,  moleskin,  and such soak up sweat, get dirt and grime eventually.

So raid the bathroom cabinet tonight and leave your wife asking WTF are you doing.
If a guy would change the color and shape and rename them, you could market the heck out of em.

With that said, I'm leaving work and headed to the range for some practice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]
No worries what works works..... After I had my nose surgery to straighten it back up the doctor stuffed what appeared to be tampons up my nose.  Pretty disgusting when they were pulled out and I asked if they were the heavy flow version.  Luckily he had a really good sense of humor.

ETA I kind of figured it was maxi pads with your previous comment.  
My finances uses my razors because they are better than the female ones.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm keeping my man card no matter how hard I get ridiculed, and remember you asked:

There are a variety of multiple sized (length) and thickness of a self adhesive backed ultra soft device designed to go against a sensitive area of the female anatomy, that all men love.

They are dirt cheap and peel right off, leaving no residue, all other gauze's,  moleskin,  and such soak up sweat, get dirt and grime eventually.

So raid the bathroom cabinet tonight and leave your wife asking WTF are you doing.

If a guy would change the color and shape and rename them, you could market the heck out of em.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interested as well......

Awesome! I'm going to figure out how to dye them multi-cam and make a fortune...

Your man-card is safe as far as I'm concerned.  I remember threads about how to use tampons for bandages, water filters, tinder, and etc.  If it works use it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant

Comp-tac but I recommend the CTAC

I also have been liking the Blackpoint Tactical recently the Leather Wing and Mini Wing

ETA just added a 19 to my collection this week.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Raven Eidolon.
View Quote

I thought of that or the Morrigan.  But honestly, a Phantom will do both IWB and OWB exceptionally well.  I have one set up with soft loops and one set up with OWB loops.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have used one for over 10years for my G32 and G19.  I do not use anymore only because they do not make one compatible with the XC1 weaponlight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Comfortable
2. Has adjustable cant

What are you using now as a replacement?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s811.photobucket.com/user/EdgecrusherXES/media/635C26EC-704B-4CA8-BE75-FBC53B2782EC_zpsa5zhfheu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz31/EdgecrusherXES/635C26EC-704B-4CA8-BE75-FBC53B2782EC_zpsa5zhfheu.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s811.photobucket.com/user/EdgecrusherXES/media/91779DAB-6634-482C-9CD0-D7C2B8E2D744_zpsjyvlw2jg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz31/EdgecrusherXES/91779DAB-6634-482C-9CD0-D7C2B8E2D744_zpsjyvlw2jg.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks for all the feedback. Who makes this one? Definitely going to have to try a few out and find whats right. I like designs where there isn't a top flap that can fold over when drawn making it hard to reholster. The Raven Eidolon looks interesting an highly configurable.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Love both my Aliengear tuck 3.0....  Wear them all day most days and even on hot days it's comfortable.   Don't like the feel of sweaty leather and hate that they seem to squeak when moving around.  Haven't tried their OWB though.
View Quote

http://aliengearholsters.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MTAC G-19 here as well...
View Quote

Best IWB holster on the market IMHO

Alien Gear makes a decent copy, but the kydex is thicker and not as well formed.  I also prefer the leather backing.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks for all the feedback. Who makes this one? Definitely going to have to try a few out and find whats right. I like designs where there isn't a top flap that can fold over when drawn making it hard to reholster. The Raven Eidolon looks interesting an highly configurable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s811.photobucket.com/user/EdgecrusherXES/media/635C26EC-704B-4CA8-BE75-FBC53B2782EC_zpsa5zhfheu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz31/EdgecrusherXES/635C26EC-704B-4CA8-BE75-FBC53B2782EC_zpsa5zhfheu.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s811.photobucket.com/user/EdgecrusherXES/media/91779DAB-6634-482C-9CD0-D7C2B8E2D744_zpsjyvlw2jg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz31/EdgecrusherXES/91779DAB-6634-482C-9CD0-D7C2B8E2D744_zpsjyvlw2jg.jpg</a>

It is made by G-Code that particular one is the INCOG Shadow XC1
Link
The Comp-Tac holster I have
M-Tac

I got mine cut to fit any size frame Glock in the 9/40/357 slide.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Another +1 for the MTAC
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#23]
PJ IWB is the best.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I gotta add a +1 for the Gcode Incog/shadow holster.  I love the fit and retention on the firearm, I have the shadow for the Surefire XC-1 with the tactical fuzz and it makes a huge difference in the comfort of carrying.  I carry all the time when not at work with my G19 w/XC1 combo in the hot Georgia summers and this was the first holster that the firearm disappeared with.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Gcode HSP Incog is my first choice (although I usually carry a Glock 26 in one made for a Glock 19). MTAC is my second choice.

Lately I've been almost exclusively AIWB carrying so I've been sticking with the Incog. I like it so much I sometimes "open" carry with it at the range instead of using an OWB holster. I also occasionally use it for 3:30 carry as well but like I said, pretty much only carrying appendix these days.

They currently have them in stock as a quick ship item from their website and are usually in stock at haleystrategic.com as well. Travis Haley's video reviews of the holster are great to watch too. Might talk you into it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#26]
You'll prob be like most of us and end up with several holsters for different occasions. I actually use a Raven Vanguard II at 3:30 on my hip and it works great for short trips, with shorts and a Tshirt. I also have an Alien Gear IWB that I wear if I am going to have the gun on me for longer periods of time. Of course you'll need a good kydex OWB as well, I use KT Mech and have been very happy with their stuff.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There's lots to choose from out there, here is one that might work for ya.?

http://stealthgearusa.com/shop/holsters
View Quote

I second stealthgear
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#29]
G-Code and be done with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top